• Show
Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

K9, Derwin, Rayshawn are my favorite for the illustrious “green dot”. All 3 will play 100% of snaps.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

It was excellent - thanks for posting

and I do think John Johnson will be getting a call. Staley wants Derwin James to be like Ramsey.
      Again if they sign Johnson, cool but he also said the safety is on the field always and why he gave Johnson the green dot. Derwin as long as he is healthy isn't coming off the field either.
      Murray will be out there a lot too but probably not 100% so that was a good point by Staley.

Sounds like Sherman is going to be a good coach when he is done.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
        K9, Derwin, Rayshawn are my favorite for the illustrious “green dot”. All 3 will play 100% of snaps.
        Derwin makes most sense to me
        He is absolutely the Alpha of the D
        great communicator
        uber competitive
        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Just like many posters pointed out, lots of vets have had career years under Staley, I think we’re writing Sherman off as a player a bit prematurely
          I’m confident Sherman would show a similar spike in effectiveness with the 2021 Chargers D
          He’s a FA and just lost his DC
          he is in love with Staley
          just watch for interest there
          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Again if they sign Johnson, cool but he also said the safety is on the field always and why he gave Johnson the green dot. Derwin as long as he is healthy isn't coming off the field either.
            Murray will be out there a lot too but probably not 100% so that was a good point by Staley.

Sounds like Sherman is going to be a good coach when he is done.
            Sherman will be a good coach, I know Collinsworth was alluding to the Chargers signing Sherman. But , not sure he would be the right fit.

I am intrigued with what Staley will do with James.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Sherman will be a good coach, I know Collinsworth was alluding to the Chargers signing Sherman. But , not sure he would be the right fit.

I am intrigued with what Staley will do with James.
              He just isn't fast but he is smart, knows his opponents and angles. I sure wouldn't have him covering Tyreek.

Hearing that as well, I'd assume we aren't resigning Perryman. He wants LBs that can run and Perryman isn't fast.

Another note,... Everybody mentions Ingram as a defensive piece when they interview Staley but you notice Staley talks about others and never mentions Ingram. He surely won't be back.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

He just isn't fast but he is smart, knows his opponents and angles. I sure wouldn't have him covering Tyreek.

Hearing that as well, I'd assume we aren't resigning Perryman. He wants LBs that can run and Perryman isn't fast.

Another note,... Everybody mentions Ingram as a defensive piece when they interview Staley but you notice Staley talks about others and never mentions Ingram. He surely won't be back.
                Noticed this too.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Based on what I saw last year - I do not want Ingram back. He looked heavy and much slower. Not sure he fits a Staley defense. Like you said - speed is important. One thing that happened with the Rams from 2019 to 2020 was Weddle retired (he probably would have been released); Matthews was released or retired and Littlejohn went to the Raiders. They got younger and more athletic in the process. Yes, it involves playing young guys and draft picks but why the hell do you draft them.

Not saying the same will happen with the Chargers but Ingram seems like he won't be back; tbd on the other two "thirty-somethings" in Hayward and Joseph.

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                    https://www.awesemo.com/sideaction/v...-pregnant-bjs/

I’m not fluent in reading social media gossip so idk if this is real or whatever but supposedly here’s a taste of Von’s messages to former gf

Enough to keep me off of Von for now
                    I'm not a fan of people posting personal stuff and snip it's of conversations.
                    Some things need to stay private.
                    but if you are going to post it, then post it all, every text to everyone you ever sent. So we can see everything.

Might find out people are throwing stones in glass houses. :cartman:
                    ​​​​​​

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Noticed this too.
                      Me three. Staley was asked about three players, talked about two.

Mel is free to pursue his rap career, IHMO.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I was lurking around trying to find some more info on the Staley-Fangio defense. Back in 2018, Sean McVay wanted to run Vic Fangio's defense, after the Bears destroyed the Rams in 2018. So in 2019, McVay hired an up-and-comer, Brandon Staley, who had worked with Fangio for 3 seasons. Matt LaFleur wanted to run Fangio's defense in GB, so he hired Joe Barry, who worked with Fangio for 3 seasons.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I'm not a fan of people posting personal stuff and snip it's of conversations.
                          Some things need to stay private.
                          but if you are going to post it, then post it all, every text to everyone you ever sent. So we can see everything.

Might find out people are throwing stones in glass houses. :cartman:
                          ​​​​​​
                          https://www.thepowderblues.com/forum...r-any-interest

We have covered this pretty well. No one is throwing stones, this behavior is beyond the pale.

Comment

Working...
                          X