P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Chargerfreak
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2018
      • Send PM

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet11m
      The #Saints are giving Tyrann Mathieu a 3-year, $33M contract. A really solid deal for the All-Pro.

What is Derwin James going to get ?? half of downtown LA !?!?!?!?!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
        Nuk suspended 6 games for PEDs
        Hollywood trade makes more sense now.
        The NFL should schedule the CArdinals and Chargers the first 6 weeks of the season

The Cardinals against hte Chiefs, Broncos and Raiders the last 11 games of the season

Thank you

Comment

• equivocation
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
          https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ia-peter-king/

Interesting read on the Raven's war room process.
          they liked Spiller and chose punter over speedy WR Austin
          Ravens are the best draft process team, and I wish we were more forward thinking like them. They made 2 years of moves for that 4th round and were absolutely correct in identifying the market inefficiency.

Then screwed it up with a punter over Calvin Austin. So ha-ha. They're a worse team because of it.

Comment

• equivocation
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2021
            • Send PM

Also remember the Ravens have lost like 6 good players the last couple years to build their draft capital.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
              Also remember the Ravens have lost like 6 good players the last couple years to build their draft capital.
              Plus they had wink wink deals with players like Houston and Villanueva (I imagine) to allow them to get comp picks for Judon and somebody else - as they signed both players post draft

I imagine a team like the Rams - if they have their eyes on a veteran - will do the same

Mathieu signed for a lot of money today - and because the Saints waited, the Chiefs do not get the comp pick. Which I am good with

Comment

• Boltx
                Dominate the day
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Gotta say, I think KC has had the best off-season in the division, by far. We'll see how long it takes for their new WRs to mesh with Mahomes, but they are a better group than last year IMO even with Hill.
                ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Is your point that they won the Super Bowl but not by enough?
                  My point was that 2 WR their offense was more efficient. When they only had 1 option, they couldn't move the ball until Cinci's D was exhausted.

1 elite WR is not a way to consistently move the ball. The Rams didn't move the ball much at all in the 2nd half.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

My point was that 2 WR their offense was more efficient. When they only had 1 option, they couldn't move the ball until Cinci's D was exhausted.

1 elite WR is not a way to consistently move the ball. The Rams didn't move the ball much at all in the 2nd half.
                    How efficient is any offense when 2 of their top 3 receivers are out with injuries?

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

Ravens are the best draft process team, and I wish we were more forward thinking like them. They made 2 years of moves for that 4th round and were absolutely correct in identifying the market inefficiency.

Then screwed it up with a punter over Calvin Austin. So ha-ha. They're a worse team because of it.
                      TT identified it too so he GAVE AWAY 2-7ths for a 6 next year. TT just loves to go against the market. And it shows in his successful draft pick percentage.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                        Gotta say, I think KC has had the best off-season in the division, by far. We'll see how long it takes for their new WRs to mesh with Mahomes, but they are a better group than last year IMO even with Hill.
                        Nah, the Chargers had the best off-season in the division.

The only move I thought was good by KC was the Ronald Jones addition. Juju Smith-Schuster is overrated. Valdes-Scantling is meh. Reid is nowhere near the player Tyrann Mathieu is. Then there are other FAs they got who are journeymen. For the draft, their Mcduffie pick is a good one. But after that their draft isn't much special just like how fans bag on TT.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

yes it does, luckily same applies to da Raiders in opposite fashion. Denver not so hot as well. Which leaves our true rivals, the Kansas City Chiefs who knocked it out of the park. Still the team to beat in AFC West. That Thursday Night game is going to be must watch, call out sick if you have to, game to see :demonkid:
                          Detract a ton of points for not securing a RT, drafting Karlaftis, and then drafting the plodding Kinnard and imagining he's a RT.
                          Detract some more points for not getting an edge rusher (oh, Karlaftis!), unless they plan on putting Chenal there.

KC had a ton of picks....so that gave the appearance of doing well
                          I thought Denver had a better draft than KC, given their paucity of selections.
                          Last edited by powderblueboy; 05-03-2022, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X