• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

The Chargers have a well established pattern of breaking our hearts . . . . . . . . . . really hope they 'flip' on that particular trend . . . . . . . .
    Oh stop with the battered XXXX syndrome already. Sack up and ride. Moore HAS DONE IT. There is not if he can - it’s rather unlike many Charger hires in that regard. He’s done it with what I think were inferior players than he has this year, unlike Norval who “did it” only when he had at least 4 future HOF players in their prime playing

YEAR OF THE FLIP, get on board now and get a good seat.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
      QFT - so fucking true. The intentionally blatantly overtly shit officiating of the trench is a disgrace. its an embarrassment - there is absolutely no way officials arent seeing what is so glaringly obvious.

Joey was a giant angry baby and wrong in that sense - but he was also 100% right, he was being held on every single play and did not get one call the entire game.
      When Florio talks about Chris Simms saying that defensive lineman and edge rushers are so much better than offensive linemen right now, I believe Simms said that in a video with Florio the day after the Chargers' playoff loss and were commenting on Bosa's meltdown. And while they weren't defending Bosa for is behavior, they did agree that Bosa was getting held and it wasn't being called and it's a problem right now in the NFL.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I’m picking the Lions in the NFC North. I thought Dan Campbell was a joke when they hired him but he’s got them believing and they finished strong.
        Im going with the Lions as well.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          When Florio talks about Chris Simms saying that defensive lineman and edge rushers are so much better than offensive linemen right now, I believe Simms said that in a video with Florio the day after the Chargers' playoff loss and were commenting on Bosa's meltdown. And while they weren't defending Bosa for is behavior, they did agree that Bosa was getting held and it wasn't being called and it's a problem right now in the NFL.
          If NFL officiating is so disposed, it places a greater premium on vet Oline's who know how to better take advantage of the liberal rules.

Charger Oline, aside from Linsley, was young last year .... a year of experience will help them greatly in pass pro.

I hope Duke's camp is focusing on holding this offseason.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by PackerNation View Post

People are high on the Lions just because they beat the Packers the final game of the season to knock the Pack out of the playoffs. Aaron Rodgers literally handed them the game. It's one reason the Packers moved on from him. You can't lose that game. Aaron is the main reason they did.

The Lions never make the playoffs. The Packers miss one year and the Lions are great now? Too funny! The Lions have not won crap for several decades.

Pick whoever you want to win the NFC North, but if you think the Packers are no longer the Kings Of The North because they fleeced the Jets and got rid of Aaron Rodgers, then you are in for a very rude awakening.
            Screenshot_20230704-003459_(1).png
            FrbpALcXwAEZ_9D.jpg
            images-28.jpg
            images-31.jpg
            Has nothing to do with the Packers. The Packers had a losing season last year....and lost BOTH games to the Lions last yer, not just the last game....lol. I thought you had vast knowledge of all the other teams?

The Lions have some talent and just need a better defense. They had a good second half last season and had a good draft.

Im not saying they are great but thry are pretty good now and your division isnt that good and they look to be the best of that division to me.
            Sorry but having Love as your starting QB does not elevate your team higher than what it was. Its a step back.

I dont care what you claim, you are just a big Packers homer in denial.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

People are high on the Lions just because they beat the Packers the final game of the season to knock the Pack out of the playoffs. Aaron Rodgers literally handed them the game. It's one reason the Packers moved on from him. You can't lose that game. Aaron is the main reason they did.

The Lions never make the playoffs. The Packers miss one year and the Lions are great now? Too funny! The Lions have not won crap for several decades.

Pick whoever you want to win the NFC North, but if you think the Packers are no longer the Kings Of The North because they fleeced the Jets and got rid of Aaron Rodgers, then you are in for a very rude awakening.
              Screenshot_20230704-003459_(1).png
              FrbpALcXwAEZ_9D.jpg
              images-28.jpg
              images-31.jpg
              what is this huge jump Love made in 2022? In practice? carrying a clipboard on the sideline? In the QB room watching tape? Where was this huge jump?

Because it wasn’t playing NFL games. He played briefly in 4 games, the Pack was 1-3 in those 4 games. In the 2 games he played well, the Packers got the shit knocked out of them in huge losses. You talked about Moore’s qualifications based on the game end W/L result, well - Jordon was 1-3 last year by your standard. Thats a huge leap from what? He had 14 completions for 195 yards and 1 TD the entire 2022 season in his fourth year and thats a huge jump. That, ol friend, is a huge leap of faith. Its not even one full game of stats.

we see the GB brass has a lot of hope in Love. A lot of statements to the press don’t mean shit, though you seem to buy every one as if its gospel. SF brass has placed the same level of hope in Trey Lance for about the same amount of time, with similar results. “Expert” Scouts see a lot of “potential” but all the team has seen is pain.

Herbert had 12 completions and 2 TDs before halftime of his first game. Good luck, I don’t mind if Love does make that huge jump your crowd says he already made without having to step on an NFL field, but he sure needs to., The little we’ve seen is a QB who is too inconsistent to play at the NFL level. He can play great in spurts and then just stop playing well for no apparent reason. He’ll have a target on him because of that - he looks like a QB that if you rattle and shake, he will fold. His inconsistently will be his downfall if he doesnt eliminate it completely, he has not shown he can yet.

Here’s to the kid and hoping he does break that reputation and become a credible NFL QB.

Comment

• PackerNation
                Banned
                • Jun 2023
                • Send PM

Florio is a hack and lifelong Vikings fan and Packers hater. You cats read and watch Florio, that explains a lot. Florio, the failed lawyer who started a NFL Gossip site 22 years ago is not credible in ANY way for ANYTHING. Simms is a doofus that would be driving for DoorDash if his father didn't get him work after his failed NFL "career."

Does not surprise me that some here get their NFL thoughts and opinions from Mike Florio.

Never quote him again or I will immediately block you.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Like I said in my post above, pick to win, or "root for" whoever you want in the NFC North, knock yourself out.

I'd say the best OLs in the NFC are Philly, Dallas, Green Bay, and Atlanta. You may say Atlanta? Yes, they have a very good OL. Atlanta is not a great team, but their OL is very good. I'm sure most here(haters😏) won't agree that Green Bay has a high quality OL. Those individuals would be wrong. Starting five, and depth, the Packers are no doubt a top 5 OL. Detroit has a good OL, but I would not say it's better than Philly, Dallas, Green Bay, and Atlanta.

You can believe Dan Campbell is a great coach, but Matt LaFleur has won 49 games in 4 years, and been to 2 NFC Championship games in his four seasons as head coach of the Pack. Players love him and he is one of the most liked and respected coaches around the league.

Dan Campbell has proven nothing and won 12 games in two years in Detroit. Never been to the playoffs, yet it appears you feel he is the best coach in the North. I will say that personally I have nothing against Dan Campbell. I don't know him well, but he and I ran a youth TE camp one year during the time he was TEs coach for the Dolphins. Have nothing negative to say about Dan personally, but to gas him and the Lions up the way you are appearing to here is curious at best.
                  We will...not that we care about that division or the NFC. We'll see how many game Matt Lafleur wins with out Aaron.

Campbell took over a sad sack franchise and turned it around. LaFleur didnt do that, he came into a good team with a HOF QB.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Florio is a hack and lifelong Vikings fan and Packers hater. You cats read and watch Florio, that explains a lot. Florio, the failed lawyer who started a NFL Gossip site 22 years ago is not credible in ANY way for ANYTHING. Simms is a doofus that would be driving for DoorDash if his father didn't get him work after his failed NFL "career."

Does not surprise me that some here get their NFL thoughts and opinions from Mike Florio.

Never quote him again or I will immediately block you.
                    Is what he said untrue? Were refs turning the other way to OL holding more last year or were they not. I sure as fuck saw it in a LOT of games all year long - it was beyond just bad calls, it was to the blatant point of being unstated but official league policy.

You just throw around emotion-based statements, so lame. we only accept fact-based arguments of data that is presented. No expert has guaranteed truth status nor automatic rejection here. We evaluate each offering by what they actually say, not who they are. We definitely don’t use butt-hurt whining because a dude likes your #1 division foe more than he likes your team, if that is even true. We don’t give a shit about the Viking Packer rivalry here so we wouldn’t notice.

up your game, PN - you’re embarrassing yourself again.

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

The refs have been more lenient at calling holding in the playoffs for a couple of decades. It's nothing new.
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

If NFL officiating is so disposed, it places a greater premium on vet Oline's who know how to better take advantage of the liberal rules.

Charger Oline, aside from Linsley, was young last year .... a year of experience will help them greatly in pass pro.

I hope Duke's camp is focusing on holding this offseason.
                        Lol. Well played.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

The refs have been more lenient at calling holding in the playoffs for a couple of decades. It's nothing new.
                          I disagree. The extent of overly blatant holding that is overlooked is much greater. It has grown significantly. Florio also mentioned the pre-snap cheat step that OTs are taking these days - that also is ignored much more frequently now than it ever was before. It used to be a pretty automatic procedure call, now they pretend they didn’t see it. Bullshit they didn’t see it.

I hope Duke was working our OTs on their pre-snap half-second head start cheat step move as well

Comment

Working...
                          X