• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    The Chargers are better off without Jenkins. Snaps need to go to Norton and Pipkins. Develop them. JMO.
    For Justin’s sake I hope and pray I’m wrong about trey and storm. I’m just not capable of convincing myself that what I’ve witnessed out of those player for 2 plus years is no longer relevant. If they’ve somehow managed to turn into chicken salad, no one will be happier to be wrong than me
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

BTW, just from looking at images of TC photos from the Charger website I saw that Norton is still using improper technique that got him into so much trouble with Crosby last year. Head down, waist bending, lunging, etc…if you pop in the 2020 tape norton looked more fluid than he did in 2021, he improved his run blocking but to me looked like he regressed in his pass blocking last year. he was lighter in 2020 and he played with his head up, used his arm length better, and he wasn’t as top heavy as he is now and he seemed to drop his hips well and effectively absorb bull rushes. He played Crosby well in 2020, granted Crosby improved a lot from 2020 to 2021. Last year he looked bulked up in the upper body and he also played with more stiffness than he did in the 2020 season.
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
        Ther Broncos lose a wideout for the season.

Broncos WR Tim Patrick suffers season-ending ACL tear (nfl.com)
        This is the part of TC that I HATE. Guys go down and their whole season is shot, and it's not even a contact injury. Not that any kind of injury isn't a little bit heartbreaking, but the non-contact ones I always feel like once the guys get into game shape ... they are going to be past most of those (not all, but most).

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

This is the part of TC that I HATE. Guys go down and their whole season is shot, and it's not even a contact injury. Not that any kind of injury isn't a little bit heartbreaking, but the non-contact ones I always feel like once the guys get into game shape ... they are going to be past most of those (not all, but most).
          Yep. It's the same way Keenan tore his ACL. Fortunately, he's made it all the way back.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

The big difference being the low draft capital that would be invested in acquiring him. Penning cost a top twenty pick in this years draft, jenkins can be had for a 2023 day three pick. It’s low risk if it fails and very high reward if it succeeds. No one could blame the chargers for taking a flier on a 24 year old kid with to s of upside.
            Plus he’ll take up an extra roster spot. I can’t see us cutting Norton or Pipkins to make a spot for a potentially troubled player.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Plus he’ll take up an extra roster spot. I can’t see us cutting Norton or Pipkins to make a spot for a potentially troubled player.
              Brandon Thorn and Duke Manyweather liked Jenkins.

It's the back.

Plus the Chargers have shown a preference for refined glass eaters.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

BTW, just from looking at images of TC photos from the Charger website I saw that Norton is still using improper technique that got him into so much trouble with Crosby last year. Head down, waist bending, lunging, etc…if you pop in the 2020 tape norton looked more fluid than he did in 2021, he improved his run blocking but to me looked like he regressed in his pass blocking last year. he was lighter in 2020 and he played with his head up, used his arm length better, and he wasn’t as top heavy as he is now and he seemed to drop his hips well and effectively absorb bull rushes. He played Crosby well in 2020, granted Crosby improved a lot from 2020 to 2021. Last year he looked bulked up in the upper body and he also played with more stiffness than he did in the 2020 season.
                Your keen observation must be assigned validity. Bad habits are hard to get rid of, especially for offensive linemen. See Dan Feeney.

Staley has prescription rose colored glasses for Norton. Pip is trending up. Then there's thing about our culture and our oline room.

I think Zion is going to be a Walk Off Grand Slam. And our refreshingly good talent level will permeate.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Your keen observation must be assigned validity. Bad habits are hard to get rid of, especially for offensive linemen. See Dan Feeney.

Staley has prescription rose colored glasses for Norton. Pip is trending up. Then there's thing about our culture and our oline room.

I think Zion is going to be a Walk Off Grand Slam. And our refreshingly good talent level will permeate.
                  last offseason they prioritized jared cook over everett in FA, both were available in the 2021 offseason but the focus was adding weapons in the passing game for herbert. This year they brought in everett because they want to help whomever plays RT. They are prioritizing protection this time around and buying a year to complete the offensive line which I’m certain we’ll see a 1st or 2nd round pick used on a RT in the 2023 draft. If they can just get average play from pipkins or norton the chargers are still going to be superbowl contenders this year.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                    Tillery for Jenkins
                    straight up
                    Tillery is at least serviceable as a backup in the rotation. Jenkins is an immature head case and potential locker room cancer. Pass.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

last offseason they prioritized jared cook over everett in FA, both were available in the 2021 offseason but the focus was adding weapons in the passing game for herbert. This year they brought in everett because they want to help whomever plays RT. They are prioritizing protection this time around and buying a year to complete the offensive line which I’m certain we’ll see a 1st or 2nd round pick used on a RT in the 2023 draft. If they can just get average play from pipkins or norton the chargers are still going to be superbowl contenders this year.
                      Also, Cook had a lot of experience in the Lombo offense so it made sense to help develop JH.
                      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Tillery is at least serviceable as a backup in the rotation. Jenkins is an immature head case and potential locker room cancer. Pass.
                        if it was the a well run organization jenkins is having issues with, I’d probably be quick to accept rumors and fan generated stories like the immaturity issues deal which so far is coming from one person with people in chicago calling his credibility into question. But considering the dysfunction in chicago I choose to think twice about drawing quick conclusions about the kid.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Brandon Thorn and Duke Manyweather liked Jenkins.

It's the back.

Plus the Chargers have shown a preference for refined glass eaters.
                          If the Bolts do sign Jenkins, which I'm not all that high on, maybe they stash him on the bench and fly in Duke for some training sessions with him. And Norton also...

Comment

Working...
                          X