• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

You posted Bolt content in this thread. This is the nfl thread.
    Sorry, I believe the game grades had been posted elsewhere prior, and I was free to use them as a supporting argument. I will go share those grades in the Charger forum. No problemo.

Comment

• Fleet 1
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Kauai
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Sorry, I believe the game grades had been posted elsewhere prior, and I was free to use them as a supporting argument. I will go share those grades in the Charger forum. No problemo.
      Bolt beat articles should be in Charger related threads.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

I love Annie:

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
          There were some surprising results Sunday but the Rams going to Seattle and beating the Seahawks was one of the most surprising. They completely revamped their team, are the youngest now in the league and their back ups looked horrible all pre season. They were missing their number 1 offensive weapon in Kupp but have a 5th round rookie receiver who had over 100 yards and a small guy in Atwell who also went over 100. Meanwhile, their defense held Seattle to barely over 100 yards passing.
          Matthew Stafford was on fire - 334 yds passing. That rookie 5th round WR Puca Nacua looked like a veteran in his first NFL game. 119 yds. Hope QJ is taking notice. Tutu Atwell is starting to pay dividends, he had 119 yds also receiving also. He is DD's size, under 5-9, 165 lbs, 4.39 speed. The Chargers need speed at WR, hope Kellen Moore is taking notice and drawing up some downfield plays for DD. The Rams' D came to play - dare I say it, they look very well coached. I don't think the Rams are tanking.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

On one hand, I cant help but laugh, after all the Rogers worship flying between the pundits and media and the Jets own reality show....on the other hand...terrible for Jets fans...just crushing.

I knew it was his achilles when I saw the look of bewilderment on his face, right before he sat down on the field to wait for the trainers to come get him...old boy knew something was seriously amiss....
            Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Send PM

The top 5 rookie WRs in Week 1:

1. Rams Puka Nacua - 5th round BYU - 10 catches/119 yds (tied with teammate Tutu Atwell for 3rd most)
              2. Ravens Zay Flowers - 1st round Boston College - 4 catches/78 yards
              3. Vikings Jordan Addison - 1st round USC - 4 catches/61 yds 1 TD
              4. Packers Jayden Reed - 2nd round Michigan State - 2 catches/58 yards
              5. Demario Douglas - 6th round Liberty - 4 catches/40 yards

It should be noted that Packers rookie TE Luke had 3 catches/50 yds and Lions rookie TE Sam LaPorta had 5 catches/39 yards.

Seahawks Jaxon Smith-Njigba, the 1st WR chosen in the draft, had 3 catches/13 yards
              Chargers Quentin Johnston, the 2nd WR taken, had 2 catches/9 yards​

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                On one hand, I cant help but laugh, after all the Rogers worship flying between the pundits and media and the Jets own reality show....on the other hand...terrible for Jets fans...just crushing.

I knew it was his achilles when I saw the look of bewilderment on his face, right before he sat down on the field to wait for the trainers to come get him...old boy knew something was seriously amiss....
                This is incredibly brutal. I honestly feel bad for Rogers and that really takes some doing as I have never liked him. 4 plays, damn.

As for the JETS, IDGAF about them. they can eat a bag of 'em...
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

This is incredibly brutal. I honestly feel bad for Rogers and that really takes some doing as I have never liked him. 4 plays, damn.

As for the JETS, IDGAF about them. they can eat a bag of 'em...
                  Meanwhile, in Green Bay, Jordan Love is looking like Aaron Rodgers did when Rodgers took over for Brett Favre. The 2020 QB class may turn out to be the best in history.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

Jerry Tillery had a sack for the Raiders yesterday. I'll just say this, Tillery could rush the passer from the interior DL better than any IDL the Chargers have had in a while. And when you get that kind of push against the passer from the middle, it really helps out the edge rushers. That was my only concern about cutting Tillery, losing that ability. The Chargers haven't replaced that dimension either. It doesn't seem any of our IDL can rush the passer effectively.

Comment

• YAC
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2023
                      • Send PM

I'm seriously bummed for Aaron and Jets Nation.

Foot got locked into that ridiculous artificial turf. On grass don't think that turns out that way.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Meanwhile, in Green Bay, Jordan Love is looking like Aaron Rodgers did when Rodgers took over for Brett Favre. The 2020 QB class may turn out to be the best in history.
                        Having a good game against the '85 Bears is something you put on your HOF application. Having a good game against the '23 Bears defense... not so much. I'm waiting on my Love evaluation.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                          Jerry Tillery had a sack for the Raiders yesterday. I'll just say this, Tillery could rush the passer from the interior DL better than any IDL the Chargers have had in a while. And when you get that kind of push against the passer from the middle, it really helps out the edge rushers. That was my only concern about cutting Tillery, losing that ability. The Chargers haven't replaced that dimension either. It doesn't seem any of our IDL can rush the passer effectively.
                          Tillery was cut because we had a better replacement (Morgan Fox). Fox was... is... will be a better IDL player.

Comment

Working...
                          X