• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by FarAwayBoltFan View Post

Maybe he didn't move because it was only 2 hrs. A 2 hr commute may not have been worth disturbing the family or investing in property in LA.

I've had SD commutes (South Bay to North County and back) that took more than 2 hrs one way (knock off traffic I-15 south from Vista to the I-8 could sometimes take more that 2 hrs). It was more efficient (cost, lifestyle, and family disturbance) for me to live on one end of the county and work on the other.

Maybe Philip felt the same.
    I would guess he could afford to rent or take the loss.

All things being equal, he wants to remain with the Chargers.

Comment

• Kingcrimson
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I would guess he could afford to rent or take the loss.

All things being equal, he wants to remain with the Chargers.
      Imagine. A 2/2.5 hour drive to the stadium on game days. Dude must be burnt out. Face it whether you’re driving or a passenger from SD to LA, you feel different after the travel lol

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by FarAwayBoltFan View Post

Maybe he didn't move because it was only 2 hrs. A 2 hr commute may not have been worth disturbing the family or investing in property in LA.

I've had SD commutes (South Bay to North County and back) that took more than 2 hrs one way (knock off traffic I-15 south from Vista to the I-8 could sometimes take more that 2 hrs). It was more efficient (cost, lifestyle, and family disturbance) for me to live on one end of the county and work on the other.

Maybe Philip felt the same.
        It's an hour and a half commute for him with no traffic (not sure how much traffic he hits when he commutes). Since he spends that time watching film that he would watch in a film room at the practice facility, it's not hugely different time-wise for him. It's not ideal, but clearly was aimed at not uprooting his family. His kids are in school and his wife just started a charity organization in San Diego. He isn't the type to give a big middle finger to LA.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I dunno rich, just sounds crazy for him to do another year of that. Not sure what the alternative is for him but I don’t see the Chargers bringing him back.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Psychologists will tell you that it is very damaging to kids for parents to uproot them. At what age ? Pick one, with the Rivers Family.

Obviously Rivers does not want his career to end with a season like this. Philip was speaking from the heart, right after his season, and maybe his career ended.

Lots of moving parts.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Please no more death scenarios for anyone please. Jesus. lol. Not cool.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

It's an hour and a half commute for him with no traffic (not sure how much traffic he hits when he commutes). Since he spends that time watching film that he would watch in a film room at the practice facility, it's not hugely different time-wise for him. It's not ideal, but clearly was aimed at not uprooting his family. His kids are in school and his wife just started a charity organization in San Diego. He isn't the type to give a big middle finger to LA.
                Honestly, i don't know why he didn't just rent out a place next to the practice facility. Come down 2 - 3 times a week during the season.

Comment

• Caslon
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                  Psychologists will tell you that it is very damaging to kids for parents to uproot them. At what age ? Pick one, with the Rivers Family.
                  Huh? Our naval officer dad moved us lots. Penn, New Jersey, Denmark, Rhode Island, Virginia and finally to San Diego by the time I was age 11. Allowed me a wider experience of people and places.

Comment

• RyanLeaf4President
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2019
                    • Send PM

Anyone else watch the Bills game yesterday and feel like Allen is just Tyrod 2.0? Maybe a little bit better?

Also, how about that “mobility” allowing Allen to run backwards extra yards for 2 sacks in a row?

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by RyanLeaf4President View Post
                      Anyone else watch the Bills game yesterday and feel like Allen is just Tyrod 2.0? Maybe a little bit better?

Also, how about that “mobility” allowing Allen to run backwards extra yards for 2 sacks in a row?
                      Allen is in his second year, first time ever in a playoff game. He played well most of the game, then made two bad decisions at the end. Of course, it's tough going against JJ Watt and Mercyless...I felt the Texans OC should have dialed up more screens and swing passes to counteract that fierce Texans pass rush...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by RyanLeaf4President View Post

I think Allen is better already and will continue to get better than Tyrod is. He is much better with his running than I thought he was but takes too many sacks.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                          I dunno rich, just sounds crazy for him to do another year of that. Not sure what the alternative is for him but I don’t see the Chargers bringing him back.
                          The decision on Rivers is the one that starts a lot of dominos falling, for us and for other teams that might want him. I wonder how long until we know he is being resigned or let go.

Comment

Working...
                          X