• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

I opined a few weeks ago that it would be an epic mistake to not draft a QB and keep TT & Lynn, but I would not be surprised.

I mean, who the hell is going to show up to watch Tyrod Taylor or Easton Stick? And when you're moving into a $6 billion dollar new stadium, no less? If this happens, you gotta wonder if Dean is legally sane or if the motor's still running with no one behind the wheel.
    I think that the last 3 seasons showed that even with the beloved Rivers, in a tiny stadium, no one showed up for the games. Even when they were going 12-4 last season. Unless they were fans of the other teams. I think Rivers leaving sadly has no impact on the popularity of the Bolts in LA, so I doubt that enters into the business decision.

Happy new year, Cap'n!

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Why suddenly would they only go with two quarterbacks? If Rivers does not return, they'll go draft another rookie or get a vet backup, in case Stick is still not ready.

Or do they go with only one qb next year? A Lynn wanting to boost Tyrod's confidence. Some here would go for that, hoping tyrod gets injured and they go into full tank-a-thon mode.
      I was responding to Thunder's quote below. We already have Tyrod and Stick, and if we keep Rivers AND draft his replacement, now we would have 4 QB's. One of them would have to be cut, either Tyrod or Stick. Wouldn't make sense.

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post
      I'd also be ok with Rivers back for one more year on the condition that his replacement is drafted. I'm absolutely against bringing him back without the latter though.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Then either Tyrod or Stick would be cut. Don't see it happening. I think Bolts let Rivers go, and roll with Tyrod and Stick or possibly draft someone like Hurts in round 2.
        We would have the worst set of QBs in the entire NFL with those 3.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I was responding to Thunder's quote below. We already have Tyrod and Stick, and if we keep Rivers AND draft his replacement, now we would have 4 QB's. One of them would have to be cut, either Tyrod or Stick. Wouldn't make sense.

I'm sure Tyrod could be traded. He's 1-yr @ 7.5m... I wish they would.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

We would have the worst set of QBs in the entire NFL with those 3.
            Sets us up perfectly to cut Tyrod and draft Lawrence in 2021!

Comment

• PMR9FAN
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
              So many people are clamoring for Tyrod Taylor. I don't know what the folks who do this obsession is with the guy. It's like they want him to be their boyfriend. I'm not going for it.
              Back up QB is always the most popular guy on a losing team.

Comment

• RyanLeaf4President
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2019
                • Send PM

I want Tyrod to start next year and Rivers to go somewhere like the Colts. Just so we can see Rivers play at a high level, and see Chargers go 1-15 under Tyrod. Then we can see what all the "Bench Rivers for Tyrod" people have to say.

Tyrod is a back up QB for a reason. It's crazy people think that putting him back there behind that line = more wins, just because he's mobile. So now instead of having Rivers sacked after the snap, we have a QB who runs for a bit and then gets sacked/throws it away?

Comment

• PMR9FAN
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by RyanLeaf4President View Post
                  I want Tyrod to start next year and Rivers to go somewhere like the Colts. Just so we can see Rivers play at a high level, and see Chargers go 1-15 under Tyrod. Then we can see what all the "Bench Rivers for Tyrod" people have to say.

Tyrod is a back up QB for a reason. It's crazy people think that putting him back there behind that line = more wins, just because he's mobile. So now instead of having Rivers sacked after the snap, we have a QB who runs for a bit and then gets sacked/throws it away?
                  Right and the running game will still suck.

Comment

• chris9341
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Electric Chicken View Post

I took Herbert in my mock draft based on what I would do if it was up to me ,,,, but it seems like the plan in place is for Tyrod. We may be better off signing a vet qb to compete with Taylor. Would anyone be down with trading our #6 pick for a vet QB ? and if so, who?
                    Trading our first round pick that is a top ten for a vet QB? No thankyou.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Electric Chicken View Post

I took Herbert in my mock draft based on what I would do if it was up to me ,,,, but it seems like the plan in place is for Tyrod. We may be better off signing a vet qb to compete with Taylor. Would anyone be down with trading our #6 pick for a vet QB ? and if so, who?

I would hope that any GM would be insta-shit-canned if they blew pick #6 trading for that unless it was an amazing player.

If there is a potential gamechanger type DL/LB man there at 6 take him, if there isn't you go OL.
                      If there's a worthy QB there late in RD 1, trade back up and get him.

Balt. didn't have pick 32 when they got L.Jackson, they traded back up into Rd.1 to get him

Philadelphia traded first- and fourth-round selections (32nd and 132nd) to Baltimore
                      for Baltimore's second- and fourth-round selections (52nd and 125th) and a second-round selection in 2019 (Pick 53)

turned into:
                      BAL L.Jackson QB, J. Scott WR
                      for
                      PHi D.Goedert TE(via trade-up w/IND) A.Maddox CB, M.Sanders RB

SPOILERI mean, you know, if TT/the FO was capable of executing a pick swap like this. :troll:

Comment

• TheDeafBolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

What about Andy Dalton the ole Gunslinger?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by TheDeafBolt View Post
                          What about Andy Dalton the ole Gunslinger?
                          Pass

Comment

Working...
                          X