Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Defensive and Offensive Line Improvements?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Defensive and Offensive Line Improvements?



    Note: Khalil Mack didn't make the Top 20.

    Chargers needs to support this by bringing in a quality starter opposite Casey, who can play man coverage.

  • #2
    And grab Derek Brown maybe?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ghost View Post


      Note: Khalil Mack didn't make the Top 20.

      Chargers needs to support this by bringing in a quality starter opposite Casey, who can play man coverage, AND DRAFT OR SIGN VIA FA A QUALITY DT OR NT...
      There...fixed it for 'ya!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Topcat View Post

        There...fixed it for 'ya!
        Been asking for this for years. Proven beef in the middle of the defensive line. If we are lucky, that could be the one thing that might convince Bosa to stay, along with a boat load of cash of course.

        He must be tired of doing it all on his own for the most part and having his hard work constantly negated.

        Will TT finally show he's serious about this type of FA signing?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ghost View Post


          Note: Khalil Mack didn't make the Top 20.

          Chargers needs to support this by bringing in a quality starter opposite Casey, who can play man coverage.
          Amazing how good the Bosa family and Watt family are....... can Derrick Watt switch to defense?.... play some moddle LBer????

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

            Been asking for this for years. Proven beef in the middle of the defensive line. If we are lucky, that could be the one thing that might convince Bosa to stay, along with a boat load of cash of course.

            He must be tired of doing it all on his own for the most part and having his hard work constantly negated.

            Will TT finally show he's serious about this type of FA signing?
            This is a very good point...if we want to keep Bosa, need to give him some help...with more help, Bosa could well have 15+ sacks a year...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Charge! View Post

              Amazing how good the Bosa family and Watt family are....... can Derrick Watt switch to defense?.... play some moddle LBer????
              Interesting take on Watt...after all, he IS one of our top tacklers on ST's, right?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Topcat View Post

                Interesting take on Watt...after all, he IS one of our top tacklers on ST's, right?
                J.J. & T.J. are both 6'5". D.J. (aka Derek) is 'only' 6'2" so is probably ill suited to be a DL. But, he likely shares the Watt family genetics (power, twitch, etc.) and would consequently be a great fit at LB.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by FarAwayBoltFan View Post

                  J.J. & T.J. are both 6'5". D.J. (aka Derek) is 'only' 6'2" so is probably ill suited to be a DL. But, he likely shares the Watt family genetics (power, twitch, etc.) and would consequently be a great fit at LB.
                  Not unheard of to do a position switch at the pro level...remember how the Bolts switched Dielman from a D-lineman to an OG? And it worked quite nicely, too...

                  image.jpeg

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ghost View Post


                    Note: Khalil Mack didn't make the Top 20.

                    Chargers needs to support this by bringing in a quality starter opposite Casey, who can play man coverage.
                    So we have two of top Pass rushers but could not Sack Brady in PO.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I don’t know exactly wtf PFF defines as a win or what the value of this “win vs double team” means in the big scheme of things. Joey was 9th in the league in sacks with 11.5, Melvin is tied at #44 with 7 sacks.

                      So looking at Joey’s line here (the better one)” ... he “won” 23% of the 169 “2+ blockers” pass rushes which equates to about 40 wins ... uh, what the fuck did he win? I mean besides this highly coveted PFF pseudo-stat e-trophy?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                        I don’t know exactly wtf PFF defines as a win or what the value of this “win vs double team” means in the big scheme of things. Joey was 9th in the league in sacks with 11.5, Melvin is tied at #44 with 7 sacks.

                        So looking at Joey’s line here (the better one)” ... he “won” 23% of the 169 “2+ blockers” pass rushes which equates to about 40 wins ... uh, what the fuck did he win? I mean besides this highly coveted PFF pseudo-stat e-trophy?
                        My thought as well. Melvin was a dispointment imo. Badly out produced by rookie Max Crosby.

                        If Telesco had any intention of trading up for Burrow, he should include Ingram in the deal to sweeten the pot and maybe be able to hold on to a pick and gain even more cap space.
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-03-2020, 09:11 PM.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X