• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by El_Tee View Post
    I’m posting this because it goes back to the team and their feelings of 16 road games and feeing unwanted.

I was at Disney Springs, the shopping district at WDW. I saw two people in Bosa Jerseys. Middle aged couple like me. My son was all decked out. I usually don’t see Bolts gear much. Took me by surprise... I forgot it’s Pro Bowl weekend for a second.

These two went to the Pro Bowl festivities today. They were all decked out. The wife even had Chargers sneakers.

They said they saw Keenan and Supa on the sidelines well within shouting distance.

They had a giant Chargers flag and it stood out. They were with a group of other Chargers fans they didn’t know, maybe 15-20 people.

Keenan and Melvin ignored all of them and didn’t come over. Other teams’ players were mingling.l with their fans.

At a time when our fandom and support is questioned, let times likes this be a reminder when athletes complain about lack of support. It goes both ways. It would’ve taken them not even five minutes to pose for pics and thank the small group of fans.

This couple flew cross country and has had season tickets since 1996.

Disgusting.
    Disgusting? Good Lord, people just look for things to be butt hurt about these days.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Disgusting might be a strong word, but they should know better.
      Lynn needs to tell his vets to lead on/off the field.
      symptoms of a “player friendly” locker room.
      we so badly need ONE MOFO IN CHARGE
      P1. Block Destruction
      P2. Shocking Effort
      P3. Ball Disruption
      P4. Obnoxious Communication

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
        Disgusting might be a strong word, but they should know better.
        Lynn needs to tell his vets to lead on/off the field.
        symptoms of a “player friendly” locker room.
        we so badly need ONE MOFO IN CHARGE
        We don't what the players were doing, we don't know if they even noticed the fans, why they didn't talk to them or how the fans were acting. They may have been in diva mode or the fans were rude - we don't know. Coming to a conclusion about what the team should or shouldn't do based on a second hand report seems kind of short sighted.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

We don't what the players were doing, we don't know if they even noticed the fans, why they didn't talk to them or how the fans were acting. They may have been in diva mode or the fans were rude - we don't know. Coming to a conclusion about what the team should or shouldn't do based on a second hand report seems kind of short sighted.
          yeah, it's just a second-hand anecdote from one moment in time.
          I saw this on KA's Instagram from the ProBowl though
          :KA-PB.jpg

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

The only reason i even bring it up is after seeing how good he looks there on GL d. He was brought to South Carolina to play MLB. Where he played in HS. He is a Linebacker at his core. Inside/Outside? He would be the first to tell you he will dominate wherever you put him.

You cut your teeth at MLB in pop warner and high school for so many years as a kid....everything else you play is an extension of that position. You call a defense you know the roll of everybody. He is too smart a linebacker not to be able to go back to that position.

I agree it wont happen. But its not because he cant play the position. I wouldn't have said so if he had no experience there.

Teams trade up in front of us for the 3 QBs...2 teams really want Simmons and Okudah. Chase Young falls in our laps. lol
            Fleet is right. Mel has been the MLB in the goalline and some shortyardage packages since Gus arrived. Playing MLB in the base D is really pretty much an extension of that. It's not like we put the base D out on the field that much. NFL offenses play 3 WR between 1/2 and 2/3 of the snaps, so that is the vast majority of regular downs, with a lot of the other non-3 WR sets being very situational specific defenses. MLB is NOT a full time position. We will/can sub out the MLB a big chunk of the time in favor of DB to matchup against the 3rd WR. When our D has been successful under Gus, it was mostly out of the dime package. This past season, the D took a big hit, and a lot of it was the mismatches we gave up by keeping too many LB on the field,

Mel can move around as a pass rusher when he is not playing MLB, which is how we use him for a lot of those downs anyway. One or two of our LB will be off the field much of the time, or in place of a DL.

I have been hearing from some Redskins fans that Del Rio and Rivera are not making much of a secret that Young isn't going to get past them. They haven't said a lot of public things about how great Haskins, so some people think it is them knocking Haskins, but it's probably mostly a motivation thing. It's too early for them to give up on Haskins. If they are going QB, then Young is really the only choice. People looking at the Redskins keep focusing on the play of Haskins, but miss that Sweat really didn't do much to impress in his rookie year.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Gwynning_Spirit View Post

yeah, it's just a second-hand anecdote from one moment in time.
              I saw this on KA's Instagram from the ProBowl though
              :KA-PB.jpg
              Who knew Ashton Kutcher was a Bills fan.
              P1. Block Destruction
              P2. Shocking Effort
              P3. Ball Disruption
              P4. Obnoxious Communication

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Fleet is right. Mel has been the MLB in the goalline and some shortyardage packages since Gus arrived. Playing MLB in the base D is really pretty much an extension of that. It's not like we put the base D out on the field that much. NFL offenses play 3 WR between 1/2 and 2/3 of the snaps, so that is the vast majority of regular downs, with a lot of the other non-3 WR sets being very situational specific defenses. MLB is NOT a full time position. We will/can sub out the MLB a big chunk of the time in favor of DB to matchup against the 3rd WR. When our D has been successful under Gus, it was mostly out of the dime package. This past season, the D took a big hit, and a lot of it was the mismatches we gave up by keeping too many LB on the field,

Mel can move around as a pass rusher when he is not playing MLB, which is how we use him for a lot of those downs anyway. One or two of our LB will be off the field much of the time, or in place of a DL.

I have been hearing from some Redskins fans that Del Rio and Rivera are not making much of a secret that Young isn't going to get past them. They haven't said a lot of public things about how great Haskins, so some people think it is them knocking Haskins, but it's probably mostly a motivation thing. It's too early for them to give up on Haskins. If they are going QB, then Young is really the only choice. People looking at the Redskins keep focusing on the play of Haskins, but miss that Sweat really didn't do much to impress in his rookie year.
                Its good to see you around man. I know you are swamped at work. But you make us smarter football minds here. Cheers.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Gwynning_Spirit View Post

I agree with you. The problem is that once some idiot GM gives out that kind of contract, that's the market. Since we can't let KA walk until after 2020, if he's unhappy and pulls a Gordon, we have no WR for 10 games. TT either has to extend him with that kind of money before TC, or start shopping him by the draft so this doesn't turn into another Gordon situation.
                  Start shopping him. We have no time for disgruntled expensive players who just want max money. For his skill set $13.5 million is sufficient. He's not Jerry Rice or any other superstar. Very good and solid contributor but not superstar player.
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Start shopping him. We have no time for disgruntled expensive players who just want max money. For his skill set $13.5 million is sufficient. He's not Jerry Rice or any other superstar. Very good and solid contributor but not superstar player.
                    Wow,...he is pretty damn good in my book. 303 receptions the past 3 seasons. 524 for his career, 4 thousand yard seasons out of 7...one of which only lasted a half a game. So really he has done this in 6 seasons.

He is one of the top WRs in the league imo. He just don't have blazing speed.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Wow,...he is pretty damn good in my book. 303 receptions the past 3 seasons. 524 for his career, 4 thousand yard seasons out of 7...one of which only lasted a half a game. So really he has done this in 6 seasons.

He is one of the top WRs in the league imo. He just don't have blazing speed.
                      Yes, he makes a lot of catches and is elusive. It's not like he makes a lot of catches with huge YAC for 8 td's per season. He doesn't take over games like some offensive weapons. Solid contributor in danger of pricing himself out of the market. Sign Ekler first, maybe Gordon if his head is out of the clouds...and then KA last for a slight raise to maybe $14 million. If he holds out for $17 million it's time to let him go. Better to sign Bosa and let KA go.
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

with the expected change of QB, they should be able to keep all of those guys and pay them well
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                          with the expected change of QB, they should be able to keep all of those guys and pay them well
                          This.

Comment

Working...
                          X