Rivers Family Packed Up And Left California.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KYBoltsFan
    THERE'S A GLEAM, MEN
    Generous Donor
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Biggestfan View Post
    Painful to think the Chargers organization in all likelyhood has squandered the career of a future hall of Famer with their piss poor management and inability to put a good product out on the field yet again.
    Yet again is right.

Fouts
    Winslow
    Joiner
    Seau
    Tomlinson
    Gates
    Rivers
    etc etc etc...

I'd rather it had been with us but I was glad to see Brees, Fred Dean, Gary Johnson, Louie Kelcher, Rodney Harrison and a handful of other 'former Charger' greats able to get a title elsewhere.

NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Agree with you on Brady...i'd be actively routing against the Chargers. That would be a slamming the door in my face move.
      Brady makes absolutely zero sense. It is being reported that he wants to get PAID. The Chargers cannot upgrade the roster and pay Tom Brady. Second, he is 43 - -there is a point his skills will deteriorate more. Maybe talk to him if you know the Raiders are talking to him and get them to sign him. I don't want the guy. If they move on from Rivers and want to pay a FA QB - Bridgewater makes much more sense.

Comment

• bartman83642
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Brady makes absolutely zero sense. It is being reported that he wants to get PAID. The Chargers cannot upgrade the roster and pay Tom Brady. Second, he is 43 - -there is a point his skills will deteriorate more. Maybe talk to him if you know the Raiders are talking to him and get them to sign him. I don't want the guy. If they move on from Rivers and want to pay a FA QB - Bridgewater makes much more sense.
        Doesn't really make sense for Brady either. Why go to a team that is in such disarray.

Comment

• Boltx
          Dominate the day
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
          I have been preparing for the possibility of life without Rivers all along...and still feel it's possible....but also feel it's still not a lock. He may very well have decided that if he returns to the Chargers, he would do so distraction free, and that it was time to move his family anyway...100 percent focused on football the next 1-2 years, football home in LA, no more 4 hour commutes.

I have made peace with either scenario...just wish a commitment from either or both sides would be made, so fans can move on and focus on how the team proceeds...

As for Brady...I would seriously consider abandoning the Bolts while Brady wears the jersey...it's a shameless publicity stunt, designed to sell tickets. It won't build fanbase...people will just show up to see the circus act....and then disappear when they realize the dancing bear is old and boring. I'll be cheering the minute I hear Brady has signed back with NE, or signed elsewhere, anywhere but here.

If they have decided to move on from Phil, I have no problem with Tyrod...short term...better than forcing the issue with a draft pick this year...only take a QB if you are in love with the guy, and even if you do, sit him for a year...I figure if Rivers isn't back, we gonna see Tyrod no matter who we pick this year.
          Tank with Tyrod
          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Shawne Merriman tweeting that Philip Rivers is not done playing

Comment

• El_Tee
              I’m No Noob
              • Sep 2019
              • Disney World, FL
              • Send PM

Rivers will have a suitor. I just again watched his last presser where he tears up because he doesn’t care about throwing another interception when it’s 3rd and 1 and he heaves it into triple coverage 35 yds downfield.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

He said 3rd and 18 didnt he?

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by KYBoltsFan View Post

Yet again is right.

Fouts
                  Winslow
                  Joiner
                  Seau
                  Tomlinson
                  Gates
                  Rivers
                  etc etc etc...

I'd rather it had been with us but I was glad to see Brees, Fred Dean, Gary Johnson, Louie Kelcher, Rodney Harrison and a handful of other 'former Charger' greats able to get a title elsewhere.
                  agree... so sad but true......

Chargers have never had a truly great complete team. Chargers may have had the greatest offense in history in air Cornell days with more HOF and pro bowl players omg one offense than ever...

Similar to the great steel curtain that was loaded with HOF players...

Chargers have had many individual super stars who were the best at their positions ....... 2 of best QB's, 2 of best TE's..... many great receivers, a few great pass rushers, one of the best LBers of all time,,,,, etc..... but none of them ever won a SB championship.....

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Rivers moving his family already means he knew it was over long ago.... just guessing before season when spanos stopped negotiating......... art takes time to shop for and buy a house.... even a rental.... and takes forever to pack for a huge family......

that took planning and im sure affected his play on the field....... he still gave 110 percent effort like he always has and always will but it had to be killing him that the organization no longer wanted him......

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
                      Rivers moving his family already means he knew it was over long ago.... just guessing before season when spanos stopped negotiating......... art takes time to shop for and buy a house.... even a rental.... and takes forever to pack for a huge family......

that took planning and im sure affected his play on the field....... he still gave 110 percent effort like he always has and always will but it had to be killing him that the organization no longer wanted him......
                      He already had the house in Florida

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by El_Tee View Post
                        Rivers will have a suitor. I just again watched his last presser where he tears up because he doesn’t care about throwing another interception when it’s 3rd and 1 and he heaves it into triple coverage 35 yds downfield.
                        He said he wants to play. He even said if any one of the 32 teams offers him a job, he'll take it.

I would guess Indy and Tennessee will be suitors. Hell, maybe New England (sorry beachcomber).

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Not gonna cry for Rivers, he’s had an awesome career and been paid handsomely for it. Lots of greats never made it to a SB, meh.

Next man up!

Comment

Working...
                          X