• Show
Clear All
  • MasterOfPuppets
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Tijuana
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

...My guess is that Chargers brass, in order to look better in public eyed not look cheap, made sure Rivers could not succeed this season by not adding any capable OL, or any other adds after we had injuries like most other teams did. I've always thought Chargers would never ever be willing to pay any QB or player 20-25 million per year....... like most QB's are getting today.....
    This makes no sense, which team would tank a season to get rid of their QB? and didn't Rivers make like 23 million last year?

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

My guess is that Chargers brass, in order to look better in public eyed not look cheap, made sure Rivers could not succeed this season by not adding any capable OL, or any other adds after we had injuries like most other teams did. I've always thought Chargers would never ever be willing to pay any QB or player 20-25 million per year....... like most QB's are getting today.....
      This can't possibly be a serious take, can it? The owners, desperate to build fan support the year before they move into their new stadium, sabotage the team so that we suck and can let a player walk away at the end of his contract. Seriously?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

It's storytime on TPB.

Shitposts, spam posts, free merch.

Hell we're giving away the ipads
        to the next ten posters.

Anything to take away from football substance.

But yunno what else ?
        Stick don't look bad
        slingin' da rock.

Stick n Steich.
        I Love the sound of this.

Quessenberry n Cushenberry.
        Lamp n Lamb.
        Hunter n Hunter.

We're going to DisneyWorld.
        Or maybe at least the Rivers Clan is...

:cuss:

Dagummit.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

If it isn’t true, the Chargers should immediately issue a statement refuting it. The longer it’s out there the longer the legs it gets. Their silence is telling

Comment

• RollingThunder
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

This can't possibly be a serious take, can it? The owners, desperate to build fan support the year before they move into their new stadium, sabotage the team so that we suck and can let a player walk away at the end of his contract. Seriously?
            Welcome to the world of climate, I mean QB change deniers. If the narrative does not fit, let's just make one up.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

NFL Network/NFL radio usually do not repeat stories like that unless they believe it has merit. Glazer lives in LA and has insider connections....... so I assume it will be confirmed by Chargers brass sometime after SB when they see fit, which is usually after late after everyone already knows......

as usual, it may take awhile for Chargers brass to actually admit that they are letting Rivers go. The decision was obviously made before the season when they stopped negotiating, yet i saw another report from shefter, that Chargers brass was meeting soon to discuss the issue. My guess is that Chargers brass, in order to look better in public eyed not look cheap, made sure Rivers could not succeed this season by not adding any capable OL, or any other adds after we had injuries like most other teams did. I've always thought Chargers would never ever be willing to pay any QB or player 20-25 million per year....... like most QB's are getting today.....

It was much Cheaper to give Rivers zero help and let him struggle and go..... and with no help on OL, no 2nd TE, no speed at WR, no power RB to replace Gordon while he was out, etc.... Rivers was doomed...... while loaded teams like KC added players as needed to help them succeed.......

Spanos thinks this makes it look like its Rivers' fault and not the fault of Chargers brass...... Chargers also did this with Seau and Harrison....marty put them in positions that were not the best for their skills so that both would look like they could not play anymore...... making it easy to cut them.....

Spanos has been the worst owner and organization in football since he bought the team...... no real effort ever to get it right...... they get a 1/32 cut of the massive TV deal even though they do nothing to deserve it...... so no reason for a cheap owner to spend money........

I think we will all be sorry when Rivers signs with a team that actually has an OL, and he is leading them into the playoffs.....
              Bolts did that with Addae also...after they drafted Derwin, they moved Jaleel from SS, where he was at least serviceable, to FS where he was a epic fail...and then cut him...

Comment

• DontEverGiveUp
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                If it isn’t true, the Chargers should immediately issue a statement refuting it. The longer it’s out there the longer the legs it gets. Their silence is telling
                Not necessary. They guy attributed with the "report" has already come out and said he wasn't reporting anything, just speculating.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                  There's always a vacuum of info with these guys. It's like the PR department was trained in North Korea.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Bolts did that with Addae also...after they drafted Derwin, they moved Jaleel from SS, where he was at least serviceable, to FS where he was a epic fail...and then cut him...
                    James is obviously an order of magnitude better than Addae is, so they tried him at a different position. It did not work out, so it was time to move on. What is wrong with that?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by DontEverGiveUp View Post

Not necessary. They guy attributed with the "report" has already come out and said he wasn't reporting anything, just speculating.
                      Glazer, you hoser.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• PR#1
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

I do too..... it will kill me to see him leading a team with an OL into the playoffs next season....... but Spanos has always done whatever he wanted to do no matter how bad the decision......
                        You can't fix stupid.

But maybe this will be a win win for the Chargers and Rivers.

Rivers gets a fresh start with another team.

And the Chargers get the mobile QB that so many fans have been pining for.

I'm seeing Chargers taking Herbert on multiple different mock drafts.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                          It's storytime on TPB.

Shitposts, spam posts, free merch.

Hell we're giving away the ipads
                          to the next ten posters.

Anything to take away from football substance.

But yunno what else ?
                          Stick don't look bad
                          slingin' da rock.

Stick n Steich.
                          I Love the sound of this.

Quessenberry n Cushenberry.
                          Lamp n Lamb.
                          Hunter n Hunter.

We're going to DisneyWorld.
                          Or maybe at least the Rivers Clan is...

Dagummit.
                          That Stick will definitely get broken behind Tommyjohns current o line lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X