Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jay Glazer: Chargers Have Officially Moved On From Rivers

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jay Glazer: Chargers Have Officially Moved On From Rivers

    They are stating on sirius NFL radio that The Chargers have officially moved on from Rivers........

    According to Jay Glazer of FOX Sports, the Chargers have officially moved on from Philip Rivers as their starting quarterback after 16 years with the team. ... Most recently, Rivers permanently moved his family from San Diego to Florida which was a major domino to fall in this saga.2 hours ago

    I have not seen a report or comment by TT or Spanos..... I would assume that is coming

  • #2

    Comment


    • #3
      I think the only thing 'official' about this is that Jay Glazer said it.

      Comment


      • #4
        I thing the gentle chargers have moved on, was when they hired a RB coach to HC. The hard stance was when they fired whiz.

        Comment


        • #5
          Whiz was a lame OC, nobody liked him and he was a horrible HC to boot so not sure what the point is about losing him and anything to do with Rivers. Steichmeister and Rivers were very tight so keeping him as OC led many to believe Rivers was staying.

          Comment


          • #6
            I wish Rivers the best of luck.

            Comment


            • #7
              T. Taylor, E. Stick or J. Herbert under center next year ?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                I think the only thing 'official' about this is that Jay Glazer said it.
                NFL Network/NFL radio usually do not repeat stories like that unless they believe it has merit. Glazer lives in LA and has insider connections....... so I assume it will be confirmed by Chargers brass sometime after SB when they see fit, which is usually after late after everyone already knows......

                as usual, it may take awhile for Chargers brass to actually admit that they are letting Rivers go. The decision was obviously made before the season when they stopped negotiating, yet i saw another report from shefter, that Chargers brass was meeting soon to discuss the issue. My guess is that Chargers brass, in order to look better in public eyed not look cheap, made sure Rivers could not succeed this season by not adding any capable OL, or any other adds after we had injuries like most other teams did. I've always thought Chargers would never ever be willing to pay any QB or player 20-25 million per year....... like most QB's are getting today.....

                It was much Cheaper to give Rivers zero help and let him struggle and go..... and with no help on OL, no 2nd TE, no speed at WR, no power RB to replace Gordon while he was out, etc.... Rivers was doomed...... while loaded teams like KC added players as needed to help them succeed.......

                Spanos thinks this makes it look like its Rivers' fault and not the fault of Chargers brass...... Chargers also did this with Seau and Harrison....marty put them in positions that were not the best for their skills so that both would look like they could not play anymore...... making it easy to cut them.....

                Spanos has been the worst owner and organization in football since he bought the team...... no real effort ever to get it right...... they get a 1/32 cut of the massive TV deal even though they do nothing to deserve it...... so no reason for a cheap owner to spend money........

                I think we will all be sorry when Rivers signs with a team that actually has an OL, and he is leading them into the playoffs.....

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
                  I wish Rivers the best of luck.
                  I do too..... it will kill me to see him leading a team with an OL into the playoffs next season....... but Spanos has always done whatever he wanted to do no matter how bad the decision......

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                    T. Taylor, E. Stick or J. Herbert under center next year ?
                    Likely Taylor to start and "hopefully" Burrow or Tua playing when they are ready.......

                    Hoping Hebert impresses so much at combine that CIN or MIA will grab him.......

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      If CIN don't pick Burrow, it will be a disaster in Ohio.
                      Like PIT when they passed on Marino.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Charge! View Post

                        NFL Network/NFL radio usually do not repeat stories like that unless they believe it has merit. Glazer lives in LA and has insider connections....... so I assume it will be confirmed by Chargers brass sometime after SB when they see fit, which is usually after late after everyone already knows......

                        as usual, it may take awhile for Chargers brass to actually admit that they are letting Rivers go. The decision was obviously made before the season when they stopped negotiating, yet i saw another report from shefter, that Chargers brass was meeting soon to discuss the issue. My guess is that Chargers brass, in order to look better in public eyed not look cheap, made sure Rivers could not succeed this season by not adding any capable OL, or any other adds after we had injuries like most other teams did. I've always thought Chargers would never ever be willing to pay any QB or player 20-25 million per year....... like most QB's are getting today.....

                        It was much Cheaper to give Rivers zero help and let him struggle and go..... and with no help on OL, no 2nd TE, no speed at WR, no power RB to replace Gordon while he was out, etc.... Rivers was doomed...... while loaded teams like KC added players as needed to help them succeed.......

                        Spanos thinks this makes it look like its Rivers' fault and not the fault of Chargers brass...... Chargers also did this with Seau and Harrison....marty put them in positions that were not the best for their skills so that both would look like they could not play anymore...... making it easy to cut them.....

                        Spanos has been the worst owner and organization in football since he bought the team...... no real effort ever to get it right...... they get a 1/32 cut of the massive TV deal even though they do nothing to deserve it...... so no reason for a cheap owner to spend money........

                        I think we will all be sorry when Rivers signs with a team that actually has an OL, and he is leading them into the playoffs.....
                        Glazer? He reported that the Raiders would play in London for all games. https://www.insidehook.com/daily_bri...oakland-report

                        Did the Raiders play there for all home games? No. It was just one.

                        The Chargers were reported to move to London. Only for that to be refuted.

                        It's the offseason. Mainstream media is poison.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X