• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Tyrod will never be able to make throws Rivers can make. You and I know that. But Tyrod wont make critical errors as much as Rivers does. You and I know that.

Yes It's a team game.
    Yes All plays count.
    Yes All things that happened during game can be factored into final result.
    I just think its a QB driven league.
    And I agree with HCs like Lynn and Vrabel that Turnovers are the biggest factor in winning and losing. Rivers turned it over. Tyrod did not.

I've always bet on the turnovers as the main deciding factor in the game regardless of who QB is.

Point the finger wherever you like. But don't fault me for pointing it at QB who lead his team to only 3pts in second half and telegraph an interception late in 4th quarter. I won't analyze it away even in the ultimate team game. I will put it on the starting QB.

Lets pick this up again next week when Tyrod probably gets destroyed by Cheifs and Rivers.....well I don't know if he will play well vs Vikings. I think Zimmer knows how to defend a River's lead offense.

So let try week 3 when Rivers should light up the Jets in a blowout win and Tyrod hopefully game managers a win over Panthers.
    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Frank Reich blames himself for putting Rivers and Brissett in a bad situation :dunno:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/frank-reich-takes-blame-for-play-calling-mistakes-that-hurt-philip-rivers-jacoby-brissett/ar-BB192uKu

Comment

• ChargingBolts
        Superbowl?
        • Sep 2018
        • Los Angeles/Chicago
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Too early to see if Rivers has really lost it. I'll reserve judgement until after at least game 4. We've seen Rivers start the year poorly only to rip 10 wins in a row...
        363 yds & 89% rating with 52 new teammates. I feel the chemistry & stats only get better and better as the year progresses.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
          Superbowl?
          • Sep 2018
          • Los Angeles/Chicago
          • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post

If that's the case, why did a Rivers led Colts team with a much better O-line score only 4 more points than we did on Sunday and at the same time lose their game?

The Jags were also rated/predicted to be the worst team in the league to start the season so it definitely isn't about the strength of their opponent. Those freebie points from turnovers helped push the Jags over the hump.
          Pile on Rivers and ignore NFL history lol

Mishew no joke 19 of 20 142% rating

Comment

• Maniaque 6
            French Speaking Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Québec city
            • Send PM

There's people who Don't care about Rivers results.
            If he succede, it would be good. He deserves it.
            If he fails, it's not bad to get retirement with a 25M bonus.
            The Chargers prefer to have that 25M right now.
            I agree with that decision.

Comment

• FoutsFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Birmingham AL
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

Pile on Rivers and ignore NFL history lol

Mishew no joke 19 of 20 142% rating
              It was Rivers failures that led to Mishew having such a big day don't you know. The Colts lack of defense had nothing to do with it.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                Superbowl?
                • Sep 2018
                • Los Angeles/Chicago
                • Send PM

Why don't I see everyone piling on Brady? 239 yds 2 ints 78% rating and those yds came in garbage time helping his rating with only 7 minutes left he was down 17 points had 157 yds & a 58% rating.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  BetterToday ThanYesterday
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Vikings secondary looks awful. And their best pass rusher likely won't play. And the NT they signed to replace Joseph opted out due to Covid. Zimmer is a great defensive mind and may make the necessary corrections because I am sure he is embarrassed right now. But the table is set for Philsy McRiverton.

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    BetterToday ThanYesterday
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
                    Why don't I see everyone piling on Brady? 239 yds 2 ints 78% rating and those yds came in garbage time helping his rating with only 7 minutes left he was down 17 points had 157 yds & a 58% rating.
                    I was happy to see it! Brady looked very much like last season's Brady. Only without the benefit of all the cheating and such.

Very, very glad he turned down our team and went to Tampa.

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post
                      Tyrod will never be able to make throws Rivers can make. You and I know that. But Tyrod wont make critical errors as much as Rivers does. You and I know that.

Yes It's a team game.
                      Yes All plays count.
                      Yes All things that happened during game can be factored into final result.
                      I just think its a QB driven league.
                      And I agree with HCs like Lynn and Vrabel that Turnovers are the biggest factor in winning and losing. Rivers turned it over. Tyrod did not.

I've always bet on the turnovers as the main deciding factor in the game regardless of who QB is.

Point the finger wherever you like. But don't fault me for pointing it at QB who lead his team to only 3pts in second half and telegraph an interception late in 4th quarter. I won't analyze it away even in the ultimate team game. I will put it on the starting QB.

Lets pick this up again next week when Tyrod probably gets destroyed by Cheifs and Rivers.....well I don't know if he will play well vs Vikings. I think Zimmer knows how to defend a River's lead offense.

So let try week 3 when Rivers should light up the Jets in a blowout win and Tyrod hopefully game managers a win over Panthers.
                      Nobody is saying that you should "analyze it away" when it comes to Rivers' INTs. I specifically stated that when you look at the expected starting field position following a punt instead of each INT and look at the expected points from that starting field position compared to the expected points from the field position the Jags actually had, you will see that each INT produced about 3 expected points for the Jags. That 6 points is Rivers' fault and I have acknowledged that at every turn.

The other 4 points that the Colts ended up giving up is on the defense, who failed in part to do their job as part of their overall miserable game in pass defense.

The other issue is that Rivers' offensive teammates, coaches and special teams made key mistakes that were not Rivers' fault that took lots of points off of the board. In other words, Rivers got his job done in those instances, but his teammates/coaches left 9-17 points on the field.

Again, even with the INTs considered, Rivers thoroughly outplayed Taylor, so one needs to look to other explanations as to why the QB that played better was on the losing side and the QB that played worse was on the winning side.

The obvious reason, of course, is the difference in defensive performance. The Colts defense gave up 27 points and generated zero turnovers. Our defense gave up 13 points and generated two turnovers.

If you are waiting for Taylor to have a better season than Rivers, you will be waiting a long time. Rivers being worth $25M can be the subject of legitimate discussion. Rivers being better than Taylor is not something subject to reasonable dispute.

Comment

• Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post

If that's the case, why did a Rivers led Colts team with a much better O-line score only 4 more points than we did on Sunday and at the same time lose their game?

The Jags were also rated/predicted to be the worst team in the league to start the season so it definitely isn't about the strength of their opponent. Those freebie points from turnovers helped push the Jags over the hump.
                        Football is team game. The Colts missed a 30 yard FG attempt; Reich decided to call a running play on 4th and 1 at the JAC 3 that they failed to pick up; and Hilton dropped the 4th down pass from Rivers with 48 seconds left that would have given the Colts a first down in the red zone. That is 9-17 lost points right there that were not Rivers' fault.

That coupled with the Colts pass defense allowing 95% of Minshew's passes to be completed for 3 TDs combined to cause the Colts to lose. Even with the two INTs factored into the analysis, Rivers had a game passer rating of 88.7, which is in the range of a league average game. Even though Rivers has been much better than a league average QB over the course of his career and this was a subpar game for him, I submit that blaming a player that played a roughly league average game for his team's loss when his team's pass defense played an awful game is really not placing the blame where it truly belongs.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                          Outback Goon
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Australia
                          • Send PM

never heard anyone say Talyor is better than Rivers

have seen with my own eyes both Taylor and Rivers make awful decisions, the difference is Rivers decision leads to INT, Taylor decision leads to out of bounds incomplete.

Comment

Working...
                          X