• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Caslon
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Send PM

A coaching staff headed by a very very good HC could possibly do something with Tyrod Taylor at QB this year. TT's abilities last year under Lynn pretty much cemented in my mind that TT is a competent okay backup, and that's about it. (under this regime, no matter what OL). If Lynn had been replaced, I would be looking forward to whoever making TT a threat. That's over with.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I don't think Brady is special anymore. Skills erode and he is another year older into his 40's.
      QBs aren't Keith Richards lol.
      Brady doesn’t have to be special, just mature, accurate and make good decisions.
      JG has to be “special” for Lynch to not even consider making a switch, and he isn’t
      the absolute safe thing to do is stick with JG and I believe they will, but they risk their immediate window while JG develops

and yes, qbs age more like axl rose
      ha
      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

the Bay Area fans I talk to here.... are not keen on taking in Brady.... (loud/unchecked laughs when brought up)
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Originally posted by Charge! View Post
          its obvious that Chargers over spent for tyrod taylor because Lynn wanted to eventually make him our starter......... they knew they were not extending Rivers when they signed Taylor...... Rivers is an iron man ....there was no need to spend that kind of money for his backup......

this coming season is going to suck so bad we will wish we were back in 2019 again...... last year we were a bad team that at least was entertaining..... this coming season we will be terrible and worst of all boring........
          If it is bad, it needs to be really bad. That way, we will be set up to draft Trevor Lawrence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Burrow is not on trading block.... CIN is not trying to move him but they will get multiple blockbuster offers for him....... Herbert impressed CIN coaches at senior bowl week, so a trade is very possible.... with many teams trying to get him.....

in 2021, there will only likely be one QB worthy of a first round pick and he will go number one overall and he clearly is nowhere as good as burrow or tua,,,, ....... very hard to trade up to #1 unless you are already in top 5-10 picks....... or have many picks like dolphins do..... The idea of trading up for a QB does not just happen because you want to, it can only happen if the circumstances are conducive for that to happen.... this year, we draft at 6 so we are in the conversation..... next year we will draft in late teens, so a trade up will be very difficult and expensive...... but the quality is not as good as this year.......

Is there a mahomes in this draft? is there one in next years's draft?....if there is one, he will go number one....... remember though that mahomes would not have been great on every team...... he needed to be playing on a team loaded with blazing speed and an aggressive score as many points as possible HC like Reid...... or maybe payton in NO....... he would have gotten killed as a charger.....
            Lawrence is one of the best QB prospects in the history of the NFL. While nothing is guaranteed, it is much more likely than not that Lawrence will be better than both Burrow and Tua.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

We can always target who we predict will pick 1 overall next draft and trade them for it.
              say you think the redskins will have the worst record in 2020, offer them our first this year and a player.
              Its a gamble but worth it all if we can land TL
              hell, if we’re able to sign Bosa long term this offseason, I’d feel comfortable if Lynn got the green light by baby Spanos to go winless in 2020
              G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Caslon
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2019
                • Send PM

Look up TT's history. His starts (what starts?), his stats (backup stats). I sorta do hope they pass on a lesser QB in the draft and build around Taylor and win 6 games next season until a better QB comes along, either by the 2021 draft or free agency. No retreads about to be put out to pasture, please.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Lawrence is one of the best QB prospects in the history of the NFL. While nothing is guaranteed, it is much more likely than not that Lawrence will be better than both Burrow and Tua.
                  While I like Lawrence, I don't know about that. Wouldn't say he will be better than Burrow or will be. Is he in that group or best coming out? Sure and still will get better but Burrow outplayed him in that bowl game.

That said I'd draft him early if we could and still need a QB.

Comment

• Sb4Rivers
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

TT has to make an effort to go after Joe Burrow or the team will lose even more faith after parting with Rivers. We all know Spani and TT history have not shown they are doing everything to win now.

or WR/TE/RB are in a great position for a guy Like Burrow to succeed. Giants gave up a lot of picks and won 2x Super Bowl.
                    HH has to be paid, Eckler is the Starter, we are set on #1 & #2 WR.
                    if Chargers truly have money to spend in FA, fill the Holes for next two years.

what will it cost 2 -#1 picks, 2-#2 pick and some lower picks.

Burrow is the only Potential Franchise QB I see in this draft and next years draft.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

The Chargers aren't trading up for Burrows and even if they wanted to do it the Bengals aren't trading out of the number one draft position.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                        A coaching staff headed by a very very good HC could possibly do something with Tyrod Taylor at QB this year. TT's abilities last year under Lynn pretty much cemented in my mind that TT is a competent okay backup, and that's about it. (under this regime, no matter what OL). If Lynn had been replaced, I would be looking forward to whoever making TT a threat. That's over with.
                        Cas, we've been reserving the TT nickname for Tom Telesco. Taylor's nicknames are T-Mobile and Tie-Rod...

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Sb4Rivers View Post

TT has to make an effort to go after Joe Burrow or the team will lose even more faith after parting with Rivers. We all know Spani and TT history have not shown they are doing everything to win now.

or WR/TE/RB are in a great position for a guy Like Burrow to succeed. Giants gave up a lot of picks and won 2x Super Bowl.
                          HH has to be paid, Eckler is the Starter, we are set on #1 & #2 WR.
                          if Chargers truly have money to spend in FA, fill the Holes for next two years.

what will it cost 2 -#1 picks, 2-#2 pick and some lower picks.

Burrow is the only Potential Franchise QB I see in this draft and next years draft.
                          The last time we gave up a huge haul of picks for a #1 overall was for Leaf...sorry, not worth it, especially with all the holes we have to fill, this year and next...

Comment

Working...
                          X