• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Sb4Rivers View Post
    Andy Reid Will eat Lynn for Breakfast until they fire him.
    Deano had a chance to hire Andy Reid in 2013. Deano chose Mike McCoy.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      TT is like a lot of the idiots in Washington (both parties) these days.

He believes in an ideology. He is a best player available guy and it has worked reasonably well for the most part, with the exception of the OL. That is (probably) going to cook his goose.

Ideology is fine to a point, but when you get wed to it, you do stupid things.
      Good metaphor for the current political climates. Facts and Compromise over Ideology and Rigid Belief Systems.

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Good metaphor for the current political climates. Facts and Compromise over Ideology and Rigid Belief Systems.
        I would prefer it if I was talking about another team, :banghead:

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          TT is like a lot of the idiots in Washington (both parties) these days.

He believes in an ideology. He is a best player available guy and it has worked reasonably well for the most part, with the exception of the OL. That is (probably) going to cook his goose.

Ideology is fine to a point, but when you get wed to it, you do stupid things.
          Another part of TT's ideology is to not trade draft picks for established vets...even though I don't favor trading away picks all that often, it IS a tool in the tool chest TT has consistently ignored...and the team has suffered as a result...even though the Niners just lost the SB, does anyone doubt they'd even BE there unless they traded away that round 2 pick to the Cheatriots for Jimmy G? In retrospect, I think that deal worked out quite well for SF...

Comment

• captaind
            Cook This Pork Chops
            • Jun 2013
            • Mars
            • Ball Holder
            • Send PM

I hate the fact I cannot locate the article with partial transcript. I don't like to talk about it, as the facts of the case of that game are brutal.

Marty and AJ were not on speaking terms at that point at all. They sat on opposite sides of the Indy Dome at the combine in 2006.
            I remember it.

Still think Marty is a HOF coach. There was no one better in turning around teams in the eternal sewer. Super Bowl wins are emphasized over changing the culture of an entire organization, which only a handful of people have the talent to pull off. I find it laughable that Dungy and now Cowher are in the HOF. They didn’t do shit in comparison.

That said, Marty’s weakness was obviously strategizing in the playoffs against equally better teams. It just wasn’t his forte. But that doesn’t make him any less of a rare talent. His achievements are unparalleled.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Another part of TT's ideology is to not trade draft picks for established vets...even though I don't favor trading away picks all that often, it IS a tool in the tool chest TT has consistently ignored...and the team has suffered as a result...even though the Niners just lost the SB, does anyone doubt they'd even BE there unless they traded away that round 2 pick to the Cheatriots? In retrospect, I think that deal worked out quite well for SF...
              Laremy Tunsil……..

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Deano had a chance to hire Andy Reid in 2013. Deano chose Mike McCoy.
                That's why Deano and Baby are like the Two Spani Stooges...

Comment

• captaind
                  Cook This Pork Chops
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Mars
                  • Ball Holder
                  • Send PM

So Tyrod Taylor will be the starter for the LA Chargers In their brand new stadium, under newly-extended head coach Anthony Lynn, who couldn’t win a single game against a division opponent last year, and whose team looked sloppy and undisciplined for much of the season.

Somebody talk me off this ledge.

Comment

• SDBORN
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Another part of TT's ideology is to not trade...
                    Fixed it for ya lol

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
                      So Tyrod Taylor will be the starter for the LA Chargers In their brand new stadium, under newly-extended head coach Anthony Lynn, who couldn’t win a single game against a division opponent last year, and whose team looked sloppy and undisciplined for much of the season.

News, Opinions, Updates, Information and Analysis of The NFL Draft.

This was published yesterday.

QB draft talk … Not sure if in the end it will change anything, but there have been some interesting public statements by and about the top QB prospects for the 2020 draft. LSU’s Joe Burrow, the presumptive #1 pick at this year’s draft, for example, was quoted on the Dan Patrick radio program yesterday that he wanted “to go to a great organization that’s committed to winning Super Bowls.” While he didn’t name names, most observers took it as a not so subtle dig at Cincinnati, which holds the top pick and are expected to select the former LSU star. Burrow’s comments come just days after former Bengals’ QB Carson Palmer said that he left that organization because he didn’t feel they were committed to trying to win a championship. And it wasn’t lost on people that Burrow is currently training with Palmer’s brother Jordan in preparation for the draft. Of course, Burrow doesn’t have much leverage short of sitting out the year if he were to be selected by Cincinnati and genuinely didn’t want to play there, but it is something that could give the Bengals some pause as you’d really like the guy you choose to be the face of your organization to sort of want to be there. Not to pile on, but Leigh Steinberg, the agent for Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa, the presumptive second QB to be selected this coming April, was also quoted this week saying his client also really didn’t want to go to Cincinnati.

It is NOT a lock that Burrow is a Bengal.

Bears watching.

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Ok I'll Bite...They're plan is to screw up badly for the next three seasons and draft top five and do what the 49ers did on the cheap. Hope this helps. :>)
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Apparently, Loyal Lynn is going to roll with his Buffalo Buddy, Tyrod to the end of Lynn's extended contract...

Comment

Working...
                          X