• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Marty snapped on the sidelines during the playoff loss to the Patriots. Marty was calling on headset for someone to calm him down on the sidelines. He wasn't kidding. Cam Cameron went to him and tried to calm him down. Then came, 4th and 11, he gets into a shouting match with Cam Cameron who told Marty, 'fuck that, we're punting.'

NFL Films had Marty wired for that playoff game, did you know that? They never released it. I once saw a brief snippet on an author who heard the tape. It was worse than I describe it. It can be argued it was a panic attack and it was the last game Marty ever coached. I've shared this story before on the NFL Forum with a link to the article. Painful truth, but there it is.

I love Coach Schottenheimer. But a 5–13 career playoff record is what it is.
    Did not know that. Would be out of character if true.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Did not know that. Would be out of character if true.
      I hate the fact I cannot locate the article with partial transcript. I don't like to talk about it, as the facts of the case of that game are brutal.

Marty and AJ were not on speaking terms at that point at all. They sat on opposite sides of the Indy Dome at the combine in 2006.

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

It seems that almost everyone has forgotten the 12-4 season under Lynn. Due to that season I think he deserves another chance. I've mentioned this before - Belichick was fired by the Browns after a couple of years. I don't know if AL will become a good HC or just become one more guy that couldn't handle the job but it doesn't bother me to see him get extended.

Also, I don't think losing PR insures a bad season. They'll have a lot of cap space so they could improved some of our weak areas substantially and turn into a running/defensive team as the Niners have. Under that scenario they could win with an average QB. Maybe even with a rookie named Herbert. Make the new QB be a so called game manager and trust the D and the RBs'.

Don't give up on the team before the season ever starts. Put away your panic buttons children. You may have 61 more years to wait for them to win the big one - like I have.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

This Lynn extension is smelling kind of like the MM extension...even though it was for one more year, it was after a losing season and firing some assistant coaches...McCoy was fired a year after his extension...same old Chargers...

image.png

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...diego-chargers

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Lynn got his way to not have Rivers back........ so it will be interesting to see who a career RB coach wants at QB?....

Lynn will never coach chargers to a championship..... his teams lack discipline....... undisciplined teams will never win a championship......

Shows how bad chargers organization is that the first thing they choose to do is extend a bad undisciplined HC.......... priorities are messed up......
            Not only lack of discipline, but Lynn's game planning and play calling are in the stone age, when compared with other modern offenses...

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

GM loves him. Makes a difference I suppose.

can only hope for the best as always
              There really is no other option right now. Telesco is now bound to the hip with Lynn: they either sink or swim together.

They seem to work together smoothly; although they'll probably soon nestle with the halibut at the ocean bottom.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                It seems that almost everyone has forgotten the 12-4 season under Lynn. Due to that season I think he deserves another chance. I've mentioned this before - Belichick was fired by the Browns after a couple of years. I don't know if AL will become a good HC or just become one more guy that couldn't handle the job but it doesn't bother me to see him get extended.

Also, I don't think losing PR insures a bad season. They'll have a lot of cap space so they could improved some of our weak areas substantially and turn into a running/defensive team as the Niners have. Under that scenario they could win with an average QB. Maybe even with a rookie named Herbert. Make the new QB be a so called game manager and trust the D and the RBs'.

Don't give up on the team before the season ever starts. Put away your panic buttons children. You may have 61 more years to wait for them to win the big one - like I have.
                Let them speak.
                The internet is forever.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

The Chargers shall not flounder.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Now that Lynn has been extended,
                    the next order of business is...
                    QB coach ? (Tied to QB decision...is it Tyrod ?)
                    Oline coach ? (Is it Hiestand?)

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Marty snapped on the sidelines during the playoff loss to the Patriots. Marty was calling on headset for someone to calm him down on the sidelines. He wasn't kidding. Cam Cameron went to him and tried to calm him down. Then came, 4th and 11, he gets into a shouting match with Cam Cameron who told Marty, 'fuck that, we're punting.'

NFL Films had Marty wired for that playoff game, did you know that? They never released it. I once saw a brief snippet on an author who heard the tape. It was worse than I describe it. It can be argued it was a panic attack and it was the last game Marty ever coached. I've shared this story before on the NFL Forum with a link to the article. Painful truth, but there it is.

I love Coach Schottenheimer. But a 5–13 career playoff record is what it is.
                      The 4rth and 11 in the first half? They ended up going for it. There was no other situation in the game where they would possibly consider going for it (i've seen the game 10 - 20 times). From what i heard, Marty went up to Nate Kaeding and asked Kaeding if he could make the 48 yard field goal and Kaeding said "i don't know". Marty then decided to go for it.

The bit about Cam Cameron over ruling Marty and deciding to punt sounds fictitious - it wasn't Cameron's decision, nor did they punt on that occasion.
                      Coaches get into shouting matches quite often, that's not unusual.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

I hate the fact I cannot locate the article with partial transcript. I don't like to talk about it, as the facts of the case of that game are brutal.

Marty and AJ were not on speaking terms at that point at all. They sat on opposite sides of the Indy Dome at the combine in 2006.
                        AJ wouldn't talk to Marty. Marty tried to communicate with the guy, but probably gave up after time.

AJ Smith blamed Marty Schottenheimer for something that happened during the 2003/2004 season. He suspected Marty was releasing information to other teams
                        so that the Chargers would go in a certain direction in the draft/free agency.

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Lynn is a great coach and leader.
                          Imo, he should be here until he retires.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

Working...
                          X