• Send PM

I'm rolling with Derwin

Comment

• jubei
      Vagabond Ninja
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Apparently, Loyal Lynn is going to roll with his Buffalo Buddy, Tyrod to the end of Lynn's extended contract...
      which might just as well be another year...might as well left him a lame duck hc.

kills me that they didnt hire reid. at least he won lotsa games. and today he won the biggest game. i dont even think he received an interview with the chargers. SMH!

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I'm rolling with Derwin
        I get rolling with Derwin, but WTF???? Who could possibly think this was a good idea? And clips with Gordon and Rivers in it? The comments on that tweet are just shredding the team. Never has one family been so utterly tone deaf and clueless about how to connect with their fan base.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

which might just as well be another year...might as well left him a lame duck hc.

kills me that they didnt hire reid. at least he won lotsa games. and today he won the biggest game. i dont even think he received an interview with the chargers. SMH!
          Mahomes was the missing piece. I'd hate to think what the chargers might have become if we had drafted him instead. oh well....
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Mahomes was the missing piece. I'd hate to think what the chargers might have become if we had drafted him instead. oh well....
            It takes talent, coaching, health and some luck to win the Super Bowl. Reid has been a good coach for a long time and now has Mahomes and knows how to use his speed on offense. All of that together finally got him over the hump.

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

It takes talent, coaching, health and some luck to win the Super Bowl. Reid has been a good coach for a long time and now has Mahomes and knows how to use his speed on offense. All of that together finally got him over the hump.
              Mahomes would have made Lynn look competent in any given season. He would have been bailing out the coaching staff with improvisation all season. It's like waking up one morning and realizing you we're gifted Secretariat on the race track. Lots of opportunites to win races and add to your fame.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Mahomes would have made Lynn look competent in any given season. He would have been bailing out the coaching staff with improvisation all season. It's like waking up one morning and realizing you we're gifted Secretariat on the race track. Lots of opportunites to win races and add to your fame.
                Maybe Lynn is hoping Tyrod is a poor man's Mahomes...

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Lynn Speaking to Tyrod..."I want you to watch all the film on Mahomes...and give me at least Half." LOL!

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

It REALLY scares me that Lynn might actually think this is true. Taylor is the absolute anti-Mahomes. If his first read isn't wide open he just won't pass and will either run or get sacked.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

It REALLY scares me that Lynn might actually think this is true. Taylor is the absolute anti-Mahomes. If his first read isn't wide open he just won't pass and will either run or get sacked.
                      Maybe Loyal Lynn thinks he can coach Tyrod up in the off season to up his game so he'll actually be able to check down to his SECOND read...before he gets sacked...

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Maybe Loyal Lynn thinks he can coach Tyrod up in the off season to up his game so he'll actually be able to check down to his SECOND read...before he gets sacked...
                        I believe that Coach Lynn believes T-Mobile can 1) be a leader on the field, and 2) get the ball out quickly his playmakers. IF the offense is dead, T-Mobile moves the chains with his feet. Imagine a QB that can rollout of the pocket in the endzone.

Look at the offense Shane Steichen put in against Green Bay, it was a rhythm passing game, with Philip not allowed to improvise and call audibles based on Philip's first read.

From a talent standpoint, we need our own Deebo Samuels in the 3rd WR slot. Dude set a Super Bowl record for rushing yards by a WR. Hunter Henry is also offered a multi-year deal. He stays.

Comment

• DontEverGiveUp
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

I don't see how you could realistically predict that Mahomes would have made up for our team and coach's shortcomings. He's played 2 seasons in a system that made Alex Smith look like an MVP. Our offensive rosters are on the complete opposite ends of the speedometer too.

But hey, it's easier to just pretend that QB determines everything.

Comment

Working...
                          X