• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

I don't know, Rivers said that in 2017, but after 3 years and 30 "road" games at "home" could of taken it's toll especially following the 2019 season seeing a 5-11 team move into a bigger stadium could mean even more road fans, Rivers got the heck out of CA fast not knowing if they would negotiate or tag him, I feel like Rivers wanted out.
    i'm expecting the PowderBlue ratio increases next year. The 10k - 15k folks flying out to LAC games were plunking down up towards $2k to stay for the weekend. the $200 ticket price was insignificant in this equation. Its gonna be harder for brokers to find 40k people that will spend $1500 for an LAC weekend than it was to find 10k that would spend $1700. and when tickets drop back down under $100, locals may buy more. Sure - the 7+M people in LA greater don't give a fuck about LAC - but maybe 50k are sufficiently interested in NFL in general and there has to be 5k fans there by now .

its just a theory until tested. the exact opposite would be another theory.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

If it’s so hard he could have chose to not re-sign
      twice
      I was referring to the head coach Lynn. Lynn didn't want Rivers as his qb.

Comment

• Budsman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Game tape.
        Of the chargers brass leaving rivers out to dry with a scout team oline?

Comment

• ChargingBolts
          Superbowl?
          • Sep 2018
          • Los Angeles/Chicago
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

i'm expecting the PowderBlue ratio increases next year. The 10k - 15k folks flying out to LAC games were plunking down up towards $2k to stay for the weekend. the $200 ticket price was insignificant in this equation. Its gonna be harder for brokers to find 40k people that will spend $1500 for an LAC weekend than it was to find 10k that would spend $1700. and when tickets drop back down under $100, locals may buy more. Sure - the 7+M people in LA greater don't give a fuck about LAC - but maybe 50k are sufficiently interested in NFL in general and there has to be 5k fans there by now .

its just a theory until tested. the exact opposite would be another theory.
          Well there were appx 35k Chargers fans at the Coliseum with 35k Rams fans but that was cheap tickets for 1 game vs. 8 games per year that are going to be higher.

I doubt all the visiting fans flew in, L.A. is a transient city with people living here from all over being fans of all others.

The Raiders on the other hand will not only have transient other fans to deal with but it's a lot cheaper to go to Vegas for the weekend than it is L.A. so I feel the Raiders will be invaded nearly every game.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

The Raiders on the other hand will not only have transient other fans to deal with but it's a lot cheaper to go to Vegas for the weekend than it is L.A. so I feel the Raiders will be invaded nearly every game.
            even if this turns out to be wrong, it feels right cosmically.

Comment

• SYB
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Well there were appx 35k Chargers fans at the Coliseum with 35k Rams fans but that was cheap tickets for 1 game vs. 8 games per year that are going to be higher.

I doubt all the visiting fans flew in, L.A. is a transient city with people living here from all over being fans of all others.

I live in Vegas and expect it to be really bad. There's a fair amount of Raiduh fans out here, but not nearly enough to fill a stadium. And this is way more of a transient city than any in CA, and also a city that has never had a team, not even a decent college one, so what locals there are, have chosen a team to follow. I'm sure some will drop their allegiances for the local team, but I don't see it being enough to gain the numbers advantage on any given week. Who really knows though... LA and SD are really close, and the Raiduhs had no problem nearly filling up Qualcomm on their own.

Comment

• Sb4Rivers
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2019
                • Send PM

It will soon come out, Rivers had a thumb issue and played through it. Just had surgery and will be ready for this season. It worked for Brees. Dr Andrews is 60 miles away. TT will be eating his words next year.

Brees will make PO, I also think Rivers will to. Chargers will be looking for a top 3 pick 2021.
                Last edited by Sb4Rivers; 03-07-2020, 06:45 AM.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Sb4Rivers View Post
                  It will soon come out, Rivers had a thumb issue and played through it. Just had surgery and will be ready for this season. It worked for Brees. Dr Andrews is 60 miles away. TT will be eating his words next year.

Brees will Jake PO, I also think Rivers will to. Chargers will be looking for a top 3 pick 2021.
                  Where did you get this info?
                  Mindless speculation?
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• SDBORN
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Where did you get this info?
                    Mindless speculation?
                    Regardless of where all that is coming from, none of it will change Rivers' poor reads and decision making at critical times either way.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

His thumb?? His fucking thumb made him throw stupid game-losing passes? Now I’ve heard everything lol.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                        French Speaking Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Québec city
                        • Send PM

Thumb issue ? Which one ?
                        It looked like he had five on the right hand last year.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                          His thumb?? His fucking thumb made him throw stupid game-losing passes? Now I’ve heard everything lol.
                          I think it was more desperation and frustration with a losing season. No offensive line means no run game means sir pass a lot means interceptions.
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X