• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Rivers is literally one of the best QBs at bein able to step up in the pocket to make the pass and we all damn well know it.Bonehead tommyjohn couldn't give Rivers a pocket to step into and it all went south.Their complete lack of ability to draft or buy a competent nfl caliber o line or at least the front three wasted our HOF QBs talent.Every single one of my very knowledgeable football watchin friends (most not Bolt fans and honestly didnt even like Rivers) agree the Chargers "brass" is why we wont win a Lombardi anytime soon.Faaaaacts.
    Lombardi....What's that? If it's not a wheelbarrow full of cash or a huge savings to load a wheelbarrow they aren't interested. Just have some mucks run the show until they can unload the team to someone else for big payday.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• PR#1
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Midwestbolt View Post

Just having a little fun, tongue in cheek, cuz your post made me chuckle. :cheers:
      Someone got schooled ! :rofl:

Comment

• Boltgang74
        We Are The Storm!
        • Aug 2018
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Lombardi....What's that? If it's not a wheelbarrow full of cash or a huge savings to load a wheelbarrow they aren't interested. Just have some mucks run the show until they can unload the team to someone else for big payday.
        Exactly!

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Just having a little fun, tongue in cheek, cuz your post made me chuckle. :cheers:
          Instead of spinning it. And defending Rivers.
          And making fun of the post.
          Maybe Just give some thoughtful answers.

Of course DC know which QBs are statue like Eli and Rivers....so they can pin ears back.

Rivers game did and does have flaws.

Maybe I could get a better discussion if I added in what Rivers is great at. That way PR defenders would not spin it out of control.

Rivers has a great football IQ.
          Tough
          Competitive.
          Leader.
          Accurate.
          Great pocket presence.
          Willing to stand in a collapsing pocket with eyes downfield and make big time throws.
          Never gives up.
          Never makes excuses.
          He won a lot of games.
          Played at a league MVP level 5 different seasons 2008, 2009, 2010, 2013 & 2018.

Now....doesnt a little more mobility. Like Elway had....doesnt that help extend drives and win an extra game here and there.

Or an ability to QB sneak for a 1st down or TD like Brady does...doesnt that help win a game here or there.

Doesn't finding a way to limit the number of interceptions... Like Rogers does. Just find a way to keep that number in single digits of 9 or less for a season... Wouldnt that help win another game.

10 years in a row. No AFC West titles.
          I think ultimately that is why Telesco parted ways.
          Who has it better than us?

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Because Tom Telesco is such a great GM, right?

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

Doesn't a respectable o line go a long way?How about receivers that dont catch the dropsies too often?Or how about a real,seasoned,Expensive coach and Expensive coordinator to make everything run correctly?

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Because Tom Telesco is such a great GM, right?
                We shall see.....how he does after Rivers.

He wasn't good with him at QB.
                7 years
                53-59 record.

If it gets worse Telesco will get fired.
                If he turns it around post Rivers......with a new QB he will get a contract extension.

Both Lynn & TT job is on the line next year or two.

Comment

• Midwestbolt
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Midwest
                  • Local 150 operating engineer.
                  • Send PM

Of course DC know which QBs are statue like Eli and Rivers....so they can pin ears back.

Maybe I could get a better discussion if I added in what Rivers is great at. That way PR defenders would not spin it out of control.

Tough
                  Competitive.
                  Leader.
                  Accurate.
                  Great pocket presence.
                  Willing to stand in a collapsing pocket with eyes downfield and make big time throws.
                  Never gives up.
                  Never makes excuses.
                  He won a lot of games.

Now....doesnt a little more mobility. Like Elway had....doesnt that help extend drives and win an extra game here and there.

Or an ability to QB sneak for a 1st down or TD like Brady does...doesnt that help win a game here or there.

Doesn't finding a way to limit the number of interceptions... Like Rogers does. Just find a way to keep that number in single digits of 9 or less for a season... Wouldnt that help win another game.

Dude, I wasn't spinning anything. Or "defending" Rivers. Just razzing.

Some of the stuff in that post was kinda silly, I couldn't help myself.

I mean, the only way to pass block for a QB like Rivers is max protect? Defenses know where PR's "spot" is, so that somehow cripples him as a passer?

Come on, Man.

Rivers game has some flaws, but those aren't it. If anything, I'd say it's throwing the ball to the other team.

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Dude, I wasn't spinning anything. Or "defending" Rivers. Just razzing.

Some of the stuff in that post was kinda silly, I couldn't help myself.

I mean, the only way to pass block for a QB like Rivers is max protect? Defenses know where PR's "spot" is, so that somehow cripples him as a passer?

Come on, Man.

Rivers game has some flaws, but those aren't it. If anything, I'd say it's throwing the ball to the other team.
                    What do you mean crippled him as a passer.

It doesn't do anything to Rivers. He just plays his game.

but it does limit some play calls and put pressure on o line....when they are having a difficult time with the opponents pass rush....they can't move the pocket, they can't rollout, sprint out or bootleg.

With the Chargers having moved on from quarterback Philip Rivers, coach Anthony Lynn told AM 570 LA Sports that Tyrod Taylor, last season's backup, could earn the job as the starter in 2020.

Comment

• Midwestbolt
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Midwest
                      • Local 150 operating engineer.
                      • Send PM

What do you mean crippled him as a passer.

It doesn't do anything to Rivers. He just plays his game.

but it does limit some play calls and put pressure on o line....when they are having a difficult time with the opponents pass rush....they can't move the pocket, they can't rollout, sprint out or bootleg.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...hony-lynn-says

My bad. I thought you mentioned defenses just pinned their ears back and get after QB's like PR, because he cant move well. So, you meant it more like, since defenses have that advantage, it helps less mobile QB's, not hurts them in the passing game.

Anyway, I'd argue PR can move in the pocket. Actually pretty well, but he needs depth in the pocket. He's not a rollout/side to side guy.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by RyanLeaf4President View Post

This. Colts lost 6 of 9 games by one score. Brisset put up mediocre numbers. Not hard to imagine that if they had Rivers behind a good Oline playing like he did in 18, that they wouldn’t be able to take that division.

they could even offer Ekeler $ that Chargers couldn’t afford and sign FA to fill whatever holes they have.
                        They could sign Hunter Henry as well - wouldn't that be a total suckfest.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Tough
                          Competitive.
                          Leader.
                          Accurate.
                          Great pocket presence.
                          Never gives up.
                          Never makes excuses.
                          He won a lot of games.

I think you emphasize the QB sneak too much. When does anybody ever say about a QB....."man he does a great QB sneak"?
                          We didn't need a QB sneak with LT. He had 140 something TDs.

But hey, we'll see how you...and everybody likes Tyrod with his mobilty and vastly less talent at QB.

I'm not thrilled about him.

Comment

Working...
                          X