Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
      Anyone interested in Jacoby Brisset?
      I was hoping the Bolts would draft him when he came out, for just such an eventuality.
      Or will the Colts keep him just in case Rivers falls off a cliff, and they need another QB in 2021?
      Don't we already have our own Brisset in Taylor?

Comment

• MakoShark
        Disgruntled
        • Jun 2013
        • North Alabama
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I liked him too but he looks like a career backup at this point
        if he’s not making too much I expect him in that role in indy
        I have to disagree. I honestly think this is a bad move for the Colts. A 1 year rental on vet QB that will cost you the young QB that you could build around. I think Brisset walks. For the first half of last season Brisset was playing at a high level, 5-3 with all 3 losses within a score to the Bolts, Raiders and Steelers. For the first 8 games he had people saying Andrew Who? Then he got injured and TY Hilton got injured and all the had left was a strong running game. Their TE's are not pass catchers and none of the WR stepped up to fill Hiltons void. 3 of the 4 games in the losing streak that cost them the playoffs was to 3 playoff teams. I'd have kept the 28 year old and drafted him a new target or two.
        sigpic

Comment

• El_Tee
          I’m No Noob
          • Sep 2019
          • Disney World, FL
          • Send PM

I wish Rivers the best. Unless we play his new team, I hope he finds the success he couldn’t find here. No snark. Even if I don’t think all this failures stem from a lack of players and coaches around him. Plenty of QBs win a ring without a perfect team around them.

But I can’t eat any more shit about this all being on the Chargers. I just read that Rivers is moving his entire family to Indy. He’s all in.

Which is something he never was willing to do the past two years.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post

I have to disagree. I honestly think this is a bad move for the Colts. A 1 year rental on vet QB that will cost you the young QB that you could build around. I think Brisset walks. For the first half of last season Brisset was playing at a high level, 5-3 with all 3 losses within a score to the Bolts, Raiders and Steelers. For the first 8 games he had people saying Andrew Who? Then he got injured and TY Hilton got injured and all the had left was a strong running game. Their TE's are not pass catchers and none of the WR stepped up to fill Hiltons void. 3 of the 4 games in the losing streak that cost them the playoffs was to 3 playoff teams. I'd have kept the 28 year old and drafted him a new target or two.
            It would seem to me that signing Rivers tells you what they think about Brisset. Clearly they do not feel he is the QB to build a team around or they'd have spent that $25 million they gave to Rivers filling other holes.

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

Originally posted by El_Tee View Post
              I wish Rivers the best. Unless we play his new team, I hope he finds the success he couldn’t find here. No snark. Even if I don’t think all this failures stem from a lack of players and coaches around him. Plenty of QBs win a ring without a perfect team around them.

But I can’t eat any more shit about this all being on the Chargers. I just read that Rivers is moving his entire family to Indy. He’s all in.

I dont blame Rivers for not wanting to raise his family down in L.A.He was Always all in on the field though,without a doubt.

Comment

• MakoShark
                Disgruntled
                • Jun 2013
                • North Alabama
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

It would seem to me that signing Rivers tells you what they think about Brisset. Clearly they do not feel he is the QB to build a team around or they'd have spent that $25 million they gave to Rivers filling other holes.
                Yes and no. They just went "all in" on a season that could be abbreviated. I just don't think its a good football move and if they were that sold on Rivers why only a 1 year deal? There's not even an option for a 2nd year.
                sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post

Yes and no. They just went "all in" on a season that could be abbreviated. I just don't think its a good football move and if they were that sold on Rivers why only a 1 year deal? There's not even an option for a 2nd year.
                  Offering him a one year deal is fine, given his age and his play last season, is a safe bet for them. It also just means they are punting acquiring the future QB down the road (or plan on drafting one this year and have them sit and watch Rivers for a year). If Rivers rebounds and plays well this year, they can always offer him another year or two.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by El_Tee View Post

Why should he have moved to LA? His family had roots down here, his kids were in school, his wife had started her charity and while not ideal, the commut didn't force him to uproot his family. Indy is different and obviously not a commute he could do from Florida.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Brisset is the new Brees? Can we trade for him lol?

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Brisset is the new Brees? Can we trade for him lol?
                        Thought you wanted a mobile QB blue.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Thought you wanted a mobile QB blue.
                          Trade for Mitchell ?
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...