• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Dan Patrick did not reference where he got his info.
    He just said it.

nfl, espn, pff

none of them have the Chargers ranked 30th or 31st.

So where did Dan get his info. Or as you just called them "some facts". Where can I find these facts?

29th ranked OL. 31st in pressures given up by OT duo (88 pressures).

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

It kind of feels like they didn't make any offer and just decided to go in a different direction.
      Chargeroo has stated on these pages that Rivers did not want to finalize an extension,
      after the 2018 season.

Fact.

opcorn:
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Dan Patrick did not reference where he got his info.
        He just said it.

nfl, espn, pff

none of them have the Chargers ranked 30th or 31st.

So where did Dan get his info. Or as you just called them "some facts". Where can I find these facts?
        It's "facts," alright..."scientific consensus" amongst the "Trenchers."
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• PR#1
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

29th ranked OL. 31st in pressures given up by OT duo (88 pressures).
          The Brees lovers will be in a hissy fit over this

Comment

• PR#1
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I have been rewatching dome Tyrod tape.
            He looks fine.
            Tyrod or Burrow or Stick or Herbert or Tua or whoever.
            It will be different.
            But it will be fine.
            I agree. Tyrod will be every bit as good with the Chargers as he was with Cleveland

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

If the defense knows the QB cannot move well....then can't they just pinned their ears back and get after the QB knowing that he will be in the same spot on a 5 or 7 step drop.

If the QB does not move well....then doesn't that hamstring the play caller somewhat. Cannot call plays that move the pocket and move the QB target the defense is pass rushing.

To slow down pass rush for a non mobile QB, the options are keep TE and RB in to pass block then there is only 2 out in the pattern vs move the pocket with a mobile QB and get 4 out in the pattern.

Does PFF account for moving the pocket and rollouts in terms of QB pressures where the play calls mitigate pressure by moving the QB target?

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Budsman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Chargeroo has stated on these pages that Rivers did not want to finalize an extension,
                after the 2018 season.

Fact.

opcorn:
                Rivers also said he wanted to play in the new stadium.

Fact.

:fight:

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                  Superbowl?
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Los Angeles/Chicago
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Midwestbolt View Post

Because, that will prove? I don't think the colts are just a QB away from a SB run or somethin....
                  I think the Colts have more money to spend than any team, so they can still add stars.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

If the defense knows the QB cannot move well....then can't they just pinned their ears back and get after the QB knowing that he will be in the same spot on a 5 or 7 step drop.

If the QB does not move well....then doesn't that hamstring the play caller somewhat. Cannot call plays that move the pocket and move the QB target the defense is pass rushing.

To slow down pass rush for a non mobile QB, the options are keep TE and RB in to pass block then there is only 2 out in the pattern vs move the pocket with a mobile QB and get 4 out in the pattern.

Does PFF account for moving the pocket and rollouts in terms of QB pressures where the play calls mitigate pressure by moving the QB target?

Rivers is literally one of the best QBs at bein able to step up in the pocket to make the pass and we all damn well know it.Bonehead tommyjohn couldn't give Rivers a pocket to step into and it all went south.Their complete lack of ability to draft or buy a competent nfl caliber o line or at least the front three wasted our HOF QBs talent.Every single one of my very knowledgeable football watchin friends (most not Bolt fans and honestly didnt even like Rivers) agree the Chargers "brass" is why we wont win a Lombardi anytime soon.Faaaaacts.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

after the 2018 season.

Fact.

opcorn:
                      Why wouldn't he? They were riding high after 2018, and heading into a new stadium

I'd have to see the proof before i believe that assertion.

Comment

• Midwestbolt
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Midwest
                        • Local 150 operating engineer.
                        • Send PM

It's a wonder #17 stayed in the league as a starter, let alone have an ironman streak or HOF career, if that's all there is to getting to the QB. Someone should clue in NFL DC's on that spot.

Crazy to think Rivers got 128 wins being so limited.

well, since there's 11 players on the field, I would imagine there would be more than 2 in the pattern in a 11 personnel look. But maybe my math is bad. You could be talking about 8 man protection tho - that puts 2 with a free release out in patterns. The only option these statues like PR have.

No, but I think ESPN has a metric they use that is supposed to.
                        Just having a little fun, tongue in cheek, cuz your post made me chuckle. :cheers:

Comment

• RyanLeaf4President
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

I think the Colts have more money to spend than any team, so they can still add stars.
                          This. Colts lost 6 of 9 games by one score. Brisset put up mediocre numbers. Not hard to imagine that if they had Rivers behind a good Oline playing like he did in 18, that they wouldn’t be able to take that division.

they could even offer Ekeler $ that Chargers couldn’t afford and sign FA to fill whatever holes they have.

Comment

Working...
                          X