• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • El_Tee
    I’m No Noob
    • Sep 2019
    • Disney World, FL
    • Send PM

We’re apparently forgetting that speedy WRs don’t matter when you’re always throwing a second too late and they have to slow down and back up to the football. And they better get used to looking to make sure they’re the target as soon as they’re triple-teamed when they’re 35 yards downfield on 3rd and 3.

Some of you can blast me, and some of you are glad someone actually went there.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
      French Speaking Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Québec city
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Hmm. Not sure why you are acting like he dont have weapons.

WR he has TY Hilton and now 2nd year player Parris Campbell. Two guys with speed. Zach Pascal had 41 catches last season and is going into his 3rd year.

TE he has Jack Doyle

RB he has Marlon Mack, Nyhiem Hines who is his Ekeler. Mack had 1091 yards with a 4.4 ave and missed a couple games so those two can can run. Mack put up 174 on us last season.

And best of all he has a MUCH better OL than he had here.

And all this is before the draft where of course they can add more.
      At WR, P. Campbell is a rookie. Only 18 rec last year and already 3 fum
      Z. Pascal is a practice squad guy. Released 3 times in 2 years
      At TE J. Doyle or HH ?
      At RB Ek seems to me more valuable than Mack on passing plays

If the Colts have a better record than the Chargers next year, they will need a fantastic year from Rivers, IMO.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by El_Tee View Post
        We’re apparently forgetting that speedy WRs don’t matter when you’re always throwing a second too late and they have to slow down and back up to the football. And they better get used to looking to make sure they’re the target as soon as they’re triple-teamed when they’re 35 yards downfield on 3rd and 3.

Some of you can blast me, and some of you are glad someone actually went there.
        Because having fast reciever's mean you are always throwing bombs?
        Fast WRs help in many different ways, a deep pass is just one
        Sorry , don't agree.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

At WR, P. Campbell is a rookie. Only 18 rec last year and already 3 fum
          Z. Pascal is a practice squad guy. Released 3 times in 2 years
          At TE J. Doyle or HH ?
          At RB Ek seems to me more valuable than Mack on passing plays

If the Colts have a better record than the Chargers next year, they will need a fantastic year from Rivers, IMO.
          You have no idea about any of those guys so making that assessment is short sighted. You dont expect Campbell to get better like MW did? Oh wait you dont even know who he is, so i guess you dont.

And how is Ekeler more valuable than Mack? Ek isnt a rushing workhorse. He hasn't even had 600 yards rushing. Mack had nearly 1100 in 14 games.
          Hines is Rivers new Ekeler.

There is also this thing called the NFL Draft coming soon. Pretty sure they will be getting another WR.

Again, you are blindly commenting .

Comment

• Maniaque 6
            • Jan 2019
            • Québec city
            • Send PM

You have no idea about any of those guys so making that assessment is short sighted. You dont expect Campbell to get better like MW did? Oh wait you dont even know who he is, so i guess you dont.

And how is Ekeler more valuable than Mack? Ek isnt a rushing workhorse. He hasn't even had 600 yards rushing. Mack had nearly 1100 in 14 games.
            Hines is Rivers new Ekeler.

There is also this thing called the NFL Draft coming soon. Pretty sure they will be getting another WR.

Again, you are blindly commenting .
            It's almost hilarious !
            Campbell is not my cousin...but I can read the numbers. If you think he's gonna be better than MW, you have the right to but based on what ? I don't buy it and I have the right too
            No word on Z. Pascal this time ? You agree with me ?
            I try to answer the question who will have the best record next year the best I can.
            I think the strength of the division maybe give a little advantage to IND.
            With all the moves the Chargers made, the advantage of the IND's OL is less obvious.
            At WR/TE, it is a no contest. Do you know Ebron is not there anymore ? Yes, I know this thing called NFL Draft. Is it possible the Chargers will be getting another WR too ?
            When I talked about Ekeler, it was on his passing play, almost 1000 yards. I don't see any RBs on Colts roster able to do that.
            Last word, Rivers will be something like 39 next December. His arm lost lot of strength.

Comment

• foreigner
              Tom Telesco is gone
              • Sep 2013
              • Send PM

I'll follow the Colts closely as well, cheering for Rivers, not the team. The guy has been my QB for 13 years, I'm not going to quit on him that easily.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

It's almost hilarious !
                Campbell is not my cousin...but I can read the numbers. If you think he's gonna be better than MW, you have the right to but based on what ? I don't buy it and I have the right too
                No word on Z. Pascal this time ? You agree with me ?
                I try to answer the question who will have the best record next year the best I can.
                I think the strength of the division maybe give a little advantage to IND.
                With all the moves the Chargers made, the advantage of the IND's OL is less obvious.
                At WR/TE, it is a no contest. Do you know Ebron is not there anymore ? Yes, I know this thing called NFL Draft. Is it possible the Chargers will be getting another WR too ?
                When I talked about Ekeler, it was on his passing play, almost 1000 yards. I don't see any RBs on Colts roster able to do that.
                Last word, Rivers will be something like 39 next December. His arm lost lot of strength.
                Where did i say he was going to be better than Mike Williams? You sure you can read?

Again, you have NO idea about these guys so why comment and sound stupid?

Yes i did know Ebron isnt there anymore. You have nothing to tell me i dont already know.

Pascal is a player who has picked up his game when he got an opportunity. Have we not had players do that? Malcolm Floyd ring a bell?

As for their RBs not being able to be effective in th pass game....Hines had 44 receptions from Brissett. You dont think he will have more from Rivers? I think Rivers will elevate TY Hiltons game big time.

I dont know what else to tell you. Think what you want and you are intitled to an opinion but commenting on players you have no idea about and say they wont be any good is fools speak and lessons what credibility you did have. You are right it is almost hilarious.

Maybe do some research on Campbell, watch some videos of him at Ohio st. Many WRs rookie seasons dont pan out well. Our own MW for instance and Vince Jackson. They turned out alright.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Where did i say he was going to be better than Mike Williams? You sure you can read?

Again, you have NO idea about these guys so why comment and sound stupid?

Yes i did know Ebron isnt there anymore. You have nothing to tell me i dont already know.

Pascal is a player who has picked up his game when he got an opportunity. Have we not had players do that? Malcolm Floyd ring a bell?

As for their RBs not being able to be effective in th pass game....Hines had 44 receptions from Brissett. You dont think he will have more from Rivers? I think Rivers will elevate TY Hiltons game big time.

I dont know what else to tell you. Think what you want and you are intitled to an opinion but commenting on players you have no idea about and say they wont be any good is fools speak and lessons what credibility you did have. You are right it is almost hilarious.

Maybe do some research on Campbell, watch some videos of him at Ohio st. Many WRs rookie seasons dont pan out well. Our own MW for instance and Vince Jackson. They turned out alright.
                  Why are you saying this? He's entitled to his opinion and it might prove correct. The players around rivers on the chargers on offense we're pretty good minus the oline. We improve the oline here in chargerdom and it can improve dramatically as well. He's entitled to his own opinion of the future situation.
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Why are you saying this? He's entitled to his opinion and it might prove correct. The players around rivers on the chargers on offense we're pretty good minus the oline. We improve the oline here in chargerdom and it can improve dramatically as well. He's entitled to his own opinion of the future situation.
                    Ok, his opinion is the Colts have no good players for Rivers.....even though he doesn't know who they are..., Just look up stats and assume they suck don't bother to look that Campbell's rookie year where he had a sports hernia surgery, broken hand then a broken foot.

We should not comment at all on this forum subject.
                    Brilliant take, my bad.
                    However, I was a bit harsh, I'll apologize for that.
                    just don't see how you form an opinion on players you don't know who they are.
                    ​​​​
                    Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-23-2020, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• PR#1
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

I am not sure why some posters have to put Rivers down to lift the Chargers up ?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
                        I am not sure why some posters have to put Rivers down to lift the Chargers up ?
                        I'm rooting for the Colts to go all the way.....when we are out of it.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

I don't understand. If someone think the Chargers will have a better record than the Colts next year, is he stupid ?
                          If his arguments are the Chargers have more tools on offense (WR #2, TE), an upgraded OL and based on P. Rivers last season ?
                          That guy is blind and his comments sound stupid ?
                          This discussion is going nowhere. The Colts and Chargers will be 10-6 next year.

Comment

Working...
                          X