I also heard Telesco likes our internal options at OLine. :shock:

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
      I also heard Telesco likes our internal options at OLine. :shock:
      Also, apparently, TT and Loyal Lynn like our Elite internal options at FS...

Comment

• chargerkdb
        Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Hotter than hell, Georgia
        • Send PM

Tyrod isn’t the future but he is the present.. The guy has a 89 career rating. He doesn’t make a lot of turnovers and took a bad Bills team to 9-7 and
        playoffs and made the pro bowl ( not as big a deal as it used to be). The guy is well liked by teammates and is a leader. He isn’t Philip Rivers though and I can understand the frustration. Philip is making too much money and we have too many core players to sign to justify the whole 1 year maybe two retirement timeline for him. We can’t let go of core players just to keep Rivers out of sentimentality. Love the guy but the team has to keep moving. We will go for our franchise QB this year or even next in draft. I feel better transitioning to Tyrod than the desolate rudderless years between Humphries and Brees/Rivers

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Rivers had horrible year last season netted an 88.5 QB rating. Not sure that touting an 89 career QB rating exactly is helping the case for Taylor.

Comment

• Budsman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
            Tyrod isn’t the future but he is the present.. The guy has a 89 career rating. He doesn’t make a lot of turnovers and took a bad Bills team to 9-7 and
            playoffs and made the pro bowl ( not as big a deal as it used to be). The guy is well liked by teammates and is a leader. He isn’t Philip Rivers though and I can understand the frustration. Philip is making too much money and we have too many core players to sign to justify the whole 1 year maybe two retirement timeline for him. We can’t let go of core players just to keep Rivers out of sentimentality. Love the guy but the team has to keep moving. We will go for our franchise QB this year or even next in draft. I feel better transitioning to Tyrod than the desolate rudderless years between Humphries and Brees/Rivers

If you get rid of Rivers you draft and start a rookie QB to get past the rookie errors as quickly as possible. Starting Tyrod is wasting a year. But knowing TT and the spanni they start Tyrod and screw the fans and team over once again.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Last year was the wasted year obviously.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

This place is funny. When people bring up “excuses” for Rivers play like the play calling and lack of talent on the oline, they are criticized with it, yet somehow it’s okay to rationalize why a career journeyman QB failed in Buffalo. Taylor is not a deep ball thrower and never has been. His average yards per attempt for his entire career is 7.0. That is the epitome of a dink and dunk QB. He had to take a $10 million pay cut after the 2017 season or the Bills were going to cut him. The next year he was benched as the starting QB on a 5-4 team in the mix of the playoff race for a 5th round draft pick. Think about that - his coaching staff was so unhappy with his lack of production that they actually thought Nathan Peterman would be better than him. And then they cut him after the season. And this is guy who is suddenly going to be the savior under brilliant coaching of Lynn and Steichen. Yikes.
                As TO says I'm getting my popcorn ready! Looking forward to all the insanity. Maybe they draft another QB they like and let everyone duke it out for supremacy! Line em up and compete.
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Caslon
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Send PM

How can TT say he likes the internal options at QB with a so so head coach like Lynn? His optimism would sound less laughable if he had a genius coach. He doesn't.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Liars month(s) are awesome. How many GMs can you fool?

Comment

• chargerkdb
                      Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                      Rivers had horrible year last season netted an 88.5 QB rating. Not sure that touting an 89 career QB rating exactly is helping the case for Taylor.
                      Who else with an 89 career rating with multiple starts is coming here for a $5mil cap number while we wait for franchise QB? If we don’t take cap savings now we will be kissing goodbye to more players than Rivers. I want peak Rivers production also but that ship has sailed. If you lookin dictionary under “Bridge QB” there’s a picture of Tyrod.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Tyrod/Stick improves our TO ratio IMV.

We need more takeaways.
                        Both have ball skills.
                        Stick was handing out lollipops the last two PS games. he got roundly outplayed by Cardale. Decisively and thoroughly. He’ll be on the roster next TC as the 3rd string QB again and I’ll see if anything has changed. But he didnt show me enough to believe he’s an NFL QB last PS, i would never go into camp betting on that kid unless my plan was Tank for Trevor.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Stick was handing out lollipops the last two PS games. he got roundly outplayed by Cardale. Decisively and thoroughly. He’ll be on the roster next TC as the 3rd string QB again and I’ll see if anything has changed. But he didnt show me enough to believe he’s an NFL QB last PS, i would never go into camp betting on that kid unless my plan was Tank for Trevor.
                          Tyrod will show him the ropes this year.
                          He will need to be smart.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X