• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
    What’s with all the Tyrod hate. He was clearly brought in as the stop gap/ transition guy. Is he going to be MVP? No but he has lead a less talented team to the playoffs. Everyone acting like it’s Craig Whelihan 2.0. We need a steady vet presence that won’t create a ton of turnovers and he checks that box.
    Agree...T-Mobile isn't elite, but in the right system, and u better believe Lynn and Stitch are designing that system Taylor-made for him (pun intended), I think Tyrod could have at least a decent season.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

What’s with all the Tyrod hate. He was clearly brought in as the stop gap/ transition guy. Is he going to be MVP? No but he has lead a less talented team to the playoffs. Everyone acting like it’s Craig Whelihan 2.0. We need a steady vet presence that won’t create a ton of turnovers and he checks that box.
      I don’t hate the guy, I just think it is a waste of time to put him in as our starting QB because he has such a low ceiling. He is great as a backup. If we we draft a QB this season and whoever that is just isn’t ready to start at the beginning of the season than I can understand that. If we don’t draft a QB at all, we will literally be wasting the season because he isn’t very good. Yep, he won’t create a ton of turnovers but he just won’t generate many points either. Buffalo had him for 3 years, designed offenses around him that didn’t produce and eventually cut him - that happened for a reason. He won’t suddenly change into something he has never been.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
        French Speaking Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Québec city
        • Send PM

Someone noticed that Tannehill has beated Brady, and Cousin did the same with Brees in wild card games?
        It's not only a QB affair.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I don’t hate the guy, I just think it is a waste of time to put him in as our starting QB because he has such a low ceiling. He is great as a backup. If we we draft a QB this season and whoever that is just isn’t ready to start at the beginning of the season than I can understand that. If we don’t draft a QB at all, we will literally be wasting the season because he isn’t very good. Yep, he won’t create a ton of turnovers but he just won’t generate many points either. Buffalo had him for 3 years, designed offenses around him that didn’t produce and eventually cut him - that happened for a reason. He won’t suddenly change into something he has never been.
          I think this is fair, Tie-rod doesn’t inspire much faith to score enough points.
          and I don’t buy the theory that we just have to build a defense to beat KC, we need to be able to win shoot-outs occasionally
          I think we have to be ready for the fact that we simply won’t be competing for anything next year.
          next year is for continuing to build our defense, re-sign our guys, establish a ground game and building a new offense, for either a rookie qb (signature gives my bias away) and/or the type of qb to be inserted in 2021.
          G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Midwestbolt
            • Feb 2019
            • Midwest
            • Local 150 operating engineer.
            • Send PM

Exactly. This is a transition period. No reason to hate on Taylor.

It's rather humorous the lengths some posters will go to either A) give every reason under the stars Taylor will succeed or fail and conversely grasp for any straw to throw shade (or props) to PR depending on their stance.

Why does it have to be either or? I loved PR as the QB. I think he can still play. Do I think the Chargers made the right decision - yea, I do. The team is headed in a different direction for better or worse (I hope better) and at some point they have to make a decision that fits with the vision of the team.

But there's no reason to dump on a future HOF QB because of what? Some satisfaction of saying "I told you so" if he goes to another team and fails to do well. The same would go if he has success.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

I expect our Red Zone offense to improve,
              and not solely by fewer turnovers.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                Just T-Mobile running the RPO alone should help our red zone O...this adds a whole new dimension Rivers, for all his talents as a passer, just couldn't offer...

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                  You still have to get to the red zone

Comment

• OhioBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Taylor is nothing more than a bridge, so they sure as hell better be drafting the right QB. With that being said Taylor being judged on his Buffalo days isn't totally fair he only had Sean McCoy at running back, and Sam Watkins was slow to develope as a rookie and then was often times injured, and Robert Woods the other receiver was nowhere to being the reciever he is now with the Rams, his only consitent weapon in the passing game other than McCoy out the backfield was the tight end Charlse Clay. Taylor will have better weapons, I expect us to win more than 5 games and that is despiteTaylor low ceiling and the key to all our seasons will be OL and staying healthy

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Lynn thinks Tyrod is Rich Gannon

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee