Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I read this board now, I was on the forum of the UT San Diego until I lost my password and its plain as can be that if you ask fans of the Chargers - and I get QB is important - but what is the biggest need - a majority will say Oline. Telesco did bad by Rivers

Now I can see Spanii wanting Brady so much (to sell tickets, get some buzz for his team, get some games on National TV - Thursday Night at KC to open the season; Monday nighters, etc) - that they might go get Brady. But that would be cap wise - not smart

Team has 50m of cap space: thinking Pouncey probably is not back, Mebane and Davis or Perryman released - puts the number at 60m
    1) Henry 9m
    2) Draft Class and IR fund 12m
    3) A good OL - 12m
    4) DT or solid CB in free agency - 6

Thats 40m right there. Brady would take up the rest so Telesco would really have to nail the draft.

I don't see how Telesco can do all they want and get Brady unless they sacrifice on other areas. They can even write a Brees type deal 3/60m guaranteed which is really 2 years -- and 20m of dead cap hits the day Brady leaves - but is that smart to tdo. I don't think so

So, the Spanii will do it
    1) $9 is the low end. $10-$12 average yearly for 4/5 years. So $40-$60 million for his contract with $20-$35 guaranteed.
    2) yep
    3) for an IOL about right. So another $45-$65 million contract with $25-$40 guaranteed.
    4) will be able to get a 2-down DT for that price. My dude M. Pierce will be in that range. No competent CB, other than a 1 year prove it deal, will be close to $6 million yearly.

If TB12 decides to play here it will not be about contract $. If he wants in the onscreen entertainment industry after football then this is the place. Leaving money to sign others and going out a Champion again, in LA, would enhance his jump to TV/movie celebrity.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Maniaque 6
      French Speaking Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Québec city
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
      If you caught the press conferences by TT and Lynn about the attributes they are looking for in a QB they basically described Rivers.
      I imagine TT saying he wants a QB with between 12 and 20 INTs a year.
      A QB who is unable to scramble and unable to make it in the end zone.
      And preferably, a QB who is at least 35.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

1) $9 is the low end. $10-$12 average yearly for 4/5 years. So $40-$60 million for his contract with $20-$35 guaranteed.
        2) yep
        3) for an IOL about right. So another $45-$65 million contract with $25-$40 guaranteed.
        4) will be able to get a 2-down DT for that price. My dude M. Pierce will be in that range. No competent CB, other than a 1 year prove it deal, will be close to $6 million yearly.

If TB12 decides to play here it will not be about contract $. If he wants in the onscreen entertainment industry after football then this is the place. Leaving money to sign others and going out a Champion again, in LA, would enhance his jump to TV/movie celebrity.
        Good updates - but again with the NFL contracts - there are averages and cap numbers. So Brady can get a 3/60 deal - but again, 15-20m of that could be dead cap if he retires after two years (see: Drew Brees). And yes, the price for an IDL or CB - I get 6m is not getting you Chris Harris - but it might get you somebody better than Mebane!

Telesco has some cap space to work with but he also has some big needs to fill.

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

2) yep

This makes sense but since Henry has never played an entire year healthy, I would tag him and go one year at a time unless the tag is way higher......

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Good updates - but again with the NFL contracts - there are averages and cap numbers. So Brady can get a 3/60 deal - but again, 15-20m of that could be dead cap if he retires after two years (see: Drew Brees). And yes, the price for an IDL or CB - I get 6m is not getting you Chris Harris - but it might get you somebody better than Mebane!

Telesco has some cap space to work with but he also has some big needs to fill.
            Retirement before contract end is not necessarily a cap hit.
            Why would we give all $60 million guaranteed? Stupidity!
            Contract structure will entail yearly cap hits. Example...Bosa could sign a new 6yr - $140 million contract and have a cap hit under $10 million this season even with $80-$100 guaranteed.

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

This makes sense but since Henry has never played an entire year healthy, I would tag him and go one year at a time unless the tag is way higher......
              The FT is a short term option. About $11 million in 2020 for TEs.

2) Hunter Henry, TE, Los Angeles Chargers: The franchise tag for tight ends is projected to be just over $11 million. That price seems more than fair for one of the most dynamic young pass-catching tight ends in football, even if Henry has struggled with durability at

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Retirement before contract end is not necessarily a cap hit.
                Why would we give all $60 million guaranteed? Stupidity!
                Contract structure will entail yearly cap hits. Example...Bosa could sign a new 6yr - $140 million contract and have a cap hit under $10 million this season even with $80-$100 guaranteed.
                I don't see Brady taking 3/90 with40m guaranteed. He is going to want the money guaranteed. Hence the contract I propose.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

I imagine TT saying he wants a QB with between 12 and 20 INTs a year.
                  A QB who is unable to scramble and unable to make it in the end zone.
                  And preferably, a QB who is at least 35....AND A QB WHO CAN SAVE TT FROM GETTING FIRED...
                  There...fixed it for 'ya!

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
                    Bandwagon since 8/6/1960
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Palm Springs
                    • I know nothing
                    • Send PM

As much as I want a Chargers Super bowl win before I die I can't count one with Brady.

Comment

• SDBORN
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 8/6/1960 View Post
                      As much as I want a Chargers Super bowl win before I die I can't count one with Brady.
                      As a charger fan, I can't be picky at this point. A superbowl win is a win.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Yep...it would be like cheating...and I would wonder what new illegal or unethical trick TB used to win another SB...

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

As a charger fan, I can't be picky at this point. A superbowl win is a win.
                          At least an appearance at the Super Bowl would be great. The team has years of failure of even making it there.

If we get Brady and the team gets a championship because of it, I can live with it. Whatever losses we had to him as a Patriot, the past is the past.

Comment

Working...
                          X