• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Did you look at Anthony Gordon...? He doesn't remind me of Stick or Taylor. 48 TD's last year (2nd only to Burrows).
    AJ Smith said to look at a body of work and base your conclusions on that. Gordon played only one season in the NCAA, that is not enough
    of a sample size to base an evaluation on for my comfort level. I cannot say he's worth a mid Round pick because the Chargers did that LAST year.

Mike Leach hasn't developed alot of talent that has flourished at the pro level. Tim Couch and Gardner Minshew are his most notable disciples. Kinda underwhelming.

Comment

• jubei
      Vagabond Ninja
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...next thing u know, TT will say he likes our internal options at RB...and DT...and LB...and...
      hey I like Ekeler a LOT. the other 2 positions you mention, not at all.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

AJ Smith said to look at a body of work and base your conclusions on that. Gordon played only one season in the NCAA, that is not enough
        of a sample size to base an evaluation on for my comfort level. I cannot say he's worth a mid Round pick because the Chargers did that LAST year.

Mike Leach hasn't developed alot of talent that has flourished at the pro level. Tim Couch and Gardner Minshew are his most notable disciples. Kinda underwhelming.
        Did AJ say that before or after signing Jared Gaither...?

PFF grades:

Philip Rivers: 74.3
        Gardner Minshew: 70.3
        Kyler Murray: 64.2
        Daniel Jones: 65.7
        Dwayne Haskins 67.6
        Drew Lock: 57.6

"You don’t reach 5,563 passing yards and 48 touchdowns without exploiting all levels of the field like Gordon did this season. He was the highest-graded quarterback on all throws within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage and led all quarterbacks with 3,217 yards and 22 touchdowns. He topped 300 yards in all but one game this season and even surpassed 400 yards in nine outings with multiple 500-yard performances to boot. Gordon was tremendous on all throws over the middle of the field and was the 21st-ranked quarterback all throws between the numbers. He led the country with 34 touchdowns on such throws and even had 14 big-time throws over the middle which also led the country."

And here's the kicker... I'm drafting an OT @#6, getting a CB in the 2nd before I take Gordon in the 3rd round... Besides, everyone knows AL has been itching to run the ball more. Beat the Chiefs by keeping Mahommes on the bench. Get a lead... and keep it.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Who are you trying to insult with this?

And here's the kicker... I'm drafting an OT @#6, getting a CB in the 2nd before I take Gordon in the 3rd round... Besides, everyone knows AL has been itching to run the ball more. Beat the Chiefs by keeping Mahommes on the bench. Get a lead... and keep it.
          Why draft an offensive tackle at #6 when this is a particularly deep draft for offensive tackles? Legitimate question. The same cannot be said for Defensive Interior Lineman depth, and I see a generational talent in DT Derrick Brown at #6. That leaves Round Two and Three for a solid OT and a Center to boot. If the project QB from Wizzou is there in the 4th, I'd be willing. CB will have to be a free agent signing. Rivers' contract void allows for that now, and Telesco did sign CB Casey Heyward.

Let's critique QB Anthony Johnson. Gordon's footwork, he is raw as hamburger. Does he ever work under center? I watch to see if a QB has quiet feet, and if he is going through read progressions, or just his first throw. He MUST have consistent mechanics. What I truly respect about Tom Brady is he has his mechanic checkpoints on 3 x 5 cards and still goes over them before every game. That's a pro, reenforcing the basics. Gordon does have a talent for compact throwing motion, see Wizzou vs. Northern Colorado and vs. Stanford. I did watch tape of Anthony Gordon today and he does have some touch on his deep ball. He nailed a brilliant TD pass against UCLA. Patrick Mahomes bounced, just like Anthony Gordon, in Mahomes in his first season as a Chief. Andy coached it out of him this season. I see some things I like.

One last thing, Mike Leach had the kid threw over 200 MORE passes than Joe Burrow did on the season. Of course he's going to have gaudy numbers, an offense that throws out of the shotgun over 70% of the time.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

PFF grades:

Philip Rivers: 74.3
            Gardner Minshew: 70.3
            Kyler Murray: 64.2
            Daniel Jones: 65.7
            Dwayne Haskins 67.6
            Drew Lock: 57.6

"You don’t reach 5,563 passing yards and 48 touchdowns without exploiting all levels of the field like Gordon did this season. He was the highest-graded quarterback on all throws within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage and led all quarterbacks with 3,217 yards and 22 touchdowns. He topped 300 yards in all but one game this season and even surpassed 400 yards in nine outings with multiple 500-yard performances to boot. Gordon was tremendous on all throws over the middle of the field and was the 21st-ranked quarterback all throws between the numbers. He led the country with 34 touchdowns on such throws and even had 14 big-time throws over the middle which also led the country."

Al has been itching to have a mobile QB more than anything...AG is a twig...he will get pulverized in this league.
            The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Budsman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

So much this.
              I can’t wait for TT to start and then listen to all the myopic fans cry when they realize why he could only sign as our backup.

He wont throw Ints it he also doesn’t throw touchdowns. And he’s a colossal waste of our wr talent. He also hasn’t played behind this Swiss cheese before, if you think PR was bad under pressure good luck with Tyrod.

Comment

• foreigner
                Tom Telesco is gone
                • Sep 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
                This is likely a smokescreen.

That, or he doesn't know what he's doing.
                Correct.. smokescreen.. that's all

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

If Tyrod is the starting QB - that means they will draft somebody in the 1st round. My guess, Telesco was just talking to not give anything away at this point. And why should he? Maybe Bridgewater or Newton are the QBs. Maybe its drafting Tua or Herbert.

Either way, Telesco needs to rebuild that OL or the style of play Lynn wants to run, will not be an option unless he wants his QB running around scrambling and his running backs stuffed for no gain!!

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

hey I like Ekeler a LOT. the other 2 positions you mention, not at all.
                    I also like Ekkie...but the Bolts SHOULD be looking for a RB in either the draft or FA...

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

And AJ violated that principal several times by signing marginal talent with a skimpy body of work...

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post
                        I can’t wait for TT to start and then listen to all the myopic fans cry when they realize why he could only sign as our backup.

He wont throw Ints it he also doesn’t throw touchdowns. And he’s a colossal waste of our wr talent. He also hasn’t played behind this Swiss cheese before, if you think PR was bad under pressure good luck with Tyrod.
                        I get Tyrod isn’t perfect, I’m just done having a QB who’s brains turn to jello inside the 30 yard line. Can’t win like that, as evidenced by last season.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

what’s telling is your name “Fouts fan”
                          I bet you’re a bigger fouts fan than Charger fan
                          now it’s playing out with Rivers
                          not one single post here has ever suggested that Rivers alone was to blame or failed to acknowledge that this is a team game, yet you continue your narrative ad naseam
                          but you’re right
                          it WILL be telling
                          because there will be posters like you criticizing everything our 2020 qb will do while continuing to make excuses for Rivers in Indianapolis
                          You won’t be the only closet Charger-hater rooting against my team so I better get used to it

yes, MY team
                          your player, my TEAM
                          Im calling bullshit. Getting ugly there fella...we dont question a fans devotion here...only their opinions on anything Charger related.

C'mon man.....
                          The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X