• Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Stick is unproven.

I'll take Jeff Gladney or Cameron Dantzler in the 2nd, please.
    Tyrod/Stick improves our TO ratio IMV.

We need more takeaways.
    Both have ball skills.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Stick is our modern football Brees.

Gus needs a Corner opposite Hayward who does not underperform or get himself suspended.
      We sure do need a corner, a solid corner who can man up...I'm looking for a corner somewhere around round 3...

Comment

• FarAwayBoltFan
        San Diego Native
        • Feb 2019
        • Farmington, NM
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

We sure do need a corner, a solid corner who can man up...I'm looking for a corner somewhere around round 3...
        It has been awhile since the Chargers invested at CB (unless you count Adderly) If Okudah slips to #6, I wouldn't be surprised if he is the pick.

Comment

• Budsman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

I get Tyrod isn’t perfect, I’m just done having a QB who’s brains turn to jello inside the 30 yard line. Can’t win like that, as evidenced by last season.
          Really? After 16 years, you use one down year (debatable with defenses blitzing more on a compressed field exposing our horrible oline) to prove a point? Not to mention during his down year he’s still league average. You don’t realize how good you have it if you think PR was part of the problem last year.

Come at me with an argument like, “it saves us money to invest in the oline” etc because those are logical. You’re “Rivers is average one year” argument is weak.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

We need more takeaways.
            Both have ball skills.
            I agree on all accounts. What do we do with Tyrod after 2020...?

Comment

• Budsman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

We need more takeaways.
              Both have ball skills.
              It also reduces our scoring by a large margin. Can’t have it both ways.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Stick is our modern football Brees.

Gus needs a Corner opposite Hayward who does not underperform or get himself suspended.
                I will add to that, Gus Bradley's defense has been making due w/o a true high free safety. Bradley has that now in in Nas Adderley.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

It also reduces our scoring by a large margin. Can’t have it both ways.
                  This is a real problem. Tyrod does not get rid of the ball quickly like PR did. Takes a lot of sacks. If we stand pat @ OT... that will be A LOT of sacks. 2nd and long or 3rd and long is not where we want our offense to be.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

Its not just the ball watchers, there are alot of Brees lovers on this board.

When Brees was let go in 2006 in favor of Rivers, the butthurt ran very deep for the Brees fans.

They later evolved into the Rivers haters and have patiently waited for this day.

Now that the day is here, they lash out at anyone who defends Rivers.

They even continue to maintain there was no problem with the oline.

How sad.
                    WtheactualFuck?!

I loved we drafted Brees, stood up for him until it was plain, he wasn’t gonna be It (weird he did it post-surgery, HGH??). Loved we drafted Rivers and kept him, wasn’t till this last season when he threw away game after game that I was done with, cuz he was done with the team. Very geeked to move on to the next guy, hopefully thru can at least do what Humphries did and get us to the big game. Circle of life for a Bolt fan.

Also Brees sucks.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Really? After 16 years, you use one down year (debatable with defenses blitzing more on a compressed field exposing our horrible oline) to prove a point? Not to mention during his down year he’s still league average. You don’t realize how good you have it if you think PR was part of the problem last year.

Come at me with an argument like, “it saves us money to invest in the oline” etc because those are logical. You’re “Rivers is average one year” argument is weak.
                      Really? Cuz your “after 16 years” of what exactly is weaker.

Comment

• Budsman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Really? Cuz your “after 16 years” of what exactly is weaker.
                        Really? If I have to explain that to you it’s not worth it. You’re right, I just can’t wait to tell you I told you so when the next qb is worse because the chance of a better QB than Rivers is extremely unlikely. :smh:

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Rivers is gonna be tough act to follow, he’s been a very good QB for us. But man I am so looking forward to far fewer red zone turnovers, that was just a special level of fail last season.

5-11, that’s the bar that Rivers set.

Comment

Working...
                          X