• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

It also reduces our scoring by a large margin. Can’t have it both ways.
    This what people are just not getting.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by FarAwayBoltFan View Post

It has been awhile since the Chargers invested at CB (unless you count Adderly) If Okudah slips to #6, I wouldn't be surprised if he is the pick.
      my top rated non qb prospect
      going to be an elite cb wherever he goes
      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

my top rated non qb prospect
        going to be an elite cb wherever he goes
        What a matchup if Okie goes to the AFC and mans up vs. Tyreek Hill...

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

What a matchup if Okie goes to the AFC and mans up vs. Tyreek Hill...
          precisely.
          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

The hard thing about this year is can they find a QB of the future. We don't get to draft this high that often, although if we don't have good enough option at QB, we can count on it more frequently.

I get the idea of building up D and a running game to matchup vs KC. But KC has a pretty dynamic O, so I am not sure that strategy is going to work that well. Ask SF, where their 2 TD lead in the SB went. Both TD on blown coverages, but still.

There are a lot of teams that have probably gone into games vs KC, and Mahommes get s couple of quick scores and suddenly ball control is out the window. And we don't have a roster that is in any way ready to do that. I like our RB options, but the OL is not good pass blocking and they make up for it by being horrible run blockers.

We may lose our best TE, and you HAVE to have good blocking TE to be a strong running team. So, we need to find a way to develop the kinds of TE coming out of college into good blockers. And that may mean that we don't have so much time to teach them to run routes and be well rounded (run blockers and pass catchers).

Our D is not the sort of typical, blitzing, attacking D that works well with ball control running games.

I'm OK if they want to start turning the roster, but it is not a simple thing and will take several years of pain and agony. They may start with Anthony Lynn as the HC, but he would almost certainly not be the guy who sees it through.

Comment

• Budsman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
              Rivers is gonna be tough act to follow, he’s been a very good QB for us. But man I am so looking forward to far fewer red zone turnovers, that was just a special level of fail last season.

5-11, that’s the bar that Rivers set.
              That’s the bar this team set. Why is it that people can’t see that QBs need a good oline to make plays. This oline was epic levels of bad in passblocking and sure Rivers didn’t have a great year but adjusted for the poor oline he was about average. Let’s just say it could have been way worse if we had a lesser QB back there.

The real unfortunate part is that since TT is so bad at drafting OL we might get to see how bad a young qb would be.

Comment

• Midwestbolt
                • Feb 2019
                • Midwest
                • Local 150 operating engineer.
                • Send PM

Rivers is gonna be tough act to follow, he’s been a very good QB for us. But man I am so looking forward to far fewer red zone turnovers, that was just a special level of fail last season.

5-11, that's the bar that Rivers set.
                so is 6-10 a success then?

Even the abysmal game PR had the first game against the Turds - (3 ints), he did not "lose" the game all by his lonesome. Bolts were freaking winning 24-20 with less than 4 min to go, kicking off to the raiders.

Or the game in Mexico, did he lose the game or just not "win it". If you actually break the game down, Rivers only made a couple bad throws, but had to chuck it 52 freaking times. All anyone remembers is the last throw that was a bum. (and it's not like KC was a mediocre team. But people forget that)

This team as a whole, contributed to the special level of fail. Taylor isn't going to magically make the team a winner, or even better, just by throwing less INTs.

We're gonna find out in 2020 if it was under performing last year or over achieving in 2018. Gonna tell ya, I think it is both.

This team desperately needs a strong draft plus solid, smart, roster and FA moves. This organization is at quite a crossroads.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

We had a profound
                  5 point per game
                  drop off in scoring,
                  from 2018 to 2019.

Bring on
                  Tierod
                  & StickShift
                  & cap space.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Rivers was obviously checked out in 2019, could see it on TV. Wonder how his teammates felt about it? Do you give your all when the team face and leader is a rental basically? Or do you phone it in like the QB, and wait till next year?

We are not that bad of a team, warts inclusive. Gonna predict 10 wins in 2020, sans Rivers. Laugh all you want, we are better than we were lead to.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Rivers was obviously checked out in 2019, could see it on TV. Wonder how his teammates felt about it? Do you give your all when the team face and leader is a rental basically? Or do you phone it in like the QB, and wait till next year?

We are not that bad of a team, warts inclusive. Gonna predict 10 wins in 2020, sans Rivers. Laugh all you want, we are better than we were lead to.
                      If you thought the melvin Gordon holdout was bad wait till they have a problem with bosa holdout. We could be a 2-14 team with no Rivers and no Bosa.
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Budsman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                        We had a profound
                        5 point per game
                        drop off in scoring,
                        from 2018 to 2019.

Bring on
                        Tierod
                        & StickShift
                        & cap space.
                        Yeah because TT stick and some FA that our inept FO will bungle are going to fix it.

I like your optimism but I can’t share in it.

Comment

• Budsman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Wow just wow. I guess you drank the coolaid hard. Maybe Rivers was stressed by being harassed In the backfield all the time. That and the coaching unable to figure out how to mitigate pressure can drive any QBs to look worn down.

Comment

Working...
                          X