Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Im calling bullshit. Getting ugly there fella...we dont question a fans devotion here...only their opinions on anything Charger related.

C'mon man.....
    Convenient rule for you too.
    when someone calls themselves a Chargers fan and makes a series of posts implying favoring an opponent (team or player), I’m going to question.
    and if I’m wrong, someone can call that out.

And i’m calling bullshit on that rule.
    how do you think Fleet was able to exercise out all the trolls after the relocation?
    Trolls posed as fans and felt they can spew any anti-charger crap on forums, bet were eventually kicked out because ultimately there was a judgement made on their devotion.
    now if you want me to build up a case and present it in some formal way, I simply don’t have time.
    foutsfan is a big boy and responded amicably.
    the only thing not inappropriate here is your public attempt to shame me into norm following.
    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Did you look at Anthony Gordon...? He doesn't remind me of Stick or Taylor. 48 TD's last year (2nd only to Burrows).
      I'm not a QB guru but I admit to seeing two of Gordon's games (Oregon and Washington) and sure looked good in those games. I;m a Ducks fan and I'll admit he tore the Ducks defense up. In the end Herbert pulled it out but Gordon sure made it difficult.

I have this thought though, Leach always has QB's that put up big numbers.. It's his system. One other thing - he must weigh about 85 lbs.! He looks like a 'stick man'. I sure do like his passing though.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

when someone calls themselves a Chargers fan and makes a series of posts implying favoring an opponent (team or player), I’m going to question.

how do you think Fleet was able to exercise out all the trolls after the relocation?
        Trolls posed as fans and felt they can spew any anti-charger crap on forums, bet were eventually kicked out because ultimately there was a judgement made on their devotion.
        now if you want me to build up a case and present it in some formal way, I simply don’t have time.
        the only thing not inappropriate here is your public attempt to shame me into norm following.
        I just want to vouch for Fouts Fan. He's been a Charger fan for a long time - perhaps before you were even born.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I don't even know what your rant has to do with Foutsfan being a Charger fan....he is not a troll for certain... but didn't you mean to say not appropriate to publicly shame you...Cuz otherwise your saying it was OK for me to do so...which is cool, Cuz you certainly, and very publicly, challenged FoutsFan devotion to Chargers....

If you show your ass on this forum, people are gonna tell you to pull your pants up....best to just nod thanks and move on...
          The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• PR#1
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Lol Ill take that bet. Ill PM you my PayPal account so you can deposit the money there since you lost. Fouts was/is my favorite player and he was the reason I started following the Chargers but have been a fan ever since. Also you have not read any other of my posts on this subject so Ill let your plea for ignorance stand.

See the difference is, some people understand the game. I am not speaking just of the rules but the little nuances that the ball watching fans do not see. Its not to belittle those ball watcher fans but it is frustrating and funny to see people post things about Rivers or other players yet fail to see the why bad plays happen. So enjoy next season watching the ball but don't be too surprised when not resigning Rivers does not fix all the teams problems.
            Its not just the ball watchers, there are alot of Brees lovers on this board.

When Brees was let go in 2006 in favor of Rivers, the butthurt ran very deep for the Brees fans.

They later evolved into the Rivers haters and have patiently waited for this day.

Now that the day is here, they lash out at anyone who defends Rivers.

They even continue to maintain there was no problem with the oline.

How sad.

Comment

• AK47
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post
              As much as I believe that TT and the FO are idiots, this is obviously predraft say nothing.
              These Draft QBs are "okay" but wer're good with our QBs. You other teams could draft them but we won't...wink wink.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

And AJ violated that principal several times by signing marginal talent with a skimpy body of work...
                The first time AJ violated that principle was Antonio Cromartie. Which AJ hit on in the first Round.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I don't even know what your rant has to do with Foutsfan being a Charger fan....he is not a troll for certain... but didn't you mean to say not appropriate to publicly shame you...Cuz otherwise your saying it was OK for me to do so...which is cool, Cuz you certainly, and very publicly, challenged FoutsFan devotion to Chargers....

If you show your ass on this forum, people are gonna tell you to pull your pants up....best to just nod thanks and move on...
                  I not even interested in spelling out for you how hypocritical your last sentence is
                  we’ll just disagree on this one.
                  unsolicited advice, no thanks
                  to be clear, I will call out and question anyone who insinuates taking any pleasure from my teams failures, ON a forum DEDICATED to said team, both publicly and passionately.
                  And I encourage every proud fan to do the same

I will own something, I shouldn’t have used name-calling.

good day lone
                  G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Who are you trying to insult with this?

Why draft an offensive tackle at #6 when this is a particularly deep draft for offensive tackles? Legitimate question. The same cannot be said for Defensive Interior Lineman depth, and I see a generational talent in DT Derrick Brown at #6. That leaves Round Two and Three for a solid OT and a Center to boot. If the project QB from Wizzou is there in the 4th, I'd be willing. CB will have to be a free agent signing. Rivers' contract void allows for that now, and Telesco did sign CB Casey Heyward.

Let's critique QB Anthony Johnson. Gordon's footwork, he is raw as hamburger. Does he ever work under center? I watch to see if a QB has quiet feet, and if he is going through read progressions, or just his first throw. He MUST have consistent mechanics. What I truly respect about Tom Brady is he has his mechanic checkpoints on 3 x 5 cards and still goes over them before every game. That's a pro, reenforcing the basics. Gordon does have a talent for compact throwing motion, see Wizzou vs. Northern Colorado and vs. Stanford. I did watch tape of Anthony Gordon today and he does have some touch on his deep ball. He nailed a brilliant TD pass against UCLA. Patrick Mahomes bounced, just like Anthony Gordon, in Mahomes in his first season as a Chief. Andy coached it out of him this season. I see some things I like.

One last thing, Mike Leach had the kid threw over 200 MORE passes than Joe Burrow did on the season. Of course he's going to have gaudy numbers, an offense that throws out of the shotgun over 70% of the time.
                    I'm not trying insult anyone. I'm just pointing out that AJ violated his own rule multiple times. You can't use this argument to invalidate a prospect.

I see the OT class much differently than most. I see 2 OT prospects that are legitimate LT's (Thomas and Wills). Every OT prospect after that has definite issues (either their feet are too slow or they are just so-so run blockers. There will be a lot of 2nd and 3rd round OT's that are better suited to play OG or will be RT's that need help with outside NFL speed rushers. I like D. Brown also, but think there are mid/late round DT's that are very good run-stuffers (which we need). I don't see the cap space as being relegated to one particular position (CB) or another (RT). The CB class is deep, and that's why I see CB as a 2nd round target.

Re: Anthony Gordon. Yes, he's raw. Yes, he could use some fine tuning with footwork and reading defenses. But if you watch more tape, you'll see that he goes through progressions and doesn't always go to his first read. He has nice touch and has the highest completion percentage within 10 yards of LOS. That's vital. Shorter routes with high completion rates put your offense in a lot of 2nd and short situations. It puts defenses at a disadvantage when your 2nd down situations are less predictable (short yardage). Almost every rookie QB will have a year to learn the offense. IMO, Tyrod is a bridge QB. Hard to believe they won't draft a rookie to develop for his eventual release. You have a valid point about Gordon working out of the shotgun 70% of the time. And if there is one thing he lags behind with other QB prospects it's arm strength. But it's hard to criticize him for his accuracy, touch, and field awareness. The NFL is moving toward running more college-type spread offenses. Gordon fits that mold.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I'm not a QB guru but I admit to seeing two of Gordon's games (Oregon and Washington) and sure looked good in those games. I;m a Ducks fan and I'll admit he tore the Ducks defense up. In the end Herbert pulled it out but Gordon sure made it difficult.

I have this thought though, Leach always has QB's that put up big numbers.. It's his system. One other thing - he must weigh about 85 lbs.! He looks like a 'stick man'. I sure do like his passing though.
                      Gordon is 1 inch shorter and 5 pounds lighter than Burrows. He's 3 inches taller and 5 pounds heavier than Drew Brees. I don't think AL said he wants a running QB. I think he said he wanted a mobile QB...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                        Taylor and Stick could potentially be the kind of players who pull a Trent Dilfer or Ben R (1st SB win where he was more of a liability than an asset). Maybe, although it is a stretch.

For that to really happen, you need a team like they had. Great attacking D that keeps teams backed up and can earn field position by sacks and force turnovers. Great ST who can give a weak offense a easier job scoring by reducing the distance they need to drive, and keeping the other team bottled up in their own end of the field. And a strong running game to take pressure off the QB and give them a chance to make some big plays off of play action. Does that sound like the Chargers?

Gus plays the wrong style of D for one. He is not an attacking D. You don't need to play an attacking D to be a great D. But a bend but don't break style (even with a more aggressive 1 gap DL) is going to give up some yards here and there. You need an O that can be explosive and consistent enough to make up for some poor field position.

Even if we did, the chances are against it. The Dilfer style QB just doesn't give much of a margin for error. Plenty of great defenses and great teams never won a SB because "something" just didn't break right for them, and they couldn't overcome some hurdle.
                        Stick is our modern football Brees.

Gus needs a Corner opposite Hayward who does not underperform or get himself suspended.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Stick is our modern football Brees.

Gus needs a Corner opposite Hayward who does not underperform or get himself suspended.
                          Stick is unproven.

I'll take Jeff Gladney or Cameron Dantzler in the 2nd, please.

Comment

Working...
                          X