• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jkru View Post
    King to fill the Phillips role... now that he is with the Patriots. Versatility with two above average slot corners is awesome. King will be available to rotate if needed with Harris as slot corner.

Continue to look at Nas as FS ... or maybe CB2 this preseason? Davis probably stays as #2 unless he gets poached for his tender.

King's contract negotiation for next season could be interesting, since it's unlikely Harris is the long term solution. Harris could be released after year 1, and the role given back to King.
    Was looked amazing in the one preseason game he played in ......... hope whatever the issues were, they have been resolved and he is ready rot step in and be the best center field ball hawking FS chargers have ever had........he did things in college were amazing and in that pre season game he got his hands on 3 or 4 passes....only picked off one(nervous rookie) but no other chargers safety would have even been there to bat ball away.......

Harris gives the DC much more flexibility to move guys around based omg who we are playing..... maybe harris plays outside against some teams and inside against others.... he is a leader and knows how to play....

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

Harris can play outside in the base D and then slide inside to the slot when we go sub packages, which will be most of the time.

Still need to find an outside CB (or at least outside CB depth) for when he is inside.

There are plenty of solid in the box S types who can cover better than a LB and still be effective vs the run, that would be suitable replacements for Phillips. Phillips was really coming into his own. but there are a lot of similar sort of players. Maybe not as good, but similar.

Comment

• Blue Thunder
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Arlington, TX
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        Harris can play outside in the base D and then slide inside to the slot when we go sub packages, which will be most of the time.

Still need to find an outside CB (or at least outside CB depth) for when he is inside.

There are plenty of solid in the box S types who can cover better than a LB and still be effective vs the run, that would be suitable replacements for Phillips. Phillips was really coming into his own. but there are a lot of similar sort of players. Maybe not as good, but similar.
        What about Kyzir? Being a LB/S hybrid, he seems like he might be a good fit for the Phillips role.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Blue Thunder View Post

What about Kyzir? Being a LB/S hybrid, he seems like he might be a good fit for the Phillips role.
          He gained about 20 lbs between 2018 and 2019, not the same player he was. Not sure the how or why of that...

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Blue Thunder View Post

AL said that they like him at OTTO and his knee may be an issue for him at WILL.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• MakoShark
              Disgruntled
              • Jun 2013
              • North Alabama
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

Having 2 guys when you need 3 at a minimum, is far from "primed" for anything other than disappointment. And HH isn't a WR, so no idea why'd you'd consider him as one. Now, we do have the ability to potentially fix that through the draft, but the fact is that our WR corps is completely barren outside of 2 guys. And of those 2, Williams can't seem to stay healthy.
              If you say so...Several good wide receivers still available in free agency.

And, No, HH is not a WR but he is a vital part of the passing game, so including him as part of the WR Corp isn't a big stretch.
              sigpic

Comment

• SYB
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post

If you say so...Several good wide receivers still available in free agency.

And, No, HH is not a WR but he is a vital part of the passing game, so including him as part of the WR Corp isn't a big stretch.
                There are 4 WR's worth a look, with only 1 (DeMarcus Robinson) possibly being in our price range and a fit for what we need. So "several good" is quite a stretch to say the least. And I get that HH catches balls, but if KA or MW go down, he's not running out to the boundary to take on CB's down the field. So he doesn't count as a WR. Not sure why that's so hard to grasp.

The WR squad needs a shit ton of work to get it where it needs to be. And I wouldn't be shocked if they drafted 2 and brought in another 3 or so UDFA's to battle it out.

Comment

• Jorgecasas10
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2020
                  • Send PM

There are 4 WR's worth a look, with only 1 (DeMarcus Robinson) possibly being in our price range and a fit for what we need. So "several good" is quite a stretch to say the least. And I get that HH catches balls, but if KA or MW go down, he's not running out to the boundary to take on CB's down the field. So he doesn't count as a WR. Not sure why that's so hard to grasp.

The WR squad needs a shit ton of work to get it where it needs to be. And I wouldn't be shocked if they drafted 2 and brought in another 3 or so UDFA's to battle it out.
                  Dream scenario would be robby anderson
                  but more realistic and cheap also is breshad perriman to stretch the field really fast

Comment

• SYB
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Jorgecasas10 View Post

but more realistic and cheap also is breshad perriman to stretch the field really fast
                    I actually wanted the team to try the trade for Anderson last year, but he's out of our price range now. And I don't trust one year wonders like Perriman, especially when the one solid year happens the season before they become a FA.

Comment

• Jorgecasas10
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2020
                      • Send PM

I actually wanted the team to try the trade for Anderson last year, but he's out of our price range now. And I don't trust one year wonders like Perriman, especially when the one solid year happens the season before they become a FA.
                      I dont trust one year wonders either but if he comes cheap it could be a low risk high reward type of signing

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Jorgecasas10 View Post

To me that would be a bad dream! Maybe if Anderson becomes a bargain priced guy. He is fast, but really has never put it all together. Reminds me of a Benjamin type, honestly.

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Jorgecasas10
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

To me that would be a bad dream! Maybe if Anderson becomes a bargain priced guy. He is fast, but really has never put it all together. Reminds me of a Benjamin type, honestly.

TG
                          Not true, both are fast and thats it
                          Robby has way better hands and is taller and anticipates better

Comment

Working...
                          X