• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

keep covering your tracks.... you basically said he sucked and that none of last year's QBs were worth much more than dung heap, and that prolly none of 'em would ever be starters, save perhaps for Murray, and.... big deal, you said that Stidham would go in the fourth.... so did most everyone else.

the question is: where did his value lie ?? was he a first round talent or a day three wanna be ?? you obviously pegged him for the latter, and....

all he did was kill it in his bowl game, pretty much aced the SB, and then he beats out the incumbent backup vet QB to Brady, and now ol' Bill is comfortable w/him as his starter going forward.

@least you've got one guy in your corner, and that's Hoyer, who prolly wouldn't've come back if he didn't think he had a shot @unseating Stidham.
    What I said was that class was a bunch of backups save for 1 maybe 2. Murray is one, Haskins should be #2. Minshew made a surprise showing but still not sure they are sticking with him.

As for everybody else saying Stidham was a 4th round talent.....there is one that didn't and that was you,.... that called him a franchise QB who wanted us to use our first round pick on him.

I'm not trying to pat myself in the back. He was an easy call for most everyone.
    That class was just weak asside from a couple QBs.

I don't care what he did in his college bowl game or the senior bowl. He was drafted in the 4th round based in his game film. Didn't increase his Stock unless they thought even less of him beforehand.

Hoyer is a nobody as well but he does have experience. They will draft another QB and all three will compete.
    Maybe Stidham can beat out the much traveled Hoyer, but they didn't sign him because they thought Stidham was a lock to start.
    ​​​​​​Be interesting to see who they draft.
    11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
    35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
    37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
    66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
    69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
    100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
    110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
    140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
    181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
    225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Kingcrimson
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Tyrod Taylor's Browns highlights for those that look only at stats and numbers. From the 10 quarters of football he played before suffering a concussion.

On another note, why are we not discussing Easton Stick? we really gonna put him out there if Taylor gets injured.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Kingcrimson View Post

Tyrod Taylor's Browns highlights for those that look only at stats and numbers. From the 10 quarters of football he played before suffering a concussion.

On another note, why are we not discussing Easton Stick? we really gonna put him out there if Taylor gets injured.
        How can you ignore the stats? Those highlights are nice, but only show his good plays not his overall play. He only completed 49.4% of his passes with 2 TDs and 2 interceptions, fumbled 3 times and was sacked 13 times in the 3 games he played before he got hurt. In comparison, Mayfield completed 63.8% of his passes with 27 TDs, 13 interceptions and was sacked 25 times in 13 games for the rest of the season with the same coaching staff and players. If you want to make the case for Taylor, his time in Cleveland doesn't exactly help out as he was badly outplayed by Mayfield.

Comment

• Sb4Rivers
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2019
          • Send PM

Here is what they need:
          7ft, 300lbs, runs 4.09 forty.
          can throw ball down field and run it down with 100% catch accuracy.

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

How can you ignore the stats? Those highlights are nice, but only show his good plays not his overall play. He only completed 49.4% of his passes with 2 TDs and 2 interceptions, fumbled 3 times and was sacked 13 times in the 3 games he played before he got hurt. In comparison, Mayfield completed 63.8% of his passes with 27 TDs, 13 interceptions and was sacked 25 times in 13 games for the rest of the season with the same coaching staff and players. If you want to make the case for Taylor, his time in Cleveland doesn't exactly help out as he was badly outplayed by Mayfield.
            Same names don't mean same games.
            The stats indicate a solid probability that Mayfield was better but it isn't a direct comparison. Every play, every game is different. To be more specific we need to see tape of both QBs in the same plays with same personnel vs same D's. It would more enlightening.
            I'll side with probability in general too but completely understand someone who has watched a lot of Taylor's games having a different opinion.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Sb4Rivers View Post
              Here is what they need:
              7ft, 300lbs, runs 4.09 forty.
              can throw ball down field and run it down with 100% catch accuracy.
              That was my h.s.coach’s grandma.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• boldarblood
                Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

That was my h.s.coach’s grandma.
                haha nice quote

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by boldarblood View Post
                  Love that movie.

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Shock&Awe
                    Great White North
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

The thing is the stats aren't good, in any metric. Anyone can look good on a four minute highlight reel on Youtube. I can put together a mean six minutes of JaMarcus Russell if you're interested.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Shock&Awe View Post

The thing is the stats aren't good, in any metric. Anyone can look good on a four minute highlight reel on Youtube. I can put together a mean six minutes of JaMarcus Russell if you're interested.
                      not interested

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Kingcrimson
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

Shock&Awe

No, no. Not praising him or arguing for him. I’ve already accepted that some people just see him differently and that’s okay. Just showing some tape of him for those who only ever saw stats of him.

He holds on the ball too long, but is surprisingly accurate on deep balls. Here’s another. When he had actual weapons in Harvin, Watkins, Woods, a younger McCoy. I expect to see version of Tyrod more than the later Bills, Cleveland version. MW gonna have a good year.

Comment

• Shock&Awe
                          Great White North
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Shock&Awe

No, no. Not praising him or arguing for him. I’ve already accepted that some people just see him differently and that’s okay. Just showing some tape of him for those who only ever saw stats of him.

He holds on the ball too long, but is surprisingly accurate on deep balls. Here’s another. When he had actual weapons in Harvin, Watkins, Woods, a younger McCoy. I expect to see version of Tyrod more than the later Bills, Cleveland version. MW gonna have a good year.
                          He was pretty okay with Buffalo. I by no means see him as a long-term solution, but I also have no obligations to him starting here to redshirt the rookie. He's good enough where if our defense plays to their potential we can eek out a wildcard. The conference as a whole is really mediocre other than KC and Baltimore.

Comment

Working...
                          X