• Show
Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Tua moving and spinning it. Looks good in shorts. Durability boy is the ?

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

:nod:

Yo Bob Quinn.
      We'll talk.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• PR#1
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

unbreakable.jpg

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
          Ah Mr. Glass. Made me laugh a little.

We need a David Dunn. An indestructible football player. Only worry would be road games where it is raining.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Oh, the footwork.
            Can you slide like Russell ?

So many picky little bitches 'round here...
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• JOJAX85
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2018
              • Irmo, SC
              • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
              Add a pink & teal bonnet, some white wide rim glasses & a sequined #1 jersey. Then it could be GLASS II:. Hey, Guuuuurrlll!

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

You think an OL is going to elevate us to some level...elite maybe? are you twisting my words here ?? where did I call for an elite (level) dividend by drafting an OT ??

Oline is a smart, PON pick...but you aren't listening. 'tis eye that is not listening ?? you prefer to bust @6 overall ??

We don't have a fan base. I think it's down to just us on the Powder Blues...LOL. aahhh Lone B.... eye hear you, and.... what's done is done.... would be so nice to move back to Diego.

I'm saying it makes sense to be brave, and make the selection, to take a swing at landing the next great, famous, and popular signal caller in this league. It is about winning, but it is also a lot about reinventing the identity of this team. People aren't going to come see Wirfs, or buy a Thomas jersey. We are talking reality here. reality for me is having a stout Oline, rather than another China Doll first round pick that is likely to call it a career (much) earlier than later

Hell, Wirfs may not even start this year, on this line. (Forget your fantasy about moving him inside for awhile) So you are gonna spend a 6 on a boring player, who may not even play this year, all while you are moving into your new stadium? again think you're twisting my words.... you see it as a fantasy, eye have called him a RT and even shared how some have him penciled in @LT, and yeah if he can play guard, all the better if and when need be

Maybe...just maybe, if Lynn has got TT talked into Jalen Hurts, I could see the move. Hurts has a good following, might be very successful in a system designed around his strengths early in his career...he is gonna sell some jerseys, attract some fans... and again the odds are against him, and would rather spend the draft capital on a Cesar Ruiz and/or Prince Tega Wanogho…. build the lines, 'specially given that the better/safer talent is sitting there.

But still...you are missing the point. Tua is as big a figure in football as there is right now...even bigger than Burrow... (everyone knows where Joe is going). What reason do you think the Chargers had for going after Brady? Winning a SB? TT and coach saw the same thing we did...Brady is way past his prime, and is no longer a top 5 QB...maybe not even top 10. Brady was about filling stands, selling jerseys, and building the fan base going into the new stadium....he might have got us some wins, a playoff appearance...but it was all about going into that new stadium with a bang...the nation's eyes on the Chargers and their new digs and new rags... agreed, and.... TB12 is not an injury risk per se, or @least anything like Tua who is Verrett x10 the injury risk.

Wirfs is my favorite olineman...love Simmons...and am an underdog fan of Justing Herbert...and I too am a little scared of Tua's health issues (but only a little, I think the hip was a freak accident)...but when trying to accurately predict what the Chargers should and will do, it's obvious. Tua...and probably by trading up. Best steel yourselves for it...
                sorry.... no chance, and you're right.... will be mighty disappointed if we select a QB, let alone Tua, and never mind trading up.... b!asphemy !!

ps. there is one other little caveat that wasn't mentioned, i.e. Mr. Telesco would prolly like to keep his job.... how are his job prospects if Tua does what a lot of us suspect.... gets hurt, and w/the quickness ?? and ditto for Wills.... what if he isn't all that (wonder how some of the other prospects would be w/inside counters if they had #65 playin' OG next to 'em ?) and he's not much if any better than ol' Fluker ?? or if Becton allows more pressures/sacks than most anyone here is proffering, or gets a bit lazy w/his weight management, or.... what if he hedged his bets and took Wirfs or AT, two guys that have shown little to no reason that they're gonna bust.... better safe than sorry, no ??

RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                  This. ^
                  and just for the record, if it had been last year and peoples here were touting the likes of Tillery, Greg Little or any other less than Jake lineman in last year's draft, and in lieu of QB Jarrett Stidham.... woulda rolled my eyes and claimed you guys were outta yer tree, and.... no matter how far fetched it woulda, coulda, and shoulda seemed.

same thing this year, just that the shoe's on the other foot.... eye like Wirfs a whole hellah lot better than any of the QBs, and.... don't want to put our org in the (likely) position to bust (again).
                  RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Before I play matchmaker, though, I want to address one team that you won't find attached to a QB below: the New England Patriots. Obviously, everyone's wondering how New England will replace Brady. But personally, I don't see Bill Belichick and Co. drafting a QB early. I've been told the Pats are very high on Jarrett Stidham, expecting the 2019 fourth-rounder to be their guy next season and into the foreseeable future.
                    all eye gotta say is.... Lone B. and the rest of all y'all…. where were you last year ?? !!

ps. and also woulda, coulda, shoulda taken Marcus rather than Justin....

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

and just for the record, if it had been last year and peoples here were touting the likes of Tillery, Greg Little or any other less than Jake lineman in last year's draft, and in lieu of QB Jarrett Stidham.... woulda rolled my eyes and claimed you guys were outta yer tree, and.... no matter how far fetched it woulda, coulda, and shoulda seemed.

same thing this year, just that the shoe's on the other foot.... eye like Wirfs a whole hellah lot better than any of the QBs, and.... don't want to put our org in the (likely) position to bust (again).
                      Ive always said Stidham wasnt worth a 1st round pick that you wanted us to use n him and said he was a 4th...which is where he went...bottom of the 4th at that.

They say the Pats are high on him but you just watch them draft another QB. Fromm, Love, Eason or even Hurts. Stidham isnt going to be handed that job. And they already signed Hoyer again lol.
                      Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-24-2020, 05:02 PM.
                      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                      181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                      225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• PR#1
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Bengals raving over Herbert from senior bowl.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Ive always said Stidham wasnt worth a 1st round pick that you wanted us to use n him and said he was a 4th...which is where he went...bottom of the 4th at that.

They say the Pats are high on him but you just watch them draft another QB. Fromm, Love, Eason or even Hurts. Stidham isnt going to be handed that job. And they already signed Hoyer again lol.
                          keep covering your tracks.... you basically said he sucked and that none of last year's QBs were worth much more than dung heap, and that prolly none of 'em would ever be starters, save perhaps for Murray, and.... big deal, you said that Stidham would go in the fourth.... so did most everyone else.

the question is: where did his value lie ?? was he a first round talent or a day three wanna be ?? you obviously pegged him for the latter, and....

all he did was kill it in his bowl game, pretty much aced the SB, and then he beats out the incumbent backup vet QB to Brady, and now ol' Bill is comfortable w/him as his starter going forward.

@least you've got one guy in your corner, and that's Hoyer, who prolly wouldn't've come back if he didn't think he had a shot @unseating Stidham.

Comment

Working...
                          X