Could Cam Newton Be Coming To The Chargers?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post

And accentuate the U. Brits ain’t afraid to overuse every vowel and even ad some like Al-U-min-ium instead of aluminum
    Thats unusual - take most any word over 3 syllables and they start dropping syllables like they are invisible. Everyone knows Worcestershire - where did that second syllable go? Yeah - they just say fuck it, too many. thats common as shit to just give up somewhere in the middle of long name words. And forget any W in the middle of any name, its not there. Warwick = Warrick.

I worked at Ford when they owned Jag —- spent 6 months over there. Fabulous times. those guys were quite adamant that there’s now “w” in jag-u-ar
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      Herm Edwards is hearing things.
      You've been warned.

opcorn:
      they need to put butts in the seats desperately; i think some people here should be afraid......very. very afraid.
      :bertstare:

Comment

• Kingcrimson
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

they need to put butts in the seats desperately; i think some people here should be afraid......very. very afraid.
        If we did sign cam newton my dumbass would find a reason to be optimistic about it.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Kingcrimson View Post

If we did sign cam newton my dumbass would find a reason to be optimistic about it.
          ditto
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

still blown out how peoples are so married to a QB in this draft.... Herbert is not a top five talent, and Tua is more like a fifth round gambit, and....

last year the first OT off the board went @11.... this year all four of 'em could be off the board by then.

this is the year for an OT.... a WR or WIL would be nice, and.... when you finish this low, it's not skill position players that you are lacking.

build the lines and be patient.... our QB will be there when we are ready.

Cam is less of an injury risk than Tua and likely the better talent than Herbert.
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Maniaque 6
              French Speaking Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Québec city
              • Send PM

The Chargers had an elite QB for what, 30 of the 50 last years ?
              What we got ?

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

still blown out how peoples are so married to a QB in this draft.... Herbert is not a top five talent, and Tua is more like a fifth round gambit, and....

last year the first OT off the board went @11.... this year all four of 'em could be off the board by then.

this is the year for an OT.... a WR or WIL would be nice, and.... when you finish this low, it's not skill position players that you are lacking.

Cam is less of an injury risk than Tua and likely the better talent than Herbert.
                And yet he's still sitting out there at bargain rate - in a league desperate for quarterbacks.

I have no idea what they would get in Cam Newton.

Still, I'd prefer the Chargers kick his tires instead of selecting Herbert at #6.
                I think tua goes before that.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                  The Precious
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

Cam for QB 2020 :salute:

Comment

• boltfanseattle
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

1. Get simmons in round 1
                    2. Get one of the top 4 tackles that fall into round 2. Austin Jackson or Wirfs
                    3. Sign Cam after Draft.

Super Bowl

Comment

• chargerkdb
                      Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Thats unusual - take most any word over 3 syllables and they start dropping syllables like they are invisible. Everyone knows Worcestershire - where did that second syllable go? Yeah - they just say fuck it, too many. thats common as shit to just give up somewhere in the middle of long name words. And forget any W in the middle of any name, its not there. Warwick = Warrick.

I worked at Ford when they owned Jag —- spent 6 months over there. Fabulous times. those guys were quite adamant that there’s now “w” in jag-u-ar
                      If you got hit in the head you could be disoriented unless you’re a Brit in which case you would be disorientated. Separated by a common language. Michigan pronounced Mich-again in U.K. My wife English and we rarely have a conversation when one of us isn’t correcting the other on pronunciation

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by boltfanseattle View Post
                        1. Get simmons in round 1
                        2. Get one of the top 4 tackles that fall into round 2. Austin Jackson or Wirfs
                        3. Sign Cam after Draft.

Super Bowl
                        Simmons round 1. Check
                        Neither is a top 5 OT.
                        Possible option.
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

We have been yelling for a OT in the first round for YEARS! Picking 6th and needing a QB for the future and you think we are going OT this year?

I wouldnt hold your breath on that. Yes, i agree we can land a good one but i dont see it happening. I can see them drafting a OC in case Pouncey cant come back and even if he does, he is close to done.

If Herbert is there they will pull the trigger, if he isnt then OT or Simmons is nice and they go Hurts probably later. Wouldnt surprise me if TT trades up to insure he lands Herbert or the China Doll.

Again, not what i would do, think thats their direction.

Comment

Working...
                          X