Could Cam Newton Be Coming To The Chargers?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
    What are the chances Herbert will become the next D. Brees ?
    idk
    what's his relationship to his mom like?
    OHHHH....
    P1. Block Destruction
    P2. Shocking Effort
    P3. Ball Disruption
    P4. Obnoxious Communication

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He did, but like ive mentioned many times, and if you saw his games, he threw a ton of 0 to 5 yard quick passes. Clemons can complete those.

He had some issues throwing 10 to 15 yards because his footwork wasnt good and he rushed the throws or didnt set. He just needs a lot work on that.
      so is he off your board, or would you prefer to draft him later in the first as you stated earlier ??

and for you.... Simmons >> OT >> Herbert.... correct ??
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

so is he off your board, or would you prefer to draft him later in the first as you stated earlier ??

and for you.... Simmons >> OT >> Herbert.... correct ??
        I'd draft him, but don't like it at #6. I'd prefer round 2 but don't think he makes it much past 6 so we have much choice IF he is the one they want. Trade down and somebody will jump in front of them.

GMs don't seem to see the same things when it comes to QBs. They just seem to panic when it comes to the said top QBs and have a need for one.

So ideally, yes I'd go Simmons or Young.
        I don't like the prospect of Love in the second. Don't like him that early. Would prefer Eason and Hurts to Love. Hurts in the 3rd though.

I'd be in for Tua if he wasn't so fragile.

Comment

• ETicket
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Joeyxfresco View Post

That’s a bad take based off of a horrible narrative around Cam. Coming from a Panthers fan he’s probably the least selfish guy on the roster since he was drafted.
          Well that's your take and that's fine. Plenty of evidence out there to the support my opinion, but I don't have the time or inclination to argue Cam's level of selfishness. We can just agree to disagree.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Joeyxfresco View Post

That’s a bad take based off of a horrible narrative around Cam. Coming from a Panthers fan he’s probably the least selfish guy on the roster since he was drafted.
            People around here are hating on Cam because of his style IMV.

We have a former league MVP, healthy again per recent Panthers directed physical, and a very competitive, prideful man at that.

Newton has a gigantic chip on his shoulder, and a potential opportunity for a fresh start with the Bolts.

This adds up to something that must be given serious consideration.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

We have a former league MVP, healthy again per recent Panthers directed physical, and a very competitive, prideful man at that.

Newton has a gigantic chip on his shoulder, and a potential opportunity for a fresh start with the Bolts.

Nobody else is talking to the former MVP, just a few years removed...that adds up to something in my mind, to be sure...

Do we really want to be pursuing, when everyone else is eschewing?:shrug:
              The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Nobody else is talking to the former MVP, just a few years removed...that adds up to something in my mind, to be sure...

Risk rewrd problem. Cam probably feels he's worth $20+ million and doesn't understand he's an injury concern. Cam actually might be better off seeing how things go after the draft. He might have to accept a lower base salary with incentives if he wants to climb back onto the horse.
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• SYB
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

One of the biggest ever, and rightfully so. Carolina did him dirty.

And don't discount having an entire season of zero contact to let the body get back to being right. He's gonna be fresh AF, in addition to wanting to silence his doubters. I'm honestly worried he goes to the Raiduhs and we have to face him twice a year.

Comment

• Boltsfan70
                    East Coast Chargers Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • PA transplant living in S. Carolina
                    • Send PM

I live near the Panthers training camp and the people in this area love Cam. Think about this if you are not a Chargers fan you hate Rivers with the way he talks trash on the the field and his attitude. I have always liked cam other than his goofy fashion.

Comment

• SYB
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Who knows what Carolina was asking for? And all the seats were gone once he finally got released. Carolina knew at the combine that they didn't have a trade partner, yet held on to him deep into FA. The pricks didn't even let him go once they signed Teddy B or PJ Walker.

Comment

• Kingcrimson
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

We can say this about the majority of QBs in the league right now.

“the Chargers will be the most talented team ____(insert QB)____ has ever been on.”

Even MVP Cam didn’t have this well balanced of a team in ‘15.

Comment

• Joeyxfresco
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ETicket View Post

Well that's your take and that's fine. Plenty of evidence out there to the support my opinion, but I don't have the time or inclination to argue Cam's level of selfishness. We can just agree to disagree.
                          What do you mean? I watched the dude for the last 9 years. You won’t bother finding evidence because there isn’t any. This is the same guy who “selfishly” gave away footballs after EVERY single TD and who doesn’t want press at his smaller charity events because McNair taught him that good deeds don’t need to be rewarded. He never threw his teammates under the bus even when they lost games and he always found way to include his all teammates, practice squad, third stringers or starters, in anything that could make them better or make them money such as Under Amour events and other small stuff around Charlotte.

Comment

Working...
                          X