• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Millionaire Wussy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Here's someone that was curious about Strat Online Baseball and I gave them some info...I think it's very helpful stuff for the newbie.

Here's the link to the following post on the Strat message board (for online baseball)...http://forum.onlinegames.strat-o-mat...rt=10#p5502202

Re: New Member

PostMon Oct 13, 2014 8:39 am

Plan B wrote:Yes I've seen the free trial league is going to take some time to fill. As for the keeper leagues though is that something that is only available in private leagues and must be set up prior to the league? I don't know how that part works and if it's worth being in a league that ends in one season.

Hi Plan B, I know someone who runs (Commissioner) a few Keeper leagues here. I can ask him if he has any openings in any of his leagues.

There's also something you may do yourself to see if there are any openings in a Keeper league. Just go over to the "Individual league chat" (THIS: viewforum.php?f=11) portion of this message board and create a new thread like you did here and state that you are looking to join a Keeper league when a spot opens up. They can contact you either through Personal Message here at this board or email - in the event a league Commissioner is looking to fill a league. You might want to leave an email.

There's more to learn with Keeper leagues as opposed to normal auto-draft leagues that end in one season but if you find some people that help you along you should be fine. I can give you assistance most of the time. You can PM me or email me at fredpaii@yahoo.com and put "Strat" in the subject heading so I know it's you.

I have to ask this. I recently put some Strat information up at the Chargers message board, thepowderblues.com, and was wondering if that's where you found this message board (the link). Is it? Just curious.

I would concur with istrether by the way in his advice to play the regular 2013 season first. Makes the most sense in my opinion for a beginner. In fact, I would try the auto-draft season league before I would attempt the Keeper leagues for sure. There's a lot going on in Keeper leagues and it may get overwhelming if you're a newbie. Hell, it overwhelmed me and I was not a newbie.

There's some golden material for newbies like yourself written by past and current members here. I'll look for it and put it here when i find it.

Read through this thread and be sure to open any links within the written material...

THIS: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=631692

I don't see a specific analysis of the 2013 Strat season set from that thread I listed for you but you can gain a lot of Strat wisdom by reading through that material nonetheless. And like i said, you can always ask folks here any questions you may have.

For the record, I've only played one 2013 season. But I did win the Championship for that league. 8-) I can still help you out.

Anyhow, take care and don't be afraid to ask the board here or myself as many questions as you like.

Here's something about reading the cards. You need to know about this. It would definitely help (this is from the Questiona nd Answers section of this board (from the Strat-O-Matic people themselves).

Q: Is there a beginner’s guide to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online?
    A: The best way to learn about Baseball Online is by going to the help page located here: http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/help/rules. Besides the rules of the game itself there are links to help you learn how to read a hitters card (http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/help/hittercard) or a pitchers card (http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/help/pitchercard). If you still have questions after going through those pages just ask us and we will be glad to help. Also, you can use the forum to ask a question as there are plenty of very knowledgeable people right here that can help you.
    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• thelightningwill
      Go Aztecs and Pads
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Sec-E4 View Post
      Saints fans are jumping off the Bandwagon ! Everyone there wants Brees & Payton gone asap..LOL
      I glanced over on the Saints forum, And all their Fans think the sky is falling !

The same goes for the Patriots Fans
      Saints suck. I like how the Saints fans get so much credit for being "real fans." I remember when they used to show up with bags over their heads calling themselves the 'Aints. Saints fans aren't any different than any other team's fans.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

Aint All Dat logo:
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
          Aint All Dat logo:
          How much online Strat baseball have you played? How did you fare?

Comment

• thelightningwill
            Go Aztecs and Pads
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
            Aint All Dat logo:
            Dat's wuh day get just sittin dare a la la waitin for dare ya ya.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

Time to get this ya yas out
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Yeah baby!

I win the Championship in six games!

Here's the team page with the words "Won the Championship" in green at top left.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Good Omen?

"Alien Territory" wins the Championship in five games. I put myself in a pickle by going on a bad streak - loss 13 of 15 - but I won my last six regular season games to force a playoff qualiifying tie-breaker (which I won by having the better record against the other team with the same w-l record). Then I won the best of five series in four games and finally the best of seven in five games to win the Championship. Will the Chargers step up like Alien Territory did? It looked bad for the Aliens but they did some probing and things went north! What will the Chargers do??

Regular season schedule...

Championship Alien Territory team...

Post season scores...

EDIT: Btw, this was a "best of 1970's Mystery Card" league. Check out Jim Rice's simulated totals. He had a great season for me.
                  Last edited by Millionaire Wussy; 11-22-2014, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

In case anyone's interested. Strat-o-matic baseball is still going strong - online version.

If you want help getting a team started just let me know here. Or hit one of my links and go to the "start a new team" icon/link.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Hey. This is where we can trash talk Yubaking. Can we let him back in for old time's sake? I mean - a better nose tackle would have helped this season.

Comment

• bonehead
                        Undrafted
                        • Jul 2013
                        • TBD
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

I imagine he's gotten over the Chargers not drafting Louis Nix
                        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                          I imagine he's gotten over the Chargers not drafting Louis Nix
                          He still hasnt got over not drafting that bust John Jenkins. Whined about it til the day he was banned.

As for fantasy baseball....hell no! The season is way too long for that.

Comment

Working...
                          X