• La Costa Boy
    Pretty much retired......
    • Sep 2018
    • JoJa
    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
    Just kids - I turned 85 a few days ago. :uplol:
    Turned 60 on the 5th. Nice to know I am a young buck somewhere........

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Turned 60 on the 5th. Nice to know I am a young buck somewhere........
      My birthday is the 6th - guess that makes you one day older.:hello:
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
        Just kids - I turned 85 a few days ago. :uplol:
        Wow....good for you old dude...
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Pundits keep writing articles about the Bolts trading Keenan Allen. There is another one that was posted withing the past 24 hours. I won't bother to link it because it makes no sense. It makes no sense to even consider jettisoning KA. He is barely 28 years old and he is a 3 time Pro Bowler. He is exactly the type of WR you want for a young QB: An 8-year veteran who is consistently open on anywhere on the field, who catches everything in his radius. On top of that, KA, IMO, is face of the franchise with the departure of Rivers. He's been with the Bolts his entire career and overcome injury adversity to prove himself as one of the best in the league, one of the best who has ever played the position in franchise history. Like Antonio Gates, KA should be a Charger lifer.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Wow....good for you old dude...
            Thank you, young dude!
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              Pundits keep writing articles about the Bolts trading Keenan Allen. There is another one that was posted withing the past 24 hours. I won't bother to link it because it makes no sense. It makes no sense to even consider jettisoning KA. He is barely 28 years old and he is a 3 time Pro Bowler. He is exactly the type of WR you want for a young QB: An 8-year veteran who is consistently open on anywhere on the field, who catches everything in his radius. On top of that, KA, IMO, is face of the franchise with the departure of Rivers. He's been with the Bolts his entire career and overcome injury adversity to prove himself as one of the best in the league, one of the best who has ever played the position in franchise history. Like Antonio Gates, KA should be a Charger lifer.
              I agree. But I don't believe the owners believe in having lifers. They’re all here one year at a time.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                I wouldnt worry about it. There were articles of trading Rivers for a couple years and never happened. Tyrod needs to have elite WRs so why trade him?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I wouldnt worry about it. There were articles of trading Rivers for a couple years and never happened. Tyrod needs to have elite WRs so why trade him?
                  I am not even sure what the value for a soon to be 30 year old WR in the last year of his deal is. The numbers KA13 have put up are impressive - 3 straight years of 90/1000+. But the Chargers would probably get like a 3rd round pick for him. Meaning - he is worth more than what he would get.

Comment

• Classic
                    Hall Of Fame
                    • Dec 2014
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I am not even sure what the value for a soon to be 30 year old WR in the last year of his deal is. The numbers KA13 have put up are impressive - 3 straight years of 90/1000+. But the Chargers would probably get like a 3rd round pick for him. Meaning - he is worth more than what he would get.
                    I think its certainly possible to get a late 1st round pick. He maybe 30 but he plays in way that prolongs his career. If remember correctly didn't Sam Bradford net a 1st round pick from the Vikings when the Eagles traded him? He may have been a QB but he was never the Elite player that Allen is at his position.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

He just turned 28 in April lol.

You're like my Wife. Get on the wrong side of a number and you move up to the next decade. When i was 56, she says, " your almost 60". But in football years this is more crucial. Just turning 28 is a good thing compared to being 30 now. Another 4 year deal would be good for him.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He just turned 28 in April lol.

You're like my Wife. Get on the wrong side of a number and you move up to the next decade. When i was 56, she says, " your almost 60". But in football years this is more crucial. Just turning 28 is a good thing compared to being 30 now. Another 4 year deal would be good for him.
                        thanks for the clarification

I don't even want a late first for KA - I want to keep him!

Comment

• FarAwayBoltFan
                          San Diego Native
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Farmington, NM
                          • Send PM

I don't even want a late first for KA - I want to keep him!
                          I want to keep KA too. But, given how many contracts expire next year and the apparent lack of motivation by TT/Spanos to get extensions done, I could see the team moving some of the players while they still have a bit of value.

Comment

Working...
                          X