• Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Keenan Allen is the best route runner in the league and a top five WR talent. You don't trade a WR of his caliber when you are about to draft the QB who you want to groom as the franchise QB for the next decade. You want to give your young QB all the help you can give him, set him up to succeed. After KA, there is quite a drop-off at WR. Mike Williams is fair to midlands. After Mike Williams, there is nobody. The WR depth cupboard is bare on this team right now. Can you imagine the passing game without KA, with MW as the No. 1 guy drawing double and triple coverage because there is nobody else on the depth chart who scares defenses? There isn't a WR of KA's caliber on the free agent market. Given this team's needs, WR is not going to be the 1st or 2nd priority in the draft, maybe not even the 3rd. And there isn't going to be a WR of KA's abilities on the board after the Chargers have filled their top priorities.

Comment

• Craig440
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
      and re: Keenan,and no matter how much we've enjoyed watching him as a Charger, just don't like the thought of going forward w/a Larry Fitzgeraldesque roster.

the more eye get w/things, the more eye appreciate the value of a complete and more balanced roster, which entails not overpaying for QBs, WRs, RBs, pass rushers, CBs or most any other position, and rather moving on via the accumulation of draft picks and cap space.

hahahahaha What? Help me here Fleet. Eye not sure what is what.

Comment

• alex8080
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

limited depth at wr to begin with. just look at production of lac #3 wr last year. and i mean strictly wr
        time to get 2 wr late in 2020 draft or 1 early

Comment

• bartman83642
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
          even with Keenan I really dont think we're going to the POs let alone the SB. I just dont see it in this team. that way I can be pleasantly surprised if we do make it
          Optimistic pessimism. Gotta love it!

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Get used to them. We have several players that will be attractive across the league and plenty of guys who are productive who will be FA next offseason.

Ingram, Allen, H. Henry, Pouncey, Bosa, Perryman, Taylor, Mike Williams (depending on whether we pick up the 5th year option), Forrest Lamp (if he has a good season), Dan Feeney (if he has good season), Rochell, Jenkins, King.

We have just shy of $129 mill in cap space, but even with some of the low performers leaving, and older guys either taking less (or leaving) there will be some tough choices. We can also (potentially) carry over some of the excess from this season to next.
            Bosa, Henry, Mike should be locks. Allen may be too pricey but not sure. Id like for him to be our Hines Ward and finish out his career with us. But that wont be cheap.

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              They are coming from articles that are merely suggesting the chargers should trade him since hes a FA at seasons end. Here is one example.

​​​​​​https://www.12up.com/posts/eagles-ch...s-01e5bqacbrn0
              it makes sense..... Chargers are in process of rebuilding the offense. KA is a good WR with great quickness and rout running ability in short to medium ranges but he is no deep threat and he has a tendency of firing up our opponents with stupid taunts and tweets right before big games...... that kind of stuff would not fly with bellycheat.....

If he is due for a huge contract after this year and someone wants to give us more draft capital we can use to get our next great QB, then do it,,,,, there are alot of talented WR's in this draft...... our WR's are going to be receiving passes from a new QB anyway...... so they will all be learning..... and the QB and scheme makes the receivers......

If CIN would take Bosa and our number 1 for the first pick so we could get Burrow, I would do that in a heartbeat..... QB is way more valuable than any other position..... Is Bosa or any pass rusher worth the 100 million he will want next year? Since we cannot hold receivers, fast ones get open in 2 seconds or less...... that's why no matter how good your pass rush is, its almost impossible to get to brady or other great QB's before they throw......

Interesting that Patriots keep letting expensive players leave but they pay big money to QB and cover guys and generate a pass rush through design, not by having a great pass rusher......

as a GM....TT has to plan for long term......

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

good chance we draft 2 wrs imo
                G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Silversurfer
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Los Angeles
                  • Send PM

Actually been seeing more Trade Desmond King articles.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

If I’m Keenan I probably want out from this dumpster fire organization. Why would he want to spend his NFL prime training a rookie or leaping for off target throws from Tyrod?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                      good chance we draft 2 wrs imo
                      Mine too
                      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                      181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                      225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                        If I’m Keenan I probably want out from this dumpster fire organization. Why would he want to spend his NFL prime training a rookie or leaping for off target throws from Tyrod?
                        He knows what he is getting from Tyrod from practicing with him. We dont know how he feels. It isnt like he will take a rookie asside and give him private lessons. A rook if he is smart will watch Keenan run routes and ask questions. All players will give advice if they want their team to win.

But who knows, maybe he would like to move on. Money talks but if i were a player, id want out of LA because LA sucks lol.
                        11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                        35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                        37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                        66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                        69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                        100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                        110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                        140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                        181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                        225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
                          Actually been seeing more Trade Desmond King articles.
                          I just heard that today.
                          it's getting annoying
                          I just have always wanted to see our D with an elite secondary
                          G-Ro knows.

Comment

Working...
                          X