• Show
Clear All
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

Watch Oliver on his blitz pickup. You never really know who is supposed to block who, but damn if he isn't the best rookie RB at pass protection I have ever seen. And none of this weak ass cut block shit, he runs right up to the blitzer and hits him in the chest before the guy comes through the line.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      Watch Oliver on his blitz pickup. You never really know who is supposed to block who, but damn if he isn't the best rookie RB at pass protection I have ever seen. And none of this weak ass cut block shit, he runs right up to the blitzer and hits him in the chest before the guy comes through the line.
      I wish we could put Oliver on the d-line too.
      For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Beerman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Eastlake
        • Send PM

Not ready to disparage Matthews just yet, he had a tremendous run last year that carried us to the post season. It's not like the guy isn't talented - he's just very frustrating to root for sometimes.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
          Not ready to disparage Matthews just yet, he had a tremendous run last year that carried us to the post season. It's not like the guy isn't talented - he's just very frustrating to root for sometimes.
          Hoping big time we get Mathews healthy again pretty soon. Can you imagine what a one-two punch that will be w/Oliver? I'm a big Mathews fan. He showed me he can put a team on his shoulders last December (even when hurting).
          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• blahblahblah
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2013
            • Send PM

He's very talented, and I don't want him anywhere near the ball with the game on the line.

Comment

• SFW
              PB Official Game Thread Starter
              • Jul 2013
              • NY
              • USMC
              • Send PM

I agree. I like Mathews and think he is a really good RB. We should be able to celebrate Oliver without putting down Mathews. Personally I like what I see from Oliver but he has only done it for two full games. I want to see him continue to play well and stay healthy.
              1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
              2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
              3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
              4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
              5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
              6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
              7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Oliver

Originally posted by blahblahblah View Post
                He's very talented, and I don't want him anywhere near the ball with the game on the line.
                Agreed. Oliver is the future. Mathews is done here. They'll draft someone in the mid rounds to replace him. That said, Mathews can still help us this year.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blahblahblah View Post
                  You mean like he was last year?

Comment

• Thunder Thighs
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Oliver's blocking in two games is better thananything Mathews ever did, it seems. When he was in, Ronnie Brown was lights out as a blocker today, I thought.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
                      Agreed. Oliver is the future. Mathews is done here. They'll draft someone in the mid rounds to replace him. That said, Mathews can still help us this year.
                      Agree but Oliver isnt THE future. He is a part of the future. He doubt he will be our cowbell all year long. He is forced into it now. He is a stout short guy but when others are healthy, he will share the load. Where Mathews falls into to that, i dont know. I guess it depends on how much he asks for. I doubt he will get a big deal. They may let him walk as well. Donald Brown has been terrible imo.
                      Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-12-2014, 05:13 PM.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Oliver is an every down back though. That's where he differs from sproles. I didn't really like how Ronnie was in on every third down. He does nothing that oliver can't do himself.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Btw is it safe to say draughn gets cut when Mathews comes back?

Comment

Working...
                          X