• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Really excited about BO. With virtually no holes to run through he just gets it done. Kid will only get better.

Comment

• Sec-E4
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2014
      • Arizona
      • Send PM

I heard Bo43 wears a belly high sleeveless t shirt, With a Roos headband while pulling stacks of tires up the Hill at LT house

Comment

• TABF
        Por debajo del promedio
        • Jun 2013
        • SoCal
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Sec-E4 View Post
        I heard Bo43 wears a belly high sleeveless t shirt, With a Roos headband while pulling stacks of tires up the Hill at LT house
        Sweetness

Comment

• oneinchpunch
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I certainly have been critical of Mathews over the years but he played much better last season and I look forward to him coming back and being a big part of the backfield.
          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
            I certainly have been critical of Mathews over the years but he played much better last season and I look forward to him coming back and being a big part of the backfield.
            I agree. I'm still not sold on his (Matthews') ball protection - or pass protection, for that matter - but he can only help if he can return strong. 'Bo' is too small to get 30+ touches/game. But at least we'll never accuse him of running 'too high'.

All kidding aside...if Oliver can continue to develop, it can only hurt Mathews' chances of being re-signed. I like the sound of a DBrown-Oliver-Woodhead trio. I guess it will all depend on the money he'll want. Frankly, we need to re-sign Flowers, Wright, extend a couple of guys, AND go after a quality interior lineman, IMO.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
              I agree. I'm still not sold on his (Matthews') ball protection - or pass protection, for that matter - but he can only help if he can return strong. 'Bo' is too small to get 30+ touches/game. But at least we'll never accuse him of running 'too high'.

All kidding aside...if Oliver can continue to develop, it can only hurt Mathews' chances of being re-signed. I like the sound of a DBrown-Oliver-Woodhead trio. I guess it will all depend on the money he'll want. Frankly, we need to re-sign Flowers, Wright, extend a couple of guys, AND go after a quality interior lineman, IMO.
              If they can resign Mathews to a decent deal that is friendly for us, id be fine with cutting Donald Brown. He hasn't shown dick. IMO Mathews is much better than him.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

But at least we'll never accuse him of running 'too high'.
                definitely not. In fact there are times I think he could be called for leading with his helmet
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                  If they can resign Mathews to a decent deal that is friendly for us, id be fine with cutting Donald Brown. He hasn't shown dick. IMO Mathews is much better than him.
                  Except in ball protection and pass protection. Did you know that DBrown has NEVER lost a fumble in his NFL career? I think I heard that stat in one of the games I've watched. And the guy can block. Oliver can be the lead back; DBrown can get his 10 touches/game. Woodhead returns to his pre-injury self. We don't really need Matthews. And I'm not thinking the guy is gonna settle for a "decent", "friendly" deal.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

I guess I am different than some. I want both Mathews and Donald Brown back to go along with BO.

Comment

• SFW
                      PB Official Game Thread Starter
                      • Jul 2013
                      • NY
                      • USMC
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                      I guess I am different than some. I want both Mathews and Donald Brown back to go along with BO.
                      I would love for all four (Mathews, Woodhead, Brown, Oliver) of them to return next season if possible. I don't see it happening but that would be one position that I would have total confidence in going into the season if it did happen.
                      1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
                      2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
                      3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
                      4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
                      5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
                      6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
                      7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

• Boltx
                        Dominate the day
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

If Mathews can come back healthy with his head on straight....having a trio of Mathews/Oliver/D-Brown hopefully headed into the playoffs would be VERY nice....
                        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Except in ball protection and pass protection. Did you know that DBrown has NEVER lost a fumble in his NFL career? I think I heard that stat in one of the games I've watched. And the guy can block. Oliver can be the lead back; DBrown can get his 10 touches/game. Woodhead returns to his pre-injury self. We don't really need Matthews. And I'm not thinking the guy is gonna settle for a "decent", "friendly" deal.
                          Im not worried about Mathews ball protection. He has been pretty good with that. There are very few RBs that dont fumble. Ben Jarvis Green Ellis is one of them and he isnt on a roster as far as i know right now and he has been better than D.Brown. Would you take Jamal Charles over Mathews? Of course you would, .....why? Because he is a better player but guess what? He fumbles more. So does Adrian Peterson and DeMarco Murray has 4 fumbles this season. Mathews is a better player than D. Brown. For this season id like to have Mathews, Brown and Oliver going down the stretch but since Woodhead is extended for next season and Mathews MAY be cheap, if one has to go, id cut Brown.

Now what the team decides to do is another thing. If they let Mathews walk then im ok with that too but he is a better player than Donald Brown which is all im saying

BTW, on another off topic note......i watched Miami's game today and i really liked WR Jarvis Landry in the draft and he looked good today. Very sure handed and quick and is returning kickoffs for them and had a couple good ones today as well as 6 catches and a TD. Hated that we waited till the 7th to get a WR from this class and then ended up cutting him.
                          Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-12-2014, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X