• Show
Clear All
  • PR#1
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Pretty brutal stuff.
    We all understand Lombo's shortcomings, but in play 2, Herbert just missed 2 wide open targets in the endzone with a sidearm motion. Probably injured but still, gotta make those simple throws.
    on the third and final play, I'm not sure I'm tracking or agreeing with everything O'Sullivan is saying. Lot's of different things can be signaling Herbert to bail.
    anyway, check it out, if you dare to rehash the L.
    I think on the end zone miss he threw side arm which causes the ball to sail high because your starting low and the ball ends up high.

A simple high to low throw, the arm starting at ear level finishing low is an easy toss. Receiver was wide open. No reason to miss that throw.

In herbies defense that Jax defense is for real. Everyone talks about Lawrence but the defense is why they were in the playoffs

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Herbert made a bad throw! With the playoffs in the balance! OK
      If you think that is his normal play, you probably haven't watched many Chargers games since he was drafted.
      Drop by in the coming postseason.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

“Did pretty well” is being modest. He has set records for all QBs in the history of sport his first 3 years. Of course anything “could be better” but to the rest of the crowd here who is critical of The Golden God … I say
        Wasn't arguing that he didn't play well . . . . . . . . I'm on record as saying without him the last 3 years this team would have had a difficult time winning more than 4 games / season. He's the only reason we win, and the best reason for optimism for the future. That being said - my original point was that his coaching support group (over the last 3 years) could have been MUCH better, and he could have been even better than he currently is . . . . . .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Pretty brutal stuff.
          We all understand Lombo's shortcomings, but in play 2, Herbert just missed 2 wide open targets in the endzone with a sidearm motion. Probably injured but still, gotta make those simple throws.
          on the third and final play, I'm not sure I'm tracking or agreeing with everything O'Sullivan is saying. Lot's of different things can be signaling Herbert to bail.
          anyway, check it out, if you dare to rehash the L.
          Ugh . . . . . . . . thanks but no thanks

Comment

• DerwinBosa
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Icebolt View Post

This ranting and yelling mentality that has permeated the NFL for decades just doesn't really apply. This does not make you a good coach or a great player. Tony Dungy was a great coach and I though he shattered this mentality of being a ranter. He was bypassed multiple times because of it. We have seen both types become great. M. Singletary was a quiet man who showed his mettle on the field. I could go an. The only thing I have seen about Herbert that concerns me is that he is hard on himself. That is a sign that he cares and cares a lot.
            I love his demeanor!
            Who says anything about Herbert needing to rant and yell? Did Austin Ekeler or Keenan Allen say Herbert needs to yell more? No. They said he needs to make it his team. He can do that just as Montana did with the 49ers in the 1980s.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2022
              • Send PM

I think you’re bitching about who he is as a person. I posted my view on that above, I won’t repeat it or what i think of what you just posted.
              I think you have reading comprehension issues. Or maybe you have as big of a crush on Herbert as George Constanza had on Elaine's boyfriend Tony.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2022
                • Send PM

What I take from this when i overlay this weird rambling post atop your posts in the Herbert thread about the same player, is that retaining a cogent consistent thought from thread to thread is not your strength.

Here, Herbie is the greatest but most misused QB ever who should leave the Chargers as soon as he can (nice Charger fan post, well done). Yet in his actual thread, you repeatedly post that he’s a deficient non-leader who must emulate Philip to become a great QB. Or was it Johnny U. Lol - the swirling in your head must be dizzying, hold onto that rail while descending stairs.
                Ugh, man. You are ridiculous.

I think Herbert has the potential to be the greatest quarterback in Chargers history. He's off to by far the best start a Chargers quarterback has ever had. Ekeler and Allen, who are privy to much more about what's going on than a "Herbie" fanboy such as yourself will ever know, have made it clear that Herbert needs to take the next step and take more control of the offense.That seems to be the biggest element missing from him reaching his full potential. Most people's reaction to that is, "OK, yeah, that makes sense. Herbert is still young and can grow." Your reaction has been, "#$%* Philip Rivers!" and if anyone else agrees with Allen and Ekeler that means they believe Herbert is a weak leader. It's completely asinine.

Herbert is not a finished product, and he could get better. You act like he's never thrown an incomplete pass. Once he does get better he could be in the same class that Brady, Peyton, or any other all-time great was in. You wrongly stated that Herbert was the best quarterback in the NFL heading into last season. I'm not sorry that I'm not in love with Herbert to the point that I'll make the argument that he's already the greatest quarterback in NFL history.

As far as what I said about what I would do if I were Herbert's agent goes, it's common sense that a quarterback can't win a Super Bowl on his own, something you started to learn about two minutes ago. The Spanos family and the front office have shown for years that they aren't competent or committed enough to win a Super Bowl. That's been proven with the three head coaches (Norv, McCoy, and Lynn) they hired after firing Marty Schottenheimer, the one respectable coach they've had in the last 25 years. It's been proven by the FACT the Spanos family has owned a team that has been to the playoffs three times in the last 13 seasons with Philip Rivers (whom you think can go #$%^ himself) and Justin Herbert as their quarterbacks. Even if you think Rivers sucks, the fact that Herbert has been to the playoffs only once and hasn't won a postseason game in three years is an absolute disgrace.

It still remains to be seen if Brandon Staley can be the head coach who can get Herbert and the rest to a Super Bowl title. It's not off to a great start, especially after blowing a 27-0 lead in the one playoff game Herbert has been in so far in his three-year career. Staley could very well be the second head coach who gets fired since Herbert was drafted, which could also lead to Herbert having to work with a fourth offensive coordinator heading into his fifth season. If that were to happen his agent would be an absolute idiot to not think about moving Herbert somewhere else. Why that, or anything else I wrote about Herbert, is so difficult for you to grasp is beyond my knowledge. But I guess I'll read a stupid reply from you a few days from now.

Have a nice day.
                Last edited by DerwinBosa; 05-21-2023, 07:15 AM.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Ugh, man. You are ridiculous.

I think Herbert has the potential to be the greatest quarterback in Chargers history. He's off to by far the best start a Chargers quarterback has ever had. Ekeler and Allen, who are privy to much more about what's going on than a "Herbie" fanboy such as yourself will ever know, have made it clear that Herbert needs to take the next step and take more control of the offense.That seems to be the biggest element missing from him reaching his full potential. Most people's reaction to that is, "OK, yeah, that makes sense. Herbert is still young and can grow." Your reaction has been, "#$%* Philip Rivers!" and if anyone else agrees with Allen and Ekeler that means they believe Herbert is a weak leader. It's completely asinine.

Herbert is not a finished product, and he could get better. You act like he's never thrown an incomplete pass. Once he does get better he could be in the same class that Brady, Peyton, or any other all-time great was in. You wrongly stated that Herbert was the best quarterback in the NFL heading into last season. I'm not sorry that I'm not in love with Herbert to the point that I'll make the argument that he's already the greatest quarterback in NFL history.

As far as what I said about what I would do if I were Herbert's agent goes, it's common sense that a quarterback can't win a Super Bowl on his own, something you started to learn about two minutes ago. The Spanos family and the front office have shown for years that they aren't competent or committed enough to win a Super Bowl. That's been proven with the three head coaches (Norv, McCoy, and Lynn) they hired after firing Marty Schottenheimer, the one respectable coach they've had in the last 25 years. It's been proven by the FACT the Spanos family has owned a team that has been to the playoffs three times in the last 13 seasons with Philip Rivers (whom you think can go #$%^ himself) and Justin Herbert as their quarterbacks. Even if you think Rivers sucks, the fact that Herbert has been to the playoffs only once and hasn't won a postseason game in three years is an absolute disgrace.

It still remains to be seen if Brandon Staley can be the head coach who can get Herbert and the rest to a Super Bowl title. It's not off to a great start, especially after blowing a 27-0 lead in the one playoff game Herbert has been in so far in his three-year career. Staley could very well be the second head coach who gets fired since Herbert was drafted, which could also lead to Herbert having to work with a fourth offensive coordinator heading into his fifth season. If that were to happen his agent would be an absolute idiot to not think about moving Herbert somewhere else. Why that, or anything else I wrote about Herbert, is so difficult for you to grasp is beyond my knowledge. But I guess I'll read a stupid reply from you a few days from now.

Have a nice day.
                  “fanboy” slurs are lame and boring. You said he needs to be more like Phil, he’s already better than Phil. He surpassed ALL of Phil’s first 3 playing years records. Phil had the benefit of sitting behind Drew before he played as well, he didn’t start the second game he was on a roster. Being more like Phil is a fucking step backwards.

Screw this Eke and Allen “basically said” - if they got the balls to come out and say shit about Herbie, let them do it. Otherwise fuck their sideways almost-said ball-less innuendo. Let me know when they come out and truly call out the best QB in Charger history

he threw incompletes - thats the dumbest thing you wrote. Every QB in the history of football threw a lot of incomplete.

All of your shit is basically “Herbert is not perfect”. quit expecting him to be perfect or be someone else.

He’s not going anywhere - it would be bad business for him to not sign a long term deal. Thats how NFL is set up. Agent blubbering is a waste of font, hallucinatory ramblings of an idiot who doesnt know how the NFL works. I’m talking about you now. Don’t forget to chew your food.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I think you have reading comprehension issues. Or maybe you have as big of a crush on Herbert as George Constanza had on Elaine's boyfriend Tony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCT9hDH_PUI
                    I think you have a football comprehension issue and you’re now dropping homophobic slurs. Nice two-fer to start the Sabbath, well done.

seriously, don’t forget to chew. Hate to see you choke out on your Jimmy Dean sausage patty.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Wasn't arguing that he didn't play well . . . . . . . . I'm on record as saying without him the last 3 years this team would have had a difficult time winning more than 4 games / season. He's the only reason we win, and the best reason for optimism for the future. That being said - my original point was that his coaching support group (over the last 3 years) could have been MUCH better, and he could have been even better than he currently is . . . . . .
                      I don't disagree so much as I consider it debatable and immaterial.
                      Regardless, I very much like OC Moore and QB Coach Nussmeier going forward.
                      Justin has the background experience and intellect to grasp what they bring to the offense.
                      Moore has stated that there is a lot of good in the offense he is joining and that they won't start from scratch, rather keep the good and build on it, add to it. (or words to that effect).

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I don't disagree so much as I consider it debatable and immaterial.
                        Regardless, I very much like OC Moore and QB Coach Nussmeier going forward.
                        Justin has the background experience and intellect to grasp what they bring to the offense.
                        Moore has stated that there is a lot of good in the offense he is joining and that they won't start from scratch, rather keep the good and build on it, add to it. (or words to that effect).
                        Not immaterial . . . . . . . . if he could have been further along in his learning curve, and we could have gotten more out of him during his affordable stage (which we've essentially squandered) . . . . . .

Comment

• SuperCharged
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Utah
                          • Midnight Toker
                          • Send PM

Wow the Herbert negativity is mind boggling. You people really need to find another sport to watch. NBA maybe? Maybe soccer. Cause you don't belong in the football arena. Herbert is far to blame from our W/L's.

I would put the blame on KA mia. MW mia. Lombardi head in the sand offense and an extremely weak run d.

Comment

Working...
                          X