• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

I’m just gonna say that Herbie is awesome. His early returns speak for themselves, he is the best QB this franchise has ever seen in the first 3 years. Not only has he set Charger records, he’s set NFL records. Thats all QBs that ever played anywhere ever. I’m confident he’ll continue to be even better and will go down as the best Charger QB of all time. He can’t guarantee a SB, it’s a team sport - just ask Dan Marino. Shit it took Peyton The Forehead over 10 years. It took Elway horseface over 10 years. It requires a team. But he’s the best we’ve ever had and we are lucky to have him.

Folks need to accept him for what and who he is because he is a special deal right there. Every human has had a flaw, a weakness, a vice, and a virtue. Herbie isn’t like every Alpha Dog barking badger QB. So what, plenty of alphadog Qbs have been shit. Some of them have been great, that doesn’t mean that it was only their alpha bark attitude that did it.

Herbie is his own chill dude and we all have let him do it his way. He likes to show it not yell it. He works hard, he cares, hes a great guy on and off field. I’m very cool with him and how he is but even if you’re not - you gotta chill on it and just let Herbie be Herbie. None of us own him, none of us control him. He’s his own dude.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
      I’m just gonna say that Herbie is awesome. His early returns speak for themselves, he is the best QB this franchise has ever seen in the first 3 years. Not only has he set Charger records, he’s set NFL records. Thats all QBs that ever played anywhere ever. I’m confident he’ll continue to be even better and will go down as the best Charger QB of all time. He can’t guarantee a SB, it’s a team sport - just ask Dan Marino. Shit it took Peyton The Forehead over 10 years. It took Elway horseface over 10 years. It requires a team. But he’s the best we’ve ever had and we are lucky to have him.

Folks need to accept him for what and who he is because he is a special deal right there. Every human has had a flaw, a weakness, a vice, and a virtue. Herbie isn’t like every Alpha Dog barking badger QB. So what, plenty of alphadog Qbs have been shit. Some of them have been great, that doesn’t mean that it was only their alpha bark attitude that did it.

Herbie is his own chill dude and we all have let him do it his way. He likes to show it not yell it. He works hard, he cares, hes a great guy on and off field. I’m very cool with him and how he is but even if you’re not - you gotta chill on it and just let Herbie be Herbie. None of us own him, none of us control him. He’s his own dude.
      I agree completely . . . . . . . . imagine how awesome Herbert would have been his first 3 years if he'd had real NFL coaching, instead of Lynn / Staley / Lombardi

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
        Some of the best all time HCs had a defensive background and didn't seem to damage their QBs success. Chuck Noll, Tom Landry, Bill Cowher to name a few.
        Umm Belichick

Comment

• DerwinBosa
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Herbert is going nowhere. He wants to be here long term (said so himself a couple of weeks ago) and he will be here long term.
          And in nowhere did I say he was going anywhere. I said what I would do if I were his agent.

I'm not saying we should have won a Super Bowl sometime in Herbert's first three years, but what's been happening for Josh Allen (four playoff appearances in five years, one AFC Championship Game) and Joe Burrow (two playoff appearances, two AFC Championship Games, one Super Bowl appearance) should be happening for Herbert. Instead he's already had two head coaches (and may have a third soon) and three offensive offensive coordinators heading into his fourth season. This is after he had probably the greatest rookie season a quarterback has ever had in NFL history, and followed that up with one of the best years a Chargers quarterback has ever produced. No playoffs in his first two seasons, during which he was phenomenal, was downright ridiculous. Then he toughs it out with multiple injuries last season and gets rewarded with the most embarrassing playoff loss in franchise history during his first postseason appearance.

My guess is Herbert will be loyal to the Chargers and sign a long-term extension. I'm sure bringing the first Super Bowl title to the Chargers and overcoming Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs are challenges dominating his mind. This is a guy who spent four years being misused in Oregon when he should have been playing for better coaching in an SEC school, competing for multiple National Championships, and challenging Burrow for the right to be the first overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft. But he stayed with the flimsy Ducks, never played in a National Championship Game, didn't come close to a Heisman, and ended up being picked after Tua, a quarterback who isn't nearly on his level.

If you're his agent and you're not considering moving one of your best clients to a spot where he would have a better chance of winning multiple Super Bowls, you shouldn't be representing anyone right now.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Maybe they're just encouraging him to do exactly what he will be doing. No biggie.
            Moore and Nuss will install an offense that JH will be orchestrating.
            I don't expect Herbert to fail this test
            I think it is encouragement by Allen and Ekeler, because I'm sure they both know how Herbert can be even greater if he takes more control of the offense.

But others seem to take as an insult to Herbert when Allen and Ekeler simply pointed out how Rivers' strengths in that area could be something to learn from. Taking that as an insult is ridiculous.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Umm Belichick
              Bill Parcells and Jimmy Johnson, too.

I don't think Phil Simms or Jeff Hostetler were great, and Drew Bledsoe was at his best under Parcells.

Troy Aikman thinks he would have won five Super Bowls if Jimmy Johnson had stayed. I think they definitely would have had a shot.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2022
                • Send PM

what are you getting at - that Herbie isn't a good QB? where are you going here - innuendo 1, 2, 3, ... how do they add up to you?

Herbie is The Golden God, btw.
                I think my point was very clear. As you admitted, he should have called Quentin Johnston. It's an example of how he needs to step it up as the leader of this team, which is what Allen and Ekeler said. I fully expect Herbert to be the greatest quarterback in Chargers history. Although I think Burrow is a fantastic quarterback, I'm glad the 2020 NFL Draft turned out the way it did, especially with Tua going a pick before ours (it would probably be a disaster if Tua were our quarterback). But, as I mentioned, Herbert is not beyond reproach. You seem to think he doesn't have to do anything to improve going into his fourth year. I think that's ridiculous.

Don't give me this crap about how he's an introvert and so it's OK if he doesn't speak up. Joe Montana and Johnny Unitas were introverts, probably just as much as or even more so than Herbert, but they took control of the team when it was necessary. That's all anyone is asking Herbert to do.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2022
                  • Send PM

He can’t guarantee a SB, it’s a team sport - just ask Dan Marino. Shit it took Peyton The Forehead over 10 years. It took Elway horseface over 10 years. It requires a team
                  Wow! You actually understand that! We're getting somewhere!

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Maybe? I mean if they shitcan the whole coaching staff after this season would you want to sign a long term contract unless things are stable? Having Lombardi basically screw up two seasons with mediocrity doesn't help there either. I think he knows he has value no matter what unless there's some kind of freak career ending injury.
                    No, I wouldn't. Will anyone here be surprised if Staley gets fired and the Spanos family replaces him with someone even more unqualified, such as what the Texans did with David Culley? This is the organization that hired at least three unqualified head coaches after firing Marty Schottenheimer.

And that's the last I'm going to discuss about this, since this thread is supposed to be about Eric Kendricks.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Utah
                      • Midnight Toker
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Herbert is going nowhere. He wants to be here long term (said so himself a couple of weeks ago) and he will be here long term.
                      He's life long Charger fan he will make it work.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I think my point was very clear. As you admitted, he should have called Quentin Johnston. It's an example of how he needs to step it up as the leader of this team, which is what Allen and Ekeler said. I fully expect Herbert to be the greatest quarterback in Chargers history. Although I think Burrow is a fantastic quarterback, I'm glad the 2020 NFL Draft turned out the way it did, especially with Tua going a pick before ours (it would probably be a disaster if Tua were our quarterback). But, as I mentioned, Herbert is not beyond reproach. You seem to think he doesn't have to do anything to improve going into his fourth year. I think that's ridiculous.

Don't give me this crap about how he's an introvert and so it's OK if he doesn't speak up. Joe Montana and Johnny Unitas were introverts, probably just as much as or even more so than Herbert, but they took control of the team when it was necessary. That's all anyone is asking Herbert to do.
                        I think you’re bitching about who he is as a person. I posted my view on that above, I won’t repeat it or what i think of what you just posted.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Wow! You actually understand that! We're getting somewhere!

I always have, don’t be a dick.

Comment

Working...
                          X