• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

He blocked me, too! For the record, TPB has run much smoother since. Friendship is a 2-way street.
    Like the saying goes... "Friends don't let friends drive drunk." You tried dmac... you are a good friend.
    Thank you, good brother. I do what I can.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR CHANNEL:https://www.youtube.com/user/CBSSportsWATCHCBS Sports HQ: https://www.cbssports.com/live/Paramount Plus: https://www.paramountplus.c...

Maybe Herb should breakdown how Allen can improve his game instead of praising him again.
      All class.
      Take notes KA.
      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Ya Herb, do what you do, but do it like Phil please.
        KA, do your thing, but more like Ekeler where he stays healthy and scores TDs.
        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
          Again, I don't know how you can watch that clip I posted and come away with anything negative. Just don't. Doesn't look like Herbert is stung by it after Keenan telling him this is his team, play your game. He never said do it like Phil. He said Phil played his game and nobody told him how to play offense. What's wrong with that?

Seemed more a shot at the OC and Herbert running everything Lombo called instead of changing things he likes and playing his game.

One day Herbert will be there. In year 4 Rivers was a 2 year starter and Marty only let him throw 11 passes in a game his first year starting. Takes time. Perhaps Keenan is just telling him he is ready?

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Again, I don't know how you can watch that clip I posted and come away with anything negative. Just don't. Doesn't look like Herbert is stung by it after Keenan telling him this is his team, play your game. He never said do it like Phil. He said Phil played his game and nobody told him how to play offense. What's wrong with that?

Seemed more a shot at the OC and Herbert running everything Lombo called instead of changing things he likes and playing his game.

One day Herbert will be there. In year 4 Rivers was a 2 year starter and Marty only let him throw 11 passes in a game his first year starting. Takes time. Perhaps Keenan is just telling him he is ready?
            Idk if it's "negative" but it's not helpful and if anything it's hurting Herbert's reputation.

The point is he shouldn't be talking about Herbert or evaluating his game on any level with any media, especially Acho who is known to have a negative agenda towards Herbert.
            KA doesn't have to go out of his way to say anything, he wasn't sprung that question during a press conference, he literally went on a show and knew he was going to talk about Herbert's leadership. It's just not his place to say these things that should be kept private. And this is months after an exaggerated tweet that once again, he has to go out of his way to praise Herbert's biggest rival in Mahomes to call him, "HIM"

You can choose to break up all these individual actions and say, they're "not negative" but at some point you have to acknowledge they stem from the same person, and no one else is going out of their way to do this. No offense, but I think you and many here will continue to minimize anything he does until he actually tweets, "Herbert is a horrible quarterback and I wish he was Mahomes". Haha even then, I'm sure he'll be praised by some as being "honest".

His patterns of degrading Herbert is meaningful imo, and naive to think otherwise. There is some deeper thoughts and feelings there for KA, perhaps cognitive dissonance and I have a feeling it has to do with comparing Herbert to Mahomes. If Herbert wasn't anywhere close to Mahomes' class, this wouldn't be an issue for KA imo.

It's embarrassing and as a Charger veteran I wish he would just stop it. He went from one of my favorite Chargers to someone I'm rooting for but can't wait to move off of.
            G-Ro knows.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Mahomes getting restructured
              We need to get Herbert signed now.
              G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Idk if it's "negative" but it's not helpful and if anything it's hurting Herbert's reputation.

The point is he shouldn't be talking about Herbert or evaluating his game on any level with any media, especially Acho who is known to have a negative agenda towards Herbert.
                KA doesn't have to go out of his way to say anything, he wasn't sprung that question during a press conference, he literally went on a show and knew he was going to talk about Herbert's leadership. It's just not his place to say these things that should be kept private. And this is months after an exaggerated tweet that once again, he has to go out of his way to praise Herbert's biggest rival in Mahomes to call him, "HIM"

You can choose to break up all these individual actions and say, they're "not negative" but at some point you have to acknowledge they stem from the same person, and no one else is going out of their way to do this. No offense, but I think you and many here will continue to minimize anything he does until he actually tweets, "Herbert is a horrible quarterback and I wish he was Mahomes". Haha even then, I'm sure he'll be praised by some as being "honest".

His patterns of degrading Herbert is meaningful imo, and naive to think otherwise. There is some deeper thoughts and feelings there for KA, perhaps cognitive dissonance and I have a feeling it has to do with comparing Herbert to Mahomes. If Herbert wasn't anywhere close to Mahomes' class, this wouldn't be an issue for KA imo.

It's embarrassing and as a Charger veteran I wish he would just stop it. He went from one of my favorite Chargers to someone I'm rooting for but can't wait to move off of.
                Hmm, so players can't say other players are great? You do know the players vote for the top 100 right? And doing so they talk about them.
                Keenan isn't the only player that is asked about Herbert, and he was asked that by Shady McCoy not Acho. And earlier Acho did say why he called Herbert a social media QB. His answer imo was ok...though it has to do with solely giving the QB too much credit for wins and loses.

Hec we have posters here talking negative about Herbert because he hasn't won a playoff game. But truth be told who isn't frustrated with this team? The franchise is cursed! Til we win something, we won't get the respect other teams do.

Sorry, I just don't agree with your stance on it and it just seems a sensitive fan type of thing. You mentioned Keenan said Herbert needs to be like Rivers and he didn't say that at all.

I won't comment on it everytime you get bent about it and this won't be the last but I really don't see it as a big deal.
                It's all in the interpretation of the words and I didn't see any thing hurtful or negative.

Pretty sure you also didn't like the players yucking it up with the opponents either after a loss ....which again, it's a game, many of these guys know each other and are friends. Didn't you play sports as a kid against your friends? They teach sportsmanship.
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 05-09-2023, 06:10 PM.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

what did Phil ever win? he cramped up as often as not in big games imo. Love him but there is no reason Herb needs to emulate the Phil model exactly. Take what works, leave what doesn't, be your own you Herbie!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

KA is KA, always has been. you can't dictate how grown free men think and talk. this is 'Merica, damnit. KA has earned his place in the league and I don't have a problem with what he said, personally.

you worry too much about imagined optics. KA tweeted after homie pulled out rabbits to win the SB - Homie was fantastic to close the game and there was nothing wrong with that, its just good sporstmanship. Herbie can just target him less if he thinks like you do. I very much doubt he does.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Hmm, so players can't say other players are great? You do know the players vote for the top 100 right? And doing so they talk about them.
                      Keenan isn't the only player that is asked about Herbert, and he was asked that by Shady McCoy not Acho. And earlier Acho did say why he called Herbert a social media QB. His answer imo was ok...though it has to do with solely giving the QB too much credit for wins and loses.

Hec we have posters here talking negative about Herbert because he hasn't won a playoff game. But truth be told who isn't frustrated with this team? The franchise is cursed! Til we win something, we won't get the respect other teams do.

Sorry, I just don't agree with your stance on it and it just seems a sensitive fan type of thing. You mentioned Keenan said Herbert needs to be like Rivers and he didn't say that at all.

I won't comment on it everytime you get bent about it and this won't be the last but I really don't see it as a big deal.
                      It's all in the interpretation of the words and I didn't see any thing hurtful or negative.

Pretty sure you also didn't like the players yucking it up with the opponents either after a loss ....which again, it's a game, many of these guys know each other and are friends. Didn't you play sports as a kid against your friends? They teach sportsmanship.

Ya I understand your perspective, we agree on a lot here but fundamentally disagree about how important these issues are.

Again, no offense, but I think the big difference is, as you say, you can't understand how anyone (like myself) can interpret this as a negative, while I can understand how people like you don't. I get both sides, although I seem to be pretty extreme in my belief that KA should keep his opinions in-house, for now at least. I'd say the same if Herbert was tweeting about how Justin Jefferson was HIM and went on a show to evaluate KA.
                      I think its fair to say, Herb, keep it in house.

Re: sportsmanship, of course I'm for good sportsmanship and paying respect for your opponents and being friends etc
                      are there times where the interactions go too far and can be inappropriate and gives bad optics? Yes I think so.
                      When I see a Melvin Ingram play like shit then laugh it up with some raider asshole, it's not a good look. What the hell is so damn funny after you played like absolute dog shit.
                      It is a game, but I'm allowed to question someone competitiveness if it looks like they don't care enough. All part of a constant assessment of our players.
                      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Ya I understand your perspective, we agree on a lot here but fundamentally disagree about how important these issues are.

Again, no offense, but I think the big difference is, as you say, you can't understand how anyone (like myself) can interpret this as a negative, while I can understand how people like you don't. I get both sides, although I seem to be pretty extreme in my belief that KA should keep his opinions in-house, for now at least. I'd say the same if Herbert was tweeting about how Justin Jefferson was HIM and went on a show to evaluate KA.
                        I think its fair to say, Herb, keep it in house.

Re: sportsmanship, of course I'm for good sportsmanship and paying respect for your opponents and being friends etc
                        are there times where the interactions go too far and can be inappropriate and gives bad optics? Yes I think so.
                        When I see a Melvin Ingram play like shit then laugh it up with some raider asshole, it's not a good look. What the hell is so damn funny after you played like absolute dog shit.
                        It is a game, but I'm allowed to question someone competitiveness if it looks like they don't care enough. All part of a constant assessment of our players.
                        who was our kicker that got run off the team after yucking it up after missing kick(s)?

you're of course allowed to question things. we're allowed to think you're overblown in this instance. all just opinions - its all good.

Comment

• jubei
                          Vagabond Ninja
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

who was our kicker that got run off the team after yucking it up after missing kick(s)?

you're of course allowed to question things. we're allowed to think you're overblown in this instance. all just opinions - its all good.
                          Lambo...not to be confused with lombo. That sure got under a lot of fans' skins.

Comment

Working...
                          X