• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • QuiteFrankly
    Since Balboa Stadium
    • Sep 2022
    • LA
    • Send PM

I have said it a zillion times, having watch all the greats since Namath. He throws the ball too hard and has no touch. But also he had no blocking tonight either. He was running around like Rivers back there...

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2022
      • White Rock, BC Canada
      • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post
      I'll tell you this. If Herbert comes out this week, after laying an egg, and gives the same old BS no sound bite talk Im done. Show some passion! Admit you sucked. Fouts and Rivers never won a SUper Bowl but all of us knew they would die on the field trying. Herberts demeanor with the press is fine when you are winning. It gets old REALLY quick if you play like tonight and it looks like you don't care in your responses to questions.
      You mean you don't want to hear him say he is going to go watch film?

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
        Dude may have already reached his ceiling and it's not even that high.

He's not a franchise altering player.
        Afraid I agree. Tonight just wasn’t good enough and I wanted Stick. He was missing too many throws. I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt and he went south after the helmet to helmet hit. Maybe he was concussed? Sorry 0-3 with 2 minutes to go needing one score? That’s not a franchise guy

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by QuiteFrankly View Post
          I have said it a zillion times, having watch all the greats since Namath. He throws the ball too hard and has no touch. But also he had no blocking tonight either. He was running around like Rivers back there...
          He missed a wide open Keenan twice. Once was just a horrible throw. The second he just drilled when he could have put some air under it

Comment

• jubei
            Vagabond Ninja
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

JH DEFINITELY needs to work on touch passes. Burrow (and I hate saying this---Tua) have FAR more touch on passes at the appropriate times. I think that's a sign of inaccuracy issues. It's easier to hit someone when you dont give them a lot of time to run to the ball so there is no timing needed to get the ball from your hand to the spot your receiver is. and JH needs to learn timing passes rather than waiting for your WR to get open. sometimes the best passes are the passes that are thrown to get your WR open, not necessarily the passes to open WRs. Rivers was pretty darn good at those 2 types of passes.

Comment

• Craig440
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

You mean you don't want to hear him say he is going to go watch film?
              I love Herbert, especially rookie Herbert. That was a great experience. BUT I'm growing tired of "we will watch the film and learn from it" I have been a fan since 1961 and Herbert is in his forth year of professional football. If we haven't learned by now we probably never will. I kind of agree with the lack of passion. I remember Hank Bauer talking about Fouts, Fouts was in charge. As a matter of fact Hank said he wore a ball cap everyday he came to practice with the letters MFIC on it. Said it meant Mother Fucker In Charge.

Comment

• rensoul
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2023
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
                JH DEFINITELY needs to work on touch passes. Burrow (and I hate saying this---Tua) have FAR more touch on passes at the appropriate times. I think that's a sign of inaccuracy issues. It's easier to hit someone when you dont give them a lot of time to run to the ball so there is no timing needed to get the ball from your hand to the spot your receiver is. and JH needs to learn timing passes rather than waiting for your WR to get open. sometimes the best passes are the passes that are thrown to get your WR open, not necessarily the passes to open WRs. Rivers was pretty darn good at those 2 types of passes.
                I don't think it's going to change much, especially the ability to be an anticipatory thrower. That's a skill that Qb's either seem to have or they don't. Similar deal with the fastballs and lack of touch. Just got to hope he ends up being more like John Elway or Brett Favre instead of a nicer and more likable version of Jeff George.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
                  FUdean
                  • Dec 2022
                  • Send PM

I like a lot of things Herbert brings to the game. But so far MFIC isn’t one of them.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• BigBad
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I'm not among those on this board who act like Herbert should never be blamed for anything, but what is your alternative for the next handful of years at quarterback? He's not Patrick Mahomes, no matter how others here try to spin it. But do you want to trade Herbert to Chicago and take Caleb Williams or Drake Maye in next April's draft?
                    Why do people react like this? Did I say cut the guy? No. Herbert is a good to very good QB. THe problem is the Chargers are in the Chiefs division so that won't be good enough unless the team around him is built better.

He isn't good enough to overcome a below average roster. Most QBs cant. That is the difference between very good and the top top guys Brady , Mahomes, etc don't lose that game..

Comment

• ChargersFan12345
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2023
                      • Send PM

Justin just can not win games when it matters, he just does not have it

Comment

• Boltx
                        Dominate the day
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I think he would benefit greatly from a legit TE safety valve across the middle of the field. I like Everett's game but they seem determined not to utilize him more.

He locks in on KA too much and Ekeler seemingly isn't that effective out of the backfield so far this year.

Gates saved Brees' career.

But if we're making this many excuses for the guy, "he needs an elite OL, elite weapons, immaculate play calling, etc etc" then maybe he's just not able to elevate everyone around him as much as we had hoped?

All the great ones have an off year here or there - this year is quickly becoming a lost cause, maybe we just hope the next HC/GM have better luck trying to get the most out of him. But the way some of these rookie QBs are coming on this year (Stroud, Richardson before injury, etc), JH may not even be a top 10 QB by the end of next year.
                        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post

Why do people react like this? Did I say cut the guy? No. Herbert is a good to very good QB. THe problem is the Chargers are in the Chiefs division so that won't be good enough unless the team around him is built better.

He isn't good enough to overcome a below average roster. Most QBs cant. That is the difference between very good and the top top guys Brady , Mahomes, etc don't lose that game..
                          Brady and Mahomes don't lose that game because they are/were on better teams with better coaching than Herbert. Herbert has an off game like last night and there is zero chance the Chargers win the game. The D isn't good enough and we have no running game to overcome a few missed throws by our QB. He has to be elite just to get the team to .500. KC's defense is allowing 14.7 points per game this season. The Chargers D is allowing 24.8 points per game. That is over 10 points per game less than we allow. We have 3 losses by a combined total of 8 points. If we had that D, we could be undefeated. Instead, Herbert has no margin for error and when he is playing behind an oline getting abused with a broken finger and plays like a mortal - we lose.

Comment

Working...
                          X