Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
    I totally agree. Allen is a fine player - but as he ages, his skillset is now more the possession receiver
    Have we been watching the same Keenan Allen this season? Keenan is on pace right now to set new career highs in almost every category. Nothing about his game has diminished - just the opposite.

He's on pace for 1,765 yds receiving. His previous best was 1,393 yds (2017).
    He's averaging 104 yds per game. His previous best was 91 (2015).
    He's on pace for 14 TDs. His previous best is 8 (2013, 2020).
    His 76.4% catch rate is the best of his career.
    His 12.4 yds per reception is only topped by his 2013 rookie season (14.7) and 2017 (13.7).
    His 9.4 yds per target is his best since his rookie season (10).
    His 4.7 YAC per reception in 2023 is the best of his career. (Ja'Marr Chase's YAC per is currently 5.6 by comparison.)

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Please. There isn't a GM in the NFL that would not take AJ Brown over any Charger receiver. Last year he had 88 catches for 1500 yards and 11 TDs...for a 17 yard per catch average. Brown is the definition of a big play receiver. Miles better in the open field than Keenan or Mike.He will have 4 1000 yard seasons in his first 5 years even playing the first 3 in the Titan passing attack. Mike Williams has 2 1000 yard seasons in 7 years.

Aiyuk is on a fine trajectory, every bit as good as Williams in his first few seasons and he has never had 2 HOF level QBs throwing him the ball. He is averaging 18.2 yards a catch this year.

These are 2 big play receivers we lack. We have no TE like these offenses.

Sorry I have to take the homer glasses off and be objective about our players. Keenan is fantastic for what he does, no question there. He also consistently shows up. But some of the other Chargers that are called elite players on this board I am taking a step back on.

Too many games they just don't get it done. They never win anything, they never step up and win the big games against good teams.. year after year after year.
      Wait...are you calling Herbert a HOF QB already? Lets not jump the gun. Purdy has as much chance right now for the HOF as Herbert does. Probably wins a SB before Herb does....if Herb ever does. Lack of ownership will hold him back. Their stats this year are pretty similar.

Aiyuk has 25 catches this season and a career 13.9 YPC. One year MW averaged 20.4 YPC (career 15.6) and you still dont like him as a deep threat.

Aiyuk is a fine reciever but he isnt anything special. He ran a 4.5 to MW 4.51.

As for Brown i never said AJ Brown isn't a good reciever and i didnt say anything negative about him. He has been very good but he isnt a blazer either.
      The rest of their recievers after Smith are meh. And Smith is a smaller version of Keenan...but not as good as Keenan. And i dont get how Keenan isnt stepping up when he is wide open and is over thrown by our "HOF level" QB?

Its not homer glasses here. Its just the truth. We always think the grass is greener if we had this guy or that guy and our guys arent good enough when we arent winning. Ill place the blame on Spanos and Telesco....then Staley.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2022
        • White Rock, BC Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Wait...are you calling Herbert a HOF QB already? Lets not jump the gun. Purdy has as much chance right now for the HOF as Herbert does. Probably wins a SB before Herb does....if Herb ever does. Lack of ownership will hold him back. Their stats this year are pretty similar.

Aiyuk has 25 catches this season and a career 13.9 YPC. One year MW averaged 20.4 YPC (career 15.6) and you still dont like him as a deep threat.

Aiyuk is a fine reciever but he isnt anything special. He ran a 4.5 to MW 4.51.

As for Brown i never said AJ Brown isn't a good reciever and i didnt say anything negative about him. He has been very good but he isnt a blazer either.
        The rest of their recievers after Smith are meh. And Smith is a smaller version of Keenan...but not as good as Keenan. And i dont get how Keenan isnt stepping up when he is wide open and is over thrown by our "HOF level" QB?

Its not homer glasses here. Its just the truth. We always think the grass is greener if we had this guy or that guy and our guys arent good enough when we arent winning. Ill place the blame on Spanos and Telesco....then Staley.
        Herbert is HOF talent level I meant, and given that he had more passing yards in his first 3 seasons than any QB in NFL history he is on that trajectory...unless the present continues and he is penalized for never winning the big games when it counts

Brown proves you don't have to run 4.3 to be a big pay guy that gets 50-70 yard TDs. Sometimes he beasts and runs through people. He can certainly take over games

I like Mike, and he has moments but due to injuries and other factors he has not been a consistent stud and you could make the case hasn't lived up to his draft. We are talking about an 8th overall pick without a single Pro Bowl in 7 years. He is good, when he is on the field, but he is not great or "elite"

AJ Brown came in at 22 in the NFL's top 100 players this year. Higher than any single Charger

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I totally agree. Allen is a fine player - but as he ages, his skillset is now more the possession receiver - and he is very good at that. But Williams opposite him - even healthy, doesn't get open enough,. Palmer. Too station to station

The hope was that QJ would that player that helps the offense - for whatever reason, hasn't happened yet. The Chargers TEs - just not very good, McKitty was a bad draft pick -

And yes, elite in name only. If they lose tomorrow, the Spanii should be telling Telesco to trade Bosa and Mack. Maybe Ek and Davis. They never will because they will think "if we beat the Bears we are 3-4 and followed by the Jets. So the trade deadline is too early to make any moves."

That would be their excuse...
          When has Keenan not been a possession reciever? He was never fast and he can run with the ball but he isnt out running many CBs. But he sure can make them look silly trying to cover him.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
            Great video and breakdowns.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              Have we been watching the same Keenan Allen this season? Keenan is on pace right now to set new career highs in almost every category. Nothing about his game has diminished - just the opposite.

He's on pace for 1,765 yds receiving. His previous best was 1,393 yds (2017).
              He's averaging 104 yds per game. His previous best was 91 (2015).
              He's on pace for 14 TDs. His previous best is 8 (2013, 2020).
              His 76.4% catch rate is the best of his career.
              His 12.4 yds per reception is only topped by his 2013 rookie season (14.7) and 2017 (13.7).
              His 9.4 yds per target is his best since his rookie season (10).
              His 4.7 YAC per reception in 2023 is the best of his career. (Ja'Marr Chase's YAC per is currently 5.6 by comparison.)
              Not bad for a slow and too old guy.
              Some just dot get it.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Has anyone mentioned that the Chiefs have spent 3 second-round picks, a third-round pick, and 2 sixth-round picks on 3 receivers that seem to be nothing more than mediocre (Skyy Moore, KaDarius Toney, Mecole Hardman)...?

I'll take KA, MW, and JP over all of them...

Maybe in a couple years, we can compare QJ to Rashee Rice. But waaaaay too soon for that.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Not bad for a slow and too old guy.
                  Some just dot get it.
                  Keenan is 5th in the NFL in receptions, too... even though he's played 1 less game than anyone in the top-10.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                    Has anyone mentioned that the Chiefs have spent 3 second-round picks, a third-round pick, and 2 sixth-round picks on 3 receivers that seem to be nothing more than mediocre (Skyy Moore, KaDarius Toney, Mecole Hardman)...?

I'll take KA, MW, and JP over all of them...

Maybe in a couple years, we can compare QJ to Rashee Rice. But waaaaay too soon for that.
                    Agree...KaDarius isnt anything to speak of imo. And he gets dinged easy. Hardman didnt do a lot there but of course made a few plays for them. Sky Moore is meh. Rice i do like and he is gonna be a good one.

Their X factor is Mahomes. Herbert needs to be our Xfactor and not miss wide open recievers.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

Agree...KaDarius isnt anything to speak of imo. And he gets dinged easy. Hardman didnt do a lot there but of course made a few plays for them. Sky Moore is meh. Rice i do like and he is gonna be a good one.

Their X factor is Mahomes. Herbert needs to be our Xfactor and not miss wide open recievers.
                      Curious how Mahomos O line has held up this season compared to Herbs.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

100%

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

100%
                          We don't have a chance in this game without a big performance from Herbert... as in..3 TDs no Picks and 300+ type good. I would so love to see it after a week where NFL pundits have bashed him

Comment

Working...
                          X