• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DerwinBosa
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

I said this back in January 2023 after the playoff loss - yes that was a total team meltdown but the great ones find a way, ANY WAY, to make an extra play or two to stop the bleeding and secure the win. I mean look at what Dak did to us down the stretch last night. He simply found a way.

To be fair as rich has pointed out before...JH has a lot of comeback wins for us. But a lot of his 4th qtr metrics aren't great. His mechanics this year seem to be regressing a bit, he seems to be throwing off his back foot a lot, even when he's not under pressure.

He just doesn't seem "special" as he was in year 1-2. Yes his OL has been disappointing. Yes he's played for multiple OCs and different systems. But that wow factor, clutch factor isn't there.

Maybe he just peaked too soon? We see this all the time in pro sports, guys just regress or opponents figure out how to play them and they never fulfill their potential.

My prediction: by the end of next year JH won't even be a top 10 QB especially if guys like Stroud/Young/Richardson continue to impress.

If you want more nightmare fuel, imagine Denver getting Caleb Williams and having to deal with him and Mahomes for the next 10-15 years.
    I was following along with you until the prediction. Come on, man. Haha.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Lots of good young ones coming. He will be hard pressed to remain top 5 if he doesn't step it up. Some QB guys now have him 6 or 7
      I'm sure a lot of them have Jalen Hurts ahead of him right now, even after the three interceptions against the Jets on Sunday, the last one costing the Eagles the game. Everyone in the NFL seems to be in love with Tua right now, but we'll see how that goes when he plays more teams like the Bills, who he folded against. It's convenient to pile up on Herbert right now, since his situation sucks. If he had an elite head coach and a 4-1 or 5-0 record right now there would probably be several people on here saying he's better than Mahomes and on his way to being the greatest quarterback of all time. It's one extreme to the next. That's how it goes with quarterbacks.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post

Truth.

And I think NoChilies is on to something about Herb not being the same since the rib injury.

We all love Herb, but just once I’d like to see a 6’6 240 lb grown ass man like him put his shoulder down & plow thru someone - instead of sliding 5 yards too early or trying to scamper away from 190 lb DBs. You just don’t see the top guys like Allen, Mahomes, Hurts, Lawrence doing that. They all have the determination & attitude that they’re gonna get those extra yards - and they do almost every time.

Herb, Son, you pullin down $52 mil/yr. You’re literally the biggest QB in the league, and possibly one of the strongest. I promise you will win that physics equation vs any DB you see gettin in your way. We’re all with you, but fer fecks sake lad, show us you own a pair every once in a while!
        The slide before the first down marker is infuriating. I don't think it's lack of courage, but it's more about lack of awareness.

Comment

• charger1_sj
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I'm sure a lot of them have Jalen Hurts ahead of him right now, even after the three interceptions against the Jets on Sunday, the last one costing the Eagles the game. Everyone in the NFL seems to be in love with Tua right now, but we'll see how that goes when he plays more teams like the Bills, who he folded against. It's convenient to pile up on Herbert right now, since his situation sucks. If he had an elite head coach and a 4-1 or 5-0 record right now there would probably be several people on here saying he's better than Mahomes and on his way to being the greatest quarterback of all time. It's one extreme to the next. That's how it goes with quarterbacks.
          We're not 4-1 or 5-0 for two reasons.

1. The defense
          2 .Inability to close out games

#1 above falls in Staley
          #2 above falls on Moore and Herbert.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

1. The defense

#1 above falls in Staley
            Do you think this team would be 4-1 or 5-0 with Jalen Hurts or Tua Tagovailoa?

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

1. The defense

#1 above falls in Staley
              I don't know about this...the defense did not lose us the game last night. I would say our offensive line did and played below average for an NFL team. We drafted alot of players and most of them are NOT contributing this season. I think Herbert needs his receiver blankets in order to feel comfortable and it's terrible in developing the rookie receivers. It's a comedy of errors that I didn't think would happen this season. We also need to continuously improve the oline. We did not this off season at all.
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• charger1_sj
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2022
                • Send PM

Do you think this team would be 4-1 or 5-0 with Jalen Hurts or Tua Tagovailoa?
                Not with Staley at the helm.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Birmingham AL
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I don't know about this...the defense did not lose us the game last night. I would say our offensive line did and played below average for an NFL team. We drafted alot of players and most of them are NOT contributing this season. I think Herbert needs his receiver blankets in order to feel comfortable and it's terrible in developing the rookie receivers. It's a comedy of errors that I didn't think would happen this season. We also need to continuously improve the oline. We did not this off season at all.
                  defense played well until they needed to then they folded. Just like the offense over the first 5 games it played very well, until it needed to, then folded. That is the Staley influence.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2022
                    • Send PM

Not with Staley at the helm.
                    And that is my point. We need a good head coach to go anywhere close to a Super Bowl.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Actually as I've been saying the D has won us 2 games. Last night however was a team loss. Both sides deserve blame. The Cowboys are a mess right
                      now and we just lost to them. At this time we are not a good team. We may not even be an average team.

The possibility that we get hot is always there. However I see no consistency on the part of the offense. We actually could have used a bit of
                      Lombardi check downs to Ekeler last night. Our run game is non-existent.

Staley needs to give up on his DB strategy of not giving up big plays. Let our CBs get in the face of the receivers. If they get beat so be it.
                      Draft 3 CBs next year if they are really that bad. But something tells me his defensive schemes have something to do with our DBs poor
                      performance.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2022
                        • White Rock, BC Canada
                        • Send PM

I understand and always defend Herbert but at some point no one cares about excuses or what ifs, only results. Its year 4 now and we are getting to that point.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

As maligned and bad has the defense has been the last couple of years, they played reasonably well last night. The defense is not the reason we lost last night. The offense is.

Comment

Working...
                          X