• Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

WHO has called him a bust? Huge stretch there

Even his biggest critics in the NFL media world acknowledge he is a very talented QB. He has been called over rated and not yet elite but no one is calling Herbert a bust.
    Talking about Quentin Johnston, not Herbert

Though who was the dumbphuck that wanted Purdy over Herbert. Oh yes, Stephen A

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Even his biggest critics in the NFL media world acknowledge he is a very talented QB. He has been called over rated and not yet elite but no one is calling Herbert a bust.
      The bust after 5 games comment was in regards to QJ, not Herbert. There are an awful lot of people here calling him a bust already.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2022
        • White Rock, BC Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The bust after 5 games comment was in regards to QJ, not Herbert. There are an awful lot of people here calling him a bust already.
        Ah thanks for clarification.

I am not going that far, but I am concerned that once again TT has draft a project. The WR we wanted and should have been drafted at 21, Zay Flowers would be helping Justin Herbert NOW, and in the future.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Ah thanks for clarification.

I am not going that far, but I am concerned that once again TT has draft a project. The WR we wanted and should have been drafted at 21, Zay Flowers would be helping Justin Herbert NOW, and in the future.
          Didn't Zay Flowers have return abilities as well? Meaning he could be your WR option as well as PR/KR. So, one draft pick, two positions covered.

Comment

• Air Coryell
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2021
            • Carlsbad, CA
            • Teacher, Coach, CFO
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Good Lord, writing a guy off after 5 games....
            Yup. Buster Davis. Not that I don't wish that he was an all-pro. You can tell in camp is someone is good or even special. QJ is not.

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post

Yup. Buster Davis. Not that I don't wish that he was an all-pro. You can tell in camp is someone is good or even special. QJ is not.
              But QJ looked solid in camp.Im really thinkin this is a coach/coordinator fuckup.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Birmingham AL
                • Send PM

I was speaking about QJ not Herbert. I quoted Rich who was talking about QJ.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Chargers receivers are overrated by media and this board

Herbert did have a bad game Monday but who had a good game
                  This board under estimates our WRs. If Keenan were a NY Giant or Jet he would be talked about all the time as a great receiver. He is undervalued by the media being a Charger and this board.

Seems everyone else thinks MW is a stud....except this board. His downfall is being injured too often.

Palmer is better every season.

QJ is a big ?
                  Davis is little but let the guy play a little more and get him in space.
                  Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-19-2023, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Birmingham AL
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I just wish they would create plays for QJ. Heck, this last game, an end around the Everett. Why not do an end around to QJ - just to get him the ball. I think they did a WR screen to Allen. Sorry, not his strength at this point with the ball.

I am not down on QJ - I am down on how he is being used
                    Agree 100%, they need to design plays that can exploit his talents and speed. Same with DD, he is the fastest guy in the NFL. Use that speed, the end around was nice but he should have 3-4 screens or touches a game.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

This board under estimates our WRs. If Keenan were a NY Giant or Jet he would be talked about all the time as a great receiver. He is undervalued by the media being a Charger and this board.

Seems everyone else thinks MW is a stud....except this board. His downfall is being injured too often.

Palmer is better every season.

QJ is a big ?
                      Davis is little but let the guy play a little more and get him in space.
                      Chargers WRs scare nobody... They do not do what the Eagles, Dolphins, even the Niners receivers do. And that is make big plays - the offense is very stationary. (Yes, I get it, Herbert missed Allen twice). When is the last time a receiver took a pass like Kirk did last night and run for 40 plus yards for a touchdown

Williams is always hurt and I am not sure who thinks MW is a stud. One really good game got him 60m
                      Allen is a good player still but not a top 10 receiver TODAY - somebody put up a list, he was not better than those 10 players, hence, not Top 10. If you want to say 12-15, thats fine. But for me, not top 10

Palmer is a nice 3rd down option - fine player.

QJ and Davis are still to be determined

TEs are okay - nothing great
                      RBs - well they can't run the ball

The skill positions on offense leave a lot to be desired. Herbert doesn't even a Tony Martin or Anthony Miller that can get deep. Telesco has done a shitty job - he had Rivers, and now Herbert but he hasn't helped them at all.

Comment

• jubei
                        Vagabond Ninja
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

it was regarding QJ being a bust, not Herbert bud. Even then it is way too early to call QJ a bust. Give him some layup plays just to get his hands on the ball and calm some nerves or whatever may be ailing him.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

it was regarding QJ being a bust, not Herbert bud. Even then it is way too early to call QJ a bust. Give him some layup plays just to get his hands on the ball and calm some nerves or whatever may be ailing him.
                          Good analogy with the term "lay up" plays. In hoops, the analyst will say to get a player in a slump going, get them an easy basket, a layup, get to the free throw line and not just shoot a three ball. Same thing with QJ - instead of the end around to Everett, get him the ball; instead of the screen to Allen, get him the ball. One big play might happen.

Comment

Working...
                          X