• Show
Clear All
  • OG619FrightninLightnin
    Let's do this!
    • Aug 2022
    • Raleigh N. Carolina
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

If we ranked them by who is most feminine, you'd have to go Mahomes, Burrow, Allen & Herbie tied
    Honorable mention for Carr and his eyeliner

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Should Herbert and Burrow sign team-friendly deals so their franchises can maintain quality teams around them? "Do you care about money or do you care about rings?" FF>8:00

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

I maintain that an NFLer's first chance at a contract (not pre negotiated like the rookie wage scale) is absolutely his business 100% and no one should judge whichever way they want to go. Milk every penny or not, I dare not opine on a man's 1 true chance to cash in.
        literally the only thing I won't judge.
        By the time their 2nd chance at FA comes, I generally think guys need to chase the ring assuming they've gotten paid.

at the same time, I judge harshly when guys want to renegotiate that same contract down the road.
        Last edited by 21&500; 06-26-2023, 04:34 PM.
        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• JPPT1974
          May Day 2024!
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Think that over in the Herbert situation, his deal will not touch that over in Patrick Mahomes money. But could be close over to Josh Allen money!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
            I maintain that an NFLer's first chance at a contract (not pre negotiated like the rookie wage scale) is absolutely his business 100% and no one should judge whichever way they want to go. Milk every penny or not, I dare not opine on a man's 1 true chance to cash in.
            literally the only thing I won't judge.
            By the time their 2nd chance at FA comes, I generally think guys need to chase the ring assuming they've gotten paid.

at the same time, I judge harshly when guys want to renegotiate that same contract down the road.
            Agree on first part, i apply the same to the second. Maybe some guys don’t think a ring is worth $10M, like maybe they see it as the business it is and don’t value a ring as much as leaving their grandkids filthy rich. who are we to tell them to forego $10M so we can see them get a ring, eh?
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Agree on first part, i apply the same to the second. Maybe some guys don’t think a ring is worth $10M, like maybe they see it as the business it is and don’t value a ring as much as leaving their grandkids filthy rich. who are we to tell them to forego $10M so we can see them get a ring, eh?
              Or...forego the sure $10 million in salary and make $100 million more in endorsements because your team is ALWAYS a contender...
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Or...forego the sure $10 million in salary and make $100 million more in endorsements because your team is ALWAYS a contender...
                ok. who are we to tell a guy to forego a sure $10M because he may get $100M more in endorsements? - maybe he don't like to gamble. same principle - who are we to tell a full-grown free man what he must do with his full-grown free life?

Never mind the $100M endorsement deal is a laugh for 99.9% of players. what world do you live in where a long list of NFL players have $100M endorsement deals? cmon now ...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Let Herbert fish...
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                    Should Herbert and Burrow sign team-friendly deals so their franchises can maintain quality teams around them? "Do you care about money or do you care about rings?" FF>8:00
                    I'd like Herbert to be team friendly. It'll be multi generational wealth anyway. Top dollar is just "mine is bigger than yours".

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I'd like Herbert to be team friendly. It'll be multi generational wealth anyway. Top dollar is just "mine is bigger than yours".
                      The thing is, someone like Herbert who is smart, doesn't live extravagantly and who has a lot of family support. He is going to make a lot more money from wise investments from his earnings than he ever will as a player. I guess what I'm saying is that the money he earns as a player is really just seed money for a bigger fortune, more money than he will ever spend in a lifetime. He'll never have to worry about money. That is guaranteed. What isn't guaranteed is Super Bowl rings. And, yes, he can help make that happen by giving the team more cap space. But in order for me to get paid less, I would want to be convinced the franchise is committed to winning, that the extra cap space is used to sign players around me who make the team championship quality.

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

He should just tie it to the cap. Let's say 20% of the cap. I can live with that and every year the cap goes up a little he gets a small raise. No Fuss no muss...

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

The thing is … we have way too much time before camp.

Comment

Working...
                          X