• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DerwinBosa
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post
    So Herbert is not playing very well right now and I think it is fair to mention like many have said there are circumstances that have to be mentioned. I wont list them all because we all know what they are and the biggest is management and coaching.

But I have been listening to NFL media, and podcasts and it is pretty sad. Herbert is being called not a winner, most over rated player in NFL etc etc. I understand where it is coming from ...he was annointed early when he put up gaudy numbers and he is now paid to be elite. Now as the QB he is getting all the blame.

For sure something is not right with him right now but he has the talent and smarts to fix it, but why this is unfair and sad is because this bad organization is setting him up to fail. I doubt we see the same result from Mahomes without 6 years of stability with Andy Reid and 3 new offenses in 4 years, no defense, no protection, no speed on offense etc etc.

It is getting to the point that if the Spanos don't do something to protect their huge investment and franchise player, the ways things are going currently, Telesco and Staley are going to ruin this kids career. Knowing all this I do find it difficult to listen to all the heat Justin is taking around the NFL world.

FU Staley. Charger fans were finally given something nice and you are ruining it.
    Finally given something nice? This is nothing new. In 2006 we had an MVP running back who set records, one of the greatest tight ends in NFL history, a very good defense with a couple of rising stars, and a young quarterback on the cusp of becoming elite--and we screwed that up by hiring Norv Turner the following offseason. This has been going on for the longest time.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2022
      • White Rock, BC Canada
      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Finally given something nice? This is nothing new. In 2006 we had an MVP running back who set records, one of the greatest tight ends in NFL history, a very good defense with a couple of rising stars, and a young quarterback on the cusp of becoming elite--and we screwed that up by hiring Norv Turner the following offseason. This has been going on for the longest time.
      Don't disagree with you on that. Chargering has been going on for years. So has poor ownership. Along with complete shit luck of making the AFC Final and having Rivers, LT and Gates all injured

But what i meant by finally something nice, was the potential best player this franchise has ever had at a critical time. The guy who restored hope in this franchise after the move from SD when this team had no identity and few cared except a few die hards. Herbert gave this franchise new life and a chance in LA. Herbert, developed properly has the stuff to be better than Rivers ever was or could be.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Herbo needs to do some soul searching and rediscover that cool, calm, playful kid that started his first NFL game.
        He's been under so much scrutiny from the media and even his own fans and teammates comparing him to Rivers and pressuring him to be Mr Rah Rah
        That's not him, and it's a mistake if he's trhe'g to be that.
        One of the most refreshing things about his leadership style was his authenticity, and it would be foolish to abandon that to appease everyone.
        Herb, it's obvious that something is really bothering you, and it's likely that you have too much character to complain about it, but know there are many fans that believe in you and believe you will figure it out.
        when you do, we'll see more fun in your eyes and less rush in your throws, and tons of media and fans come crawling back to praise you.
        godspeed number 10
        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• WindsorUK
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Windsor, U.K.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
          Herbo needs to do some soul searching and rediscover that cool, calm, playful kid that started his first NFL game.
          He's been under so much scrutiny from the media and even his own fans and teammates comparing him to Rivers and pressuring him to be Mr Rah Rah
          That's not him, and it's a mistake if he's trhe'g to be that.
          One of the most refreshing things about his leadership style was his authenticity, and it would be foolish to abandon that to appease everyone.
          Herb, it's obvious that something is really bothering you, and it's likely that you have too much character to complain about it, but know there are many fans that believe in you and believe you will figure it out.
          when you do, we'll see more fun in your eyes and less rush in your throws, and tons of media and fans come crawling back to praise you.
          godspeed number 10
          Watching him get happy feet, chucking the ball randomly downfield definitely brought back bad memories.
          JH has a HUGE amount of talent. He's just gotta dig deep and figure it out. Whilst I realize he's injured, so is everyone else. Gotta rise above....especially at that pay rate.

Comment

• BigBad
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Norv took them to the AFC championship game while Gates got hurt in the TItans wild card game and Rivers and LT got hurt in the Indy divisional game(I was there). I TRULY believe if healthy they beat the undefeated Patriots that game.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post

Norv took them to the AFC championship game while Gates got hurt in the TItans wild card game and Rivers and LT got hurt in the Indy divisional game(I was there). I TRULY believe if healthy they beat the undefeated Patriots that game.
              I have no doubt that we would have won the Super Bowl if all three were healthy. But I don't credit that to Norv. That team was so well put together; nearly any coach could have gotten those players to the AFC Championship Game. There was no reason to go 8-8 the following year, and the 2010 through 2012 seasons were unacceptable.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Watching him get happy feet, chucking the ball randomly downfield definitely brought back bad memories.
                JH has a HUGE amount of talent. He's just gotta dig deep and figure it out. Whilst I realize he's injured, so is everyone else. Gotta rise above....especially at that pay rate.
                Oline is back to sucking
                running game is basically non existent - one 50 yard run isn't a "running game"
                no real playmakers on offense -- Davis looks to be one, who knows about QJ
                defense cannot get off the field to save their life

he throws passes but receivers don't catch them. go back to the play he broke his finger, terrible interception. the play before Palmer dropped one
                this sunday, Everett drops a pass in the end zone. tough catch but make the damn play - next pass, tipped ball INT

I have to say - the dude doesn't get much help from his teammates and coaching staff.

Yes, he can play better - but if the whole team were playing at the level of Herbert, they would be probably be 5-1
                hell I would take if the defense wasn't garbage.

I truly don't care what he is making -- that doesn't mean a thing. and truly the money doesn't kick in until next year - he is still on his rookie deal
                other players need to play better too. i can't believe the defense always gets a pass because they make two stop - big whoppity doo..
                the front office is a joke
                coaching staff is terrible

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Front Office made a lot of decisions to kick the cap can and bring back the high priced players. But three smaller moves still made no sense

Clapp, McKitty and JK Scott

Clapp was really not good as a dependable replacement for Linsley, yet he was brought back
                    McKitty was inactive this past week
                    Scott, he did have a good game Sunday - but he has been pretty bad all year

Linsley gets hurt and the OL suffers - but we all saw it last year and anytime Linsley is down. Thats on the Front Office and player personnel decisions

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Front Office made a lot of decisions to kick the cap can and bring back the high priced players. But three smaller moves still made no sense

Clapp, McKitty and JK Scott

Clapp was really not good as a dependable replacement for Linsley, yet he was brought back
                      McKitty was inactive this past week
                      Scott, he did have a good game Sunday - but he has been pretty bad all year

Linsley gets hurt and the OL suffers - but we all saw it last year and anytime Linsley is down. Thats on the Front Office and player personnel decisions
                      Clapp was a complete disaster last year and while maybe a tiny bit better, is still awful at center. Gambling with him given Linsley's availability in recent years was a gamble that failed badly especially with 2 young guards surrounding him.

I honestly have no idea why McKitty was even brought back. He came in as a mediocre player and immediately got worse.

Not a big fan of Scott who seems to have his worst kicks in crunch time. He did place a couple of really nice punts this past week and the coaching staff seems to like high/short kicks but we can do better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Clapp was a complete disaster last year and while maybe a tiny bit better, is still awful at center. Gambling with him given Linsley's availability in recent years was a gamble that failed badly especially with 2 young guards surrounding him.

I honestly have no idea why McKitty was even brought back. He came in as a mediocre player and immediately got worse.

Not a big fan of Scott who seems to have his worst kicks in crunch time. He did place a couple of really nice punts this past week and the coaching staff seems to like high/short kicks but we can do better.
                        I am just going to say Front Office (instead of Telesco and John Boy) seemed like they made a lot of offseason decisions because they were easy. Hey lets just bring back most of the players because we did get to the playoffs and were leading 27 zip. Easier to bring back most of the roster than try to build a better roster and it potentially backfire

Comment

• jubei
                          Vagabond Ninja
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

I do feel for JH. He's got all the talent. now just has to put it all together in the crunch. someone said...he's a great talent, not a great qb. but being saddled with this ownership, this gm, this coaching staff sucks for him.

Comment

Working...
                          X