• Show
Clear All
  • JOJAX85
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2018
    • Irmo, SC
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

You aren't taking in another factor - besides WRs that cannot get deep consistently, the Oline needs to give him friggin time to get deep
    But look at Guyton, guy is carrying an extra 15 pounds and it doesn't look like muscle. He needed to be cut if that is the kind of shape he is in
    I saw that about Guyton, too. They cut to a pic on the sideline and ol boy's gut was hanging over his pants like he's Tim Allen in The Santa Clause.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

I saw that about Guyton, too. They cut to a pic on the sideline and ol boy's gut was hanging over his pants like he's Tim Allen in The Santa Clause.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

What the eff do you want him to do? From Week 9 to this Sunday, there were 20 drops
        That includes a half dozen by Allen - hell, three in the Green Bay game alone, two for touchdowns. Popper even said he had a drop, tough catch, but a drop against Denver this week that would have beena big play
        Parham has had drops and it seems they always come on third down where the team has to punt; Ekeler has had drops, Palmer and QJ have had drops, Everett had a tough catch this Sunday, would have been a score - same as the KC game, tough catch but would have been a score

Second, there was a stat that shows what QBs have the biggest windows to throw in (Tua by a mile) and smallest, Bryce Young was first and Justin Herbert was second

How about OLine play? It sucks
        running game - it sucks

Herbert can play better - the Dallas game was rough and the the first part of the Denver game too - but give him a bit better coaching, a bit better OLine and Running game, maybe a few less drops and at least one true playmaker on offense. The Niners have three playmakers for Purdy. Herbert truly doesn't have one playmaker with the ball.
        I dont consider getting one hand on the ball a drop. That play by Everett, if he catches that, its considered a great catch. His body was twisted, he had to reach high for the ball while off his feet and a defender all over him.If they drop it with two hands on it, thats a drop.
        If someone says if they get a hand on it, it should be caught, likely has never played the game. One handed catches arent routine, they are considered great catches and they dont happen very often.

Comment

• NashBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

At first glance I thought he tattooed a doughnut over his belly button... LOL

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by NashBolt View Post

At first glance I thought he tattooed a doughnut over his belly button... LOL
            I truly do not understand how these guys think. The guy was a one trick depth receiver before his injury. Post injury he signed a one year prove it type deal and comes back looking like this?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I dont consider getting one hand on the ball a drop. That play by Everett, if he catches that, its considered a great catch. His body was twisted, he had to reach high for the ball while off his feet and a defender all over him.If they drop it with two hands on it, thats a drop.
              If someone says if they get a hand on it, it should be caught, likely has never played the game. One handed catches arent routine, they are considered great catches and they dont happen very often.
              Thats fair - it was a tough catch but I thought he got both hands on the ball and when he hit the ground, it was jarred out. But fair enough, take away that play

There have been other catches that were pure drops - not sure Herbert can throw it any better

And yes, Herbert can improve - but they really need to build up the roster around it

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

What the eff do you want him to do?From Week 9 to this Sunday, there were 20 drops
                That includes a half dozen by Allen - hell, three in the Green Bay game alone, two for touchdowns. Popper even said he had a drop, tough catch, but a drop against Denver this week that would have beena big play
                Parham has had drops and it seems they always come on third down where the team has to punt; Ekeler has had drops, Palmer and QJ have had drops, Everett had a tough catch this Sunday, would have been a score - same as the KC game, tough catch but would have been a score

Second, there was a stat that shows what QBs have the biggest windows to throw in (Tua by a mile) and smallest, Bryce Young was first and Justin Herbert was second

How about OLine play? It sucks
                running game - it sucks

Herbert can play better - the Dallas game was rough and the the first part of the Denver game too - but give him a bit better coaching, a bit better OLine and Running game, maybe a few less drops and at least one true playmaker on offense. The Niners have three playmakers for Purdy. Herbert truly doesn't have one playmaker with the ball.
                Herbert's not blameless and the team is 5-8 and in his last 2-1/2 quarters of the season scored 16 points. There have been drops but there have also been bad throws, poor decisions, poor reads and slow processing. I think his coaching has been terrible and hope he can get back to the Herbert I saw in his rookie season.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Thats fair - it was a tough catch but I thought he got both hands on the ball and when he hit the ground, it was jarred out. But fair enough, take away that play

There have been other catches that were pure drops - not sure Herbert can throw it any better

And yes, Herbert can improve - but they really need to build up the roster around it
                  He did, but it wasnt like it was in his bread basket. He went up high off his feet and it was a little behind him. If that were our CB on him, we would say great play by our guy. CBs are very good getting their hands in there to knock a ball away.

Even with two hands, some catches are difficult due to circumstances. Hitting the hard turf ground is very jarring in itself. That "drop" is a non issue for me but had he caught it, great play imo.

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Herbert's not blameless and the team is 5-8 and in his last 2-1/2 quarters of the season scored 16 points. There have been drops but there have also been bad throws, poor decisions, poor reads and slow processing. I think his coaching has been terrible and hope he can get back to the Herbert I saw in his rookie season.
                    Now we get to really see what a clown show this team is under staley and one of the worst olines i've seen in decades. Going to be fun experimenting with this situation.
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2022
                      • White Rock, BC Canada
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

That sums it up well. We all love Herbert and his talent, but his career is regressing, he hasn't taken the steps forward with experience we expected. Most of it is the environment around him, get him better coaching and personnel and I think he will be fine and get back on the right trajectory, but coaching now is critical.

If it wasn't obvious before, this dum dum organization better hire an accomplished offensive mind as HC to work with their most prized asset and get him back on track.

Comment

• AFboltfan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2018
                        • Balboa Park bench
                        • Medical Simulation
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

That sums it up well. We all love Herbert and his talent, but his career is regressing, he hasn't taken the steps forward with experience we expected. Most of it is the environment around him, get him better coaching and personnel and I think he will be fine and get back on the right trajectory, but coaching now is critical.

If it wasn't obvious before, this dum dum organization better hire an accomplished offensive mind as HC to work with their most prized asset and get him back on track.
                        He needs Harbaugh.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                          The Precious
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

Can’t believe I’m saying this but I am so glad he’s out for the year and that’s how bad this is. Unbelievable and I say it’s 50/50 they use the injury excuse to bring back Staley.

Comment

Working...
                          X