• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AK47
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Checkout the injury in Justin's junior year at Sheldon High School, he got hit in the knee with a helmet
    and suffered a severe injury. The major schools weren't really interested after the injury and so Herbert went to college in his hometown.

https://www.oregonlive.com/highschoo...ustin-herbert/
    Whoah it makes me wonder what school he would've went to.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Whoah it makes me wonder what school he would've went to.
      Yup. The thing is, Justin went back to baseball and kept working on developing that big time arm. As I posted earlier, I watched Dan Marino's rookie season and Dan started 9 games and The Webfoot Wonder is equal to or surpassing every stat. That's how good the kid is.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
        The Precious
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Yup. The thing is, Justin went back to baseball and kept working on developing that big time arm. As I posted earlier, I watched Dan Marino's rookie season and Dan started 9 games and The Webfoot Wonder is equal to or surpassing every stat. That's how good the kid is.
        His senior year in high school he was 8-0 with something like a .56 ERA and over 70 strikeouts. The baseball players move better IMO and examples are all over the league with Wilson and Mahomes coming to mind.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

His senior year in high school he was 8-0 with something like a .56 ERA and over 70 strikeouts. The baseball players move better IMO and examples are all over the league with Wilson and Mahomes coming to mind.
          Agreed. Patrick Mahomes another perfect example, as is Kyler Murray. Wanna develop your play as a QB, play baseball and develop your arm.

Comment

• AK47
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2019
            • Send PM

Agreed. Patrick Mahomes another perfect example, as is Kyler Murray. Wanna develop your play as a QB, play baseball and develop your arm.
            Mahommes, Wilson, Murray, Herbert. Baseball prospects .

Back in elementary/high school I did not have an arm to be a full time pitcher but had had good control I thought. Sucked in catching, hitting, ect. I stuck to basketball.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Add “johnny football” to the list
              haha
              as a Padre fan, I liked the pick, I thought at the time he would for sure be an NFL bust and ready to play MLB
              G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                The Precious
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Mahommes, Wilson, Murray, Herbert. Baseball prospects .

Back in elementary/high school I did not have an arm to be a full time pitcher but had had good control I thought. Sucked in catching, hitting, ect. I stuck to basketball.
                Starting as early as age 10-11 the best pitchers are usually your best infielders as well and many play SS on through early high school. The throws from deep SS and 3B require different body angles and a strong arm and I think it definitely shows with Mahomes. Herbert said he got too big in HS and they moved him to the corner infield.

Comment

• AK47
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

Starting as early as age 10-11 the best pitchers are usually your best infielders as well and many play SS on through early high school. The throws from deep SS and 3B require different body angles and a strong arm and I think it definitely shows with Mahomes. Herbert said he got too big in HS and they moved him to the corner infield.
                  Herbert sort of has a Randy Johnson frame. I have no idea how guys like Mahommes and Jay Cutler can produce all that torque throwing footballs. Little wasted motion? That said these NFL guys probably throw no more than a 95mph fastball.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Beware pigeons at Sofi
                    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                      Chargers Hall of Fame
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Send PM

At this point, it's clear Herbert will be the runaway ROY. And for good reason.

But, especially adding that Burrow is likely done for the year (very sad, and my biggest fear for Herbert behind our crappy OL).

And Tua was benched today for "performance reasons" (not to mention he started later in the season).

I'm glad we have Herbert and am GLADLY eating a giant plate of crow.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                        The Precious
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Herbert was throwing fuckin heat today. I’ll let everyone else worry about draft position and prolonged losing streaks aren’t good for rookie QBs IMO. I hope he wrecks the Broncos and screws the Raiders playoff push. Anything else is gravy and wherever we land in the draft at least three of those picks should be oline IMO. This kid is special and we are soooo lucky.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                          X